Looking for a Paladin who has main tanked Kael P4/5

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Warrender » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Aleytys wrote:Wait... the shield KT puts up can be dispelled with Arcane Shot? So then ALL the Pyroblasts can be interrupted???

Exploit that was hotfixed ASAP.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Ah it got hotfixed, nice.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Warrender » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Lore wrote:Ah it got hotfixed, nice.

Not that we didn't try it or anything to see if it was or not.

>>
<<
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm

This is the pattern which we're using to basically 1 shot Kael once we get him to P4:

Bulwark
Divine Shield (immune)
Kick or Divine Shield (immune)

Bulwark
Pain Suppression
Kick

Bulwark
Major Fire Protection / Nightmare seed
Kick

Phase 5

Once we just used Pain Suppression a second time since DPS was a little slow.

Its amazing how Kael went from cockblock to farm content in one night.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Lore wrote:Ah it got hotfixed, nice.

Not really, was still there on friday, at least on EU.

Even without that, it's definitively way easier than before, P2 and P3 are nearly trivialized and they were the hardest part of the encounter...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chromax » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Our guild is recently attempting Kael (P2 to P3 transistion strategy still working out the details).

You listed below DS for the first two Pyroblasts, does Kael not break aggro and run amok during the DS time?

I was wondering what the difference between a pally and warrior are for P4/P5 taking the pyroblasts is (i.e. what does a warrior do where the pally is "bubbling" in the rotation you listed).

Can someone clue me in to what Pain Supression is below (i.e. spell/talent/etc...).

Chromax
Chromax

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:01 pm

Pain Suppression is the 41 discipline talent of the priests.

It's a buff that reduces damage taken by 40% and total threat by 5% for 8 seconds, with 2 minutes cooldown.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chromax » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:54 am

Worldie,

Thanks for the info (i am such a noob).

Any idea what a warrior does to aviod the pyro blast (are they using spell reflection?).

Chromax
Chromax

Postby Mortehl » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 am

Chromax wrote:Our guild is recently attempting Kael (P2 to P3 transistion strategy still working out the details).

You listed below DS for the first two Pyroblasts, does Kael not break aggro and run amok during the DS time?

I was wondering what the difference between a pally and warrior are for P4/P5 taking the pyroblasts is (i.e. what does a warrior do where the pally is "bubbling" in the rotation you listed).

Can someone clue me in to what Pain Supression is below (i.e. spell/talent/etc...).

Chromax

You cancel aura as soon as Kael's 3rd pyro is kicked (or even the second if your dps has its shit together).

Also, warriors split their last stand and shield wall up, but if it goes to a 4th pyroblast and they have no pain suppressions in the raid, its gg.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Destrina » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:49 pm

Alorianna has tanked Kael now, our first kill in fact, about 3-4 weeks ago.
Destrina

Postby Puss » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:11 am

I tanked Kael in phase 4 of our progression phase yesterday.
I was a bit hesitant to 'waste' a try on not using seeds and FR pots , but I just told everyone if we wiped then it was for a good cause.

How I tank him in phase 4 :

wait for first pyro -> let pyro hit me without doing anything ( I get a shield from a priest, I trust him blindly and he never forgot it ). No FR pots / no seeds. After it hits me I'm left with 1mm of hp ( about 100-300 hp I guess ).

Then I pop bulwark immediately , which shields me from any damage for 4 seconds. That is enough time for the healers to heal me up to 100% AND it shields me from Pyro number 2.

then I go back to tanking and expect the interruptors ( we use 3 interruptors for the last pyro ) interrupt him. The DPS this way can fully focus on nuking the eggs and don't have to worry about nuking shields etc.

Got him thru 2 of these pyro series without any problems, and wiped because a phoenix was AOE'ing the DPS group coz the tank was MC'd. It was 23:30 so we called it : tonight he will go back and probably kill him.

I run with 1299 stamina unbuffed btw. Just in case you wanna know how much 'flat' stamina you need to survive the pyro without needing seeds / pots.

-Puss
Puss

Postby Jonesy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 am

I would be incredibly hesitant about not using pots/seeds. The pyro hits for up to 55k before reductions, so 27.5k after mace buff, so 24750 after RF. PW:S absorbs about 1800, I think, so if you're at 23k buffed then you literally have a leeway of 50 hp - which means that any environmental damage at all (including autoattacking his shield!) will kill you. For me, that's an unacceptable amount of risk.

For what it's worth, I eventually went with this rotation:

pot/shield/kick
seed/shield/kick
pot/shield/kick
bubble/bubble/shield
pot/shield/kick
seed/shield/kick
pot/shield/kick

If you haven't killed him by that point, you aren't going to.
Jonesy

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:29 am

I strongly suggest the tanker/kiter for phoenixes to have the PvP trinket. Dispelling the mind control if it comes at the worst time possible can turn a wipe into a kill.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby nicolax » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 am

hey jonesy :D

thanks for all the useful info everyone, we are going for kael'thas again tonight (got only one night of tries yet).
your rotation seems very solid, i will try it , we got to phase 4 only once for now.
tanked vashj successfully again btw and with less players dead :), 2 kills, 2 times MTed by a paladin
nicolax

Postby knaughty » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:41 am

Our progression kill, and our 2nd kill only had 3 pyro cycles in P4.

If you have enough DPS to get through P2/3, even nerfed, KT goes from 100% to 50% in under 5 minutes. Or at least, that's what we're seeing.

Why are people planning for 6-7 minute or longer Phase 4s?

P5 you can ignore the shield as he doesn't pyro.

Am I missing something?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest Keep