Shoju's Case Study: Fresh 80 to ICC in 24 hours as DPS.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Shoju's Case Study: Fresh 80 to ICC in 24 hours as DPS.

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 am

Too many shaman! (guild joke when even just one shaman is logged on)
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 am

I added a few more lists in the post on the last page, further breaking down by role in dungeon / %of each classes representation.

I surprised myself when doing this. While in the overall statistics, hunters seemed to be excluded a little from grouping with me, when I did it by % of dpsers by class, they were #1 at 20% of the time.

Is type of gear worn not taken into account, and just weapons? I'm really curious now.
Shoju

Postby Chicken » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 pm

There might also be some weighting in place based on attack range when it's forming. I can imagine the tool trying to avoid making a group with 3 melee DPS for instance since that can make some encounters harder.
Chicken

Postby Kelaan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Shoju wrote:We down Bronjahm, and the head drops. The hunter needs, I need. I win. Hunter is complaining that I should give it to him because he is using a 200. I feel bad, but I'm not giving up the head.

Take what you can, give nothing back. :) Glad you got the helm.

Also, grats on getting in the ICC run. Very cool. How did you get Sons of Hodir to exalted in that same time, though?? Lots of ice shards or something? (I could never find those.)

Shoju wrote:I have to say, of all my characters at 80, this is the first one, that I would REALLY consider a main change to.

I would lose the ability to tank, but man, it is just so much fun to DPS on them, and when i was healing in the 60's it didn't seem to be horrible.

My shaman alt (now 44) has been healing a lot.. and it's damned fun when it goes well. I especially like being DPS and having the option of clutch healing, too. Ele is, in many ways, boring as heck (at this level: LB, LB, LB...), but that has its own cathartic rythm to it. Won't main-swap, though :D
Kelaan

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 pm

I started running Sons of Hodir quests at 77. It was the only thing I did in Storm Peaks from 77 on. With the boost to rep that they put in a patch or two ago, it was really easy, and I was done far sooner than I had anticipated. I shot for 10 relics and 1 everfrost shard every day that I did dailies. Some days I found more than 1.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Kelaan wrote:Ele is, in many ways, boring as heck (at this level: LB, LB, LB...), but that has its own cathartic rythm to it. Won't main-swap, though :D

Just wait till 75! Then its FS -> LvB -> LB LB LB LB LB LB ZzZzZz..
Teranoid

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes