Remove Advertisements

Good Adons for tanking help

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Good Adons for tanking help

Postby Ekoospiat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 am

hello im looking for some good addons to help me to become a better tank anyone know of any : )
Ekoospiat

Re: Good Adons for tanking help

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:30 am

While it's pretty circumstantial for everyone... basic recommended ones are Omen, Recount (not just for dps but for death logs, etc.) and Deadly Boss Mods.

Other than that, the rest is all per person. I couldn't recommend Power Auras enough, but it's not for everyone.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:05 pm

CBH Viewport, widens your view area. Its great for fights that have any environmental effects for you to dodge or adds to pick up.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:08 pm

lythac wrote:CBH Viewport, widens your view area.

lol
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:13 pm

I was being srs. A wider view area for Sarth25 3D (at appropriate gear) for add pickup was very beneficial. Still seems to be the fight that benefited most from it, I never got to do Anub25 H but think it would have been good there.
lythac

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

No, I meant because it's called CBH Viewport.

Although does it do anything different than simply setting your camera to max distance?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Oh I see. It is made by Chloe, who has CBH IIRC.

Yep it does more than if you just set your camera distance to max. I shall attempt to draw a pic or take some SS.

Edit 1 - best thing to do is install it and drag the black bar from the bottom up and down.

Edit 2 - Its similar to going from a 4:3 to a 16:9 (if you ever had the joy of playing on a 4:3)
lythac

Postby _Chloe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Basically it shapes your world frame, or the 3d area of the game. Basically 4:3 => 16:9 and a bunch in between. Also you can thank Maintankadin IRC for the name lol.
_Chloe

Postby Autofollow » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am

A few additional addons that have helped and are included in some other threads in this forum:

Grid ~ easy to see who has aggro and use Righteous Defense on.
Aloft (or Tidyplates) ~ Nameplate modifier for threat levels, cast bars etc. Personally I use Aloft, others may recommend Tidyplates but each works.

Those two come to mind quickly, but the nameplate addon made a HUGE difference in my tanking since it made it easier for me to find any mobs I was losing threat on and switch to or those I lost completely to grab back.
Autofollow

Postby sapientialb » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:43 am

Anyone have a problem with Grid showing agro indicators? I have it set to in theory show up in the top right corner but it doesnt. Maybe I just need to kill the profile it created for my warrior or something.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Vrimmel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 am

I'm looking for a good character bar and target bar addon. It should show at least show debuffs on myself, target and target of target and be movable. Also I want an icon for the mob involved, but not one of those 3D moving icons for my face because they annoy me to death. Any suggestions?
Vrimmel

Postby Darkler » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 am

If you don't fear doing some tweaking to get them right, you can pretty much change everything in stuf unit frames. I use it and although it looks bad the first time it is installed I haven't found anything better.

And by change anything I pretty much mean Anything :)
Darkler

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Vrimmel wrote:I'm looking for a good character bar and target bar addon. It should show at least show debuffs on myself, target and target of target and be movable. Also I want an icon for the mob involved, but not one of those 3D moving icons for my face because they annoy me to death. Any suggestions?

i was going to suggest pitbull, but then i read the icon, but no 3D faces..... i love my creepy eyes! (althogh it does get weird sometimes)

as far as other addons, i agree with nika that powerauras is godly, but it isnt for everyone.

for other addons:
veiwport - skinner
nameplates - tidyplates neon(much better and cleaner then threatplates)
bars - bartender combined with CTBarmod (ability CDs on the buttons)just have core active, no other plug-ins
party/raid frames - grid w/ grid mana bars (helps by showing your healers mana level)
buff/debuff - elkano's buffbars
threat - omen
fight data meter - recount
and i think thats it for tanking.....

i do use badkitty for my bear tanking, but im looking for something else to try, esp for when im kitty. i also use chinchilla minimap, have minimap, chat, bars, omen, and recount all in my bottom bar,

these can all be tweaked to get your ui just right for you

and yes i know i have way too much time on my hands to be able to get all those links put in, but i hope it helps

if you would like a ss of how my ui is set up, just send me a PM

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros