Remove Advertisements

[10H] Putricide plague sharing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Donahu » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:39 pm

He recasts it but not for the full duration of the plague so you have the full 60 seconds of not worrying about it. Letting someone die and then just ressing them is a perfectly acceptable strategy.

Soulstones work the best...have the warlock pick up the plague and soulstone themselves. Pop, healed, life-tap, and rocking again. This way your battle resses are still around and the warlocks will never say "Oops, I didn't soulstone XXXX that had the plague fast enough...sorry".
Donahu
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 am

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Gracerath » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:46 am

Donahu wrote:He recasts it but not for the full duration of the plague so you have the full 60 seconds of not worrying about it. Letting someone die and then just ressing them is a perfectly acceptable strategy.

Soulstones work the best...have the warlock pick up the plague and soulstone themselves. Pop, healed, life-tap, and rocking again. This way your battle resses are still around and the warlocks will never say "Oops, I didn't soulstone XXXX that had the plague fast enough...sorry".


I think someone mentioned it earlier but note that this isn't entirely reliable. I've had it recast within 10-15 seconds of the person dying from a fresh cast disease (12ish seconds to die +10-15 seconds to recast). We tried to use this in p3 by burning a soulstone / battle rez but often we'd just get the disease again fairly quick like.

Obviously some people have had it work but I'd have a backup plan in place to handle the disease again in p3.
Bye space sword!
User avatar
Gracerath
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Donahu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:16 am

Hrm, interesting. I'm not sure what we would have done if we had gotten a second plague. I'd guess just bounce it in melee? Not sure how that worked for most, I know on 25m they do that but there are a lot more to spread it around to. Can always sacrifice another raid member :twisted:.
Donahu
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 am

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 am

How about you guys just learn to share the plague properly? Instead of trying to find a plan that involves sacrificing a raid member?
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Invisusira » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:18 am

Image
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Donahu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 am

We could just continue to use the same strategy from Phase 1 and Phase 2....

The sacrifice a raid member increases the raids DPS, kills boss faster, and has less risks of mixups or messing up. Overall, it's just more efficient and will allow you more time (and possibly attempts due to less risk) to work on Heroic LK that week ^^.
Donahu
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 am

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:55 am

I still feel it's sloppy to just circumvent actual tactics. :/
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Belloc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:34 am

Donahu wrote:We could just continue to use the same strategy from Phase 1 and Phase 2....

The sacrifice a raid member increases the raids DPS, kills boss faster, and has less risks of mixups or messing up. Overall, it's just more efficient and will allow you more time (and possibly attempts due to less risk) to work on Heroic LK that week ^^.

When you have to spend time rebuffing a sacrificed player (or if you don't rebuff him at all), you are not increasing the raid's DPS. A line of players can pass the plague by taking one second of movement time. Most DPS have instants that they can fill those blanks with.

Sacrificing a player is a DPS loss unless you don't know how to properly share the plague. An acceptable loss, at 30%, but still a loss and very sloppy play. It definitely isn't doing your raid any favors in the reaction, planning, and skill department.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I still feel it's sloppy to just circumvent actual tactics. :/


It's a sloppy tactic, but it's still a tactic. And when is killing warlocks a bad thing?

But, yes, your raid should be able to do the fight in an optimal manner. If your raid is capable of doing it in a non-optimal manner, a dead boss is a dead boss, no matter how many cats were skinned along the way ...
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?