Molten Core?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Molten Core?

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:31 am

I realize this is on the minds of only a very small minority, but is Molten Core (and therefore Garr/Geddon ;)) still accessible in Cataclysm? I'll be quite sad/pissed if my year of farming Garr will have been for naught.
Kelaan

Re: Molten Core?

Postby Belloc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:34 am

They're not getting rid of Molten Core
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 am

Hooray! :D
I didn't think they would, but just wanted to be certain.
Kelaan

Postby Leuthas » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:48 pm

I've read a single blue post (which I cannot provide) stating very directly the fact that they do not intend to remove Molten Core, however (again, this was specifically mentioned) the changes to Silithus might make obtaining Thunderfury impossible.

EDIT1
Okay here I can find it:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 10&sid=1#7

EDIT3
Someone brought to my attention the "We are Legendary" achievement which at first did not recognize legendary items already obtained before the achievement is to be implimented, and (link below) it has been stated in a blue post that such legendaries will be recognized... so less one excuse to farm previous expansion's content for more progressed guilds.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4&pageNo=1
Last post, first page.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Pfife » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:49 am

For me the question is if we will still be able to handle Baron Geddon and his Ignite Mana since we won't be able to dispell it. It may not be a problem with our new mana regen mechanics and insane health pool with judge and/or seal of light. Can anybody confirm any oom problems on him?
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Leuthas » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Pfife wrote:For me the question is if we will still be able to handle Baron Geddon and his Ignite Mana since we won't be able to dispell it. It may not be a problem with our new mana regen mechanics and insane health pool with judge and/or seal of light. Can anybody confirm any oom problems on him?

I actually was considering the same question a few weeks ago, Pfife, so I gave it a shot. I found that it was easy to ignore the Ignite Mana as protection so long as I had a few hounds in the fight, or earth elementals. As for ret, it was harder on healing - both the extra damage and the heavily limited mana, I wasn't able to do it in one attempt as ret (which is when I switched to prot) but I suspect with larger health pools and massive damage it won't be very difficult at all.

Seal of Vengeance as prot and SoV with some SoL as ret.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Lacking a magical dispel is going to hurt a lot of soloability, unfortunately :( Prot is going to miss being able to block cap, Ret will miss being able to nearly spam instant FoL due to AoW procs, and both will miss Sacred Shield dearly. All of that will be made up in a place like MC by 85 skyrocketing health and damage though.

That said, Geddon's ignite mana isn't very powerful. Much more annoying are the curses from Lucifron and Gehennas which we were never able to get rid of.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Molten Core might not be disappearing, but ZG is.
Zul'Gurub is gone as a raid instance come Cataclysm.
Get your Razzashi Raptor and Zulian Tiger quick, friends.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Return to Cataclysm