Remove Advertisements

So the family is switching to Comcast

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: So the family is switching to Comcast

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:51 am

Pfife wrote:
Dorvan wrote:I agree that Comcast quality varies a lot by location.

Good to know. Anybody in the general San Jose, California area have any major issues with the service? I should also note that my last experience with them had the service cut out at least once or twice a week (only on wireless (lynksis) for some reason) and that was in Spokane WA.

That probably had nothing at all to do with Comcast and everything to do with your wireless router. If other computers in your house were still connected to the internet, then Comcast was working just fine.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

Fridmarr wrote:That probably had nothing at all to do with Comcast and everything to do with your wireless router. If other computers in your house were still connected to the internet, then Comcast was working just fine.

^^ This. If the connection between your modem and the internet is fine, it's not Comcast...it's your hardware.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Fridmarr wrote:For sure, we are in the same region and other than that major wind storm about 3.5 years ago (when power was out for 3 days at my house) I don't think I've suffered any outages. In fact, because of their stability with internet, I went ahead and switched my phone to them too.

However, don't you have click in your area? If so, we have a completely different backbone.

Yeah, I have click available in my area but I've never had a reason to move from Comcast, Also. What part of WA are you from?

Gracerath wrote:I use Comcast in WA. I lose my connection at least once a week for an hour or two. Luckily its never during raid times but it always seems to drop me when I'm wanting to do other shit. I'll be on a youtube kick or checking my netflix or whatever and all of a sudden my modem starts blinking

What part of WA? Down here in the south sound I have 0 problems.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Chunes » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Aubade wrote:I've had comcast for 7 years now, (Pacific Northwest). And never had a problem with it, no bandwith problems, no download/upload limit problems.

I've had comcast for 5 years now, (Colorado). And never had a problem with it, no bandwith problems, no download/upload limit problems.
Chunes

Postby Aubade » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Chunes wrote:
Aubade wrote:I've had comcast for 7 years now, (Pacific Northwest). And never had a problem with it, no bandwith problems, no download/upload limit problems.

I've had comcast for 5 years now, (Colorado). And never had a problem with it, no bandwith problems, no download/upload limit problems.

Ooh, what part of Colorado? I was in Thornton (Right outside of Denver, north about 15 minutes) For my summer vacation. We also went to Hanging Lake near Glenwood Springs, actually WENT to the springs, and went to Lake City for the 4th. Beautiful place, also; Denver is pretty neat and I like it better than Seattle.
Aubade

Postby Pfife » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 am

Aubade wrote:What part of WA? Down here in the south sound I have 0 problems.

Spokane, spent 5 years at Gonzaga.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Gracerath » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 am

Aubade wrote:
Gracerath wrote:I use Comcast in WA. I lose my connection at least once a week for an hour or two. Luckily its never during raid times but it always seems to drop me when I'm wanting to do other shit. I'll be on a youtube kick or checking my netflix or whatever and all of a sudden my modem starts blinking

What part of WA? Down here in the south sound I have 0 problems.

I live down in Longview.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:28 am

I've been using Comcast for about 5-6 years now, no major problems, I consider it very reliable regardless of weather.

Way up in Blaine, WA.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:07 am

Fuck man, how many people live in WA?
Aubade

Postby Leuthas » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:39 am

All Prot Paladins live in Washington yo.

Should have a party.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Leuthas wrote:All Prot Paladins live in Washington yo.

Should have a party.

Man, I had a little get together last night. And I tried once, the interest wasn't too high. It was just me and aergis/thalia possibly and bldavis thinking about coming from Oregon.
Aubade

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum