[10H] Putricide plague sharing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:17 am

I've tried a couple things in setting up our 10man to spread the plague around, but it all feels more complicated than it should be and usually at the very least messes up the ooze focus during the transition. We've never really gotten out of the first transition well, but I don't think we can worry about the oozes until we have a good solution for the plague.

Last night I set up a red rover / electric slide / hokey pokey line for the plagued person to step out and shuffle it down the row, but obviously that falls apart when we have to move around for the transition oozes.

I caught the pet/army suggestion in the non-heroic PP thread, and that should be really helpful since we do actually have 2 DKs in our 10, so we can do that for both transitions. I just have no idea what's an easy and viable way to deal with the plague hopping.

What if we just stayed bunched and let it hop every tick? Would that be healable even with the damage buff on it?

-- Also, we usually have 2 or 3 druids and a warlock. Plague doesn't last through death does it? :twisted:
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Re: [10H] Putricide plague sharing

Postby Donahu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 am

I can tell you what we ended up doing and maybe you'll find some help from it.

I type up a list of 6 players to spread the plague around. They are all ranged or heals but if we are short a ranged/heals then I'll be the 6th person (ret). I then mash the list periodically throughout the fight as it is the order for the plague to be carried in. The entire group is spread out any time a plague is incoming. First person to get the plague goes to a designated spot - for us this is the southern tip of the circle in the room. The raid then collapses to the center of the room. The next person on the list moves to the plague carrier and picks it up off that person at or around the 12 second mark. The person who just had the plague goes to the far north so as not to accidentally get a double stack. This makes only 5 people need to be in the rotation each plague with a 6th if necessary. If a melee or tank gets it they go to the southern spot and anyone without the debuff will take it off them and start the order from that person on again.

Once P3 kicks off, we have a warlock soulstone themselves and take the disease from whoever gets it and self resses. You can use soulstones and rebirth's just fine if the person dies with it earlier on in the fight, etc. With that many soulstones and rebirth's you could probably try to zerg the boss and just let the first 3 diseases die off but I wouldn't reccomend that as you'll probably not have those always available.

It sounds overcomplicated but I've done the fight like this many times trying to farm my stupid trinket and this strategy always worked for us even with different raid comps and yes..pugs.
Donahu

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Plague goes away if the target dies; PP may or may not recast it immediately. I know we've tried sacrificing the carrier a few times, but it seems like usually the plague just restarted immediately.

We set up zones in the room: most of the fight is in the back-right corner under the green ooze spout. Plague is handled towards the middle of the room. Unless you have the plague or are going to pick up the plague next, you should not be in the middle of the room. Healers and ranged DPS (and sometimes a melee when things get hectic) need to be able to do the hokey pokey as needed. This is one of those fights where everyone in the raid needs to know every mechanic and what they, personally, need to be doing about it.

Things will get hectic with positioning, but people need to know wtf they're doing at all times.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:40 pm

Hmm... ok. I wonder if our usual way of handling the green ooze is part of the problem. We usually swap sides and make the green come to us. It looks like a lot of people just dogpile the green spawn location and try to kill it immediately before it can even do a knockback more than once? That plus army helping on the transitions may make all the other complications of positioning easier. If we just stay on that side of the room we can have more consistent plague instructions.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Donahu » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:45 am

Tanking under the green ooze spawn continuously is definitely the best way to do this fight. If it picks a melee, you have the tank and 2-3 melee to spread the damage out. If it picks a ranged, everyone can adjust and stack. No one ever comes close to dying from the explosion anymore with the 30% buff...used to have to have a healer stack in melee range as well to spread damage ;).

If you are dancing back and forth between sides of the room you lose a lot of DPS, have potential gas bombs in the middle of the room, etc. Just so many more advantages to a stable, not moving often (except to drop gas bombs off on the wall) boss.
Donahu

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Donahu wrote:Tanking under the green ooze spawn continuously is definitely the best way to do this fight. If it picks a melee, you have the tank and 2-3 melee to spread the damage out. If it picks a ranged, everyone can adjust and stack. No one ever comes close to dying from the explosion anymore with the 30% buff...used to have to have a healer stack in melee range as well to spread damage ;).

If you are dancing back and forth between sides of the room you lose a lot of DPS, have potential gas bombs in the middle of the room, etc. Just so many more advantages to a stable, not moving often (except to drop gas bombs off on the wall) boss.

Tanking on the green ooze spawn is only a good thing if you have enough melee (2+... depending on how many pets you have). If you have all ranged dps, you do not stay anywhere near the green ooze spawn (in fact, if that's the case, you spend almost the entire fight near the table).
Belloc

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Belloc wrote:Tanking on the green ooze spawn is only a good thing if you have enough melee (2+... depending on how many pets you have). If you have all ranged dps, you do not stay anywhere near the green ooze spawn (in fact, if that's the case, you spend almost the entire fight near the table).

Hmmm not for us. We LOVE this method when we have next to no melee. We've been running ranged heavy the past month, and usually only have one melee. The melee and the healers and the tank all run together to cushion the blow. This leaves all four ranged to stand and nuke without problem.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm

It can be done both ways, but keep in mind that without the stacking buff, a ranged heavy group would have a very difficult time surviving the fight by stacking on the green spawn. It works now, but it's not necessarily ideal.

As it is right now, a ranged heavy group standing by the table can have the green ooze dead before it reaches its first target.

I always suggest trying multiple strats and going with what works for the group, even if it means that you don't use my preferred strats :P
Belloc

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Sorry, to clarify - the range stand in a semi circle in the middle of the room, the healers are opposite them. When a green spawns, the healers stack on the boss and the ranged remain still. We don't have them all standing in one spot so that the plague doesn't get spread acidentally.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Ok, this has been really helpful. Our movement strat has worked fine for normal, but i see how it's not at all good for the heroic mode.

So, if you keep PP over near the green spawn point, the tank watches the timer on gas vials and runs him over to drop them by the wall, then brings him back?
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Donahu » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:So, if you keep PP over near the green spawn point, the tank watches the timer on gas vials and runs him over to drop them by the wall, then brings him back?

Yep. That's exactly how we do it. I have always been abom for 10M and ret for 25m so I've never had to do that part but I know in 25m (since I'm dps'ing) that the gas vials always spawn when the orange ooze is being killed so even if you miss a vials spawn no one should be dps'ing the boss anyways (at least for us, we still have melee killing orange oozes after it picks a target) and they won't get the 75% hit debuff!

@Belloc

If your entire ranged group is up near the table how do you handle the plague sharing or is that your normal mode strategy? I'm just visualizing the room from work but I'd think you'd run shy of room dodging bouncing slimes and trying to spread plague around plus having a green one root someone in place seems like it can really mess it up in that area?
Donahu

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:25 am

Donahu wrote:@Belloc

If your entire ranged group is up near the table how do you handle the plague sharing or is that your normal mode strategy?

I thought that as well. All clumped up could mean a really bad plague would get circled around quickly.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby lakhesis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:10 am

Anyone know if he re-casts the disease during p3?

I'm actually interested in it for 25h mode, but the 10 & 25 are similar enough in this regard. Never actually stopped & checked whether he was recasting it when I've done the 10's version :?... after a 0.1% sub 200,000hp wipe last night where the disease was an issue, we're looking at just sacrificing whoever has it at the start of the 2nd transition tonight & wondering whether we'll lose only the 1 person or several.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:18 am

lakhesis wrote:Anyone know if he re-casts the disease during p3?

He does.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Donahu wrote:@Belloc

If your entire ranged group is up near the table how do you handle the plague sharing or is that your normal mode strategy?

I thought that as well. All clumped up could mean a really bad plague would get circled around quickly.

I never said clumped up :P

Using that strategy, the group would typically form a line near the table. The key word, again, is near. There's plenty of room up there for healers and ranged while still being very far away from the green and orange spawns.

I think the tankspot video might demonstrate the strategy, actually... but it's been a long time since I've watched it, so it might be another video.
Belloc

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel