Remove Advertisements

Guys don't worry

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Guys don't worry

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:26 am

I assume that all this +33%, however, is applied to the values we had on Beta which were already mostly nerfed -50%. Which means the numbers are still down from Live.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:23 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I assume that all this +33%, however, is applied to the values we had on Beta which were already mostly nerfed -50%. Which means the numbers are still down from Live.

Clearly. Also consider that the coefficients are still nerfed by 50%. The base damage of spells isn't such a big deal in comparison.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dantriges » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Nerf it because people think, consecrate = magic fairy glue.

If I get a penny evry time someone said, well paladin tanks are good aoe tanks because of consecrate or they are boring, just put down consecrate in the middle of the mobs amd you are done...
Dantriges

Postby Leuthas » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Dantriges wrote:Nerf it because people think, consecrate = magic fairy glue.

If I get a penny evry time someone said, well paladin tanks are good aoe tanks because of consecrate or they are boring, just put down consecrate in the middle of the mobs amd you are done...

+1
I hit my head on my desk every time someone says, "Just lay down Consecration." It happens a lot. People don't understand when I tell them I'd rather have Thunderclap or Death and Decay than Consecrate... I don't understand where this "mob glue" stereotype came from.

I'd much rather see massive nerfs right off, with the release of Cataclysm, then a slow buff to be about on par, but not above other tanks; rather than being way OP to start, and getting nerfed later. This way people will start a stereotype of Paladins being a bad class in the expansion and fewer people will play them - like warriors in WotLK.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Mutley » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Leuthas wrote:I don't understand where this "mob glue" stereotype came from.

It comes from tbc, it really was glue back then.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby Amirya » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Mutley wrote:

Times change, and we with them.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Amirya wrote:
Mutley wrote:

Of course, nobody thinks Ret Paladins are exiled noodle-swingling barbies anymore.

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Amirya wrote:Times change, and we with them.

Speak for yourself, GEROFFTHELAWN!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Leuthas » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Amirya wrote:
Mutley wrote:

Oh my god I just realized you're on Scarlet Crusdae. Stalker!

But I don't think I've ever seen one of your toons you have listed in your signature before...

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Yelena » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Leuthas wrote:Of course, nobody thinks Ret Paladins are exiled noodle-swingling barbies anymore.

Instead they're thought of as the spec with a very low skill requirement in order to procure respectable output. An exceptional Ret Paladin, who executes good use of clash resolution priority, doesn't do a significant amount more damage to differentiate themselves much from the average/poor Ret Paladin who just hits whatever.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby heuvarius » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Yelena wrote:
Leuthas wrote:Of course, nobody thinks Ret Paladins are exiled noodle-swingling barbies anymore.

Instead they're thought of as the spec with a very low skill requirement in order to procure respectable output. An exceptional Ret Paladin, who executes good use of clash resolution priority, doesn't do a significant amount more damage to differentiate themselves much from the average/poor Ret Paladin who just hits whatever.

This is of course subject to change with Cata. Inq>TV is turning ret into a mini-cat rotation akin to Savage Roar->Rip/FB
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Mutley wrote:

Except it wasn't, actually. What WAS glue was SA mana regen causing threat. When you've got a bunch of healers throwing a bunch of heals on a single person getting threat from being healed, it works surprisingly well. It was so subtle that it just seemed like it was all consecrate. It was the Nefarian demo spam of TBC.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Dantriges » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:19 am

Poor Consecrate getting the blame since TBC. :lol:
Dantriges

Postby heuvarius » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:34 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:Except it wasn't, actually. What WAS glue was SA mana regen causing threat. When you've got a bunch of healers throwing a bunch of heals on a single person getting threat from being healed, it works surprisingly well. It was so subtle that it just seemed like it was all consecrate. It was the Nefarian demo spam of TBC.

Remember the days of spamming RF every free GCD so to dump mana and get more threat from SA.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby Mutley » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:17 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:
Mutley wrote:

Except it wasn't, actually. What WAS glue was SA mana regen causing threat. When you've got a bunch of healers throwing a bunch of heals on a single person getting threat from being healed, it works surprisingly well. It was so subtle that it just seemed like it was all consecrate. It was the Nefarian demo spam of TBC.

Except it was. SA only give half the mana restored as threat, and it was split amongst all targets. Consecration scaled with spell damage so with halfway decent gear cons did far more tps then sa mana gains as your int hardly went up along the tiers.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm