Remove Advertisements

Lich King 10M : Defile

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Lich King 10M : Defile

Postby Bladeheart » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:11 am

Hi all,

my raid group in 10s just got to lich king and currently working to down him. We've pretty much got phase 1 down, as well as the transition (orbs, spirits). When we got to phase 2 however, we really hit a roadblock with defile.

What we were doing was stacking on the middle, and when dbm announces who defile is being cast on to, run away from that guy, and that guy runs away from the raid. I've found out though that there's the occasional raid member who will run beside the person who has defile.

I was thinking of setting a predetermined defile run off point before defile is cast. The guy who gets defile runs there and raid moves off in the opposite direction. A friend suggesting spreading out in a circle around the tanks before defile hits, and collapsing back onto the tank after.

Appreciate any advice on this. :)
Bladeheart

Re: Lich King 10M : Defile

Postby Talaii » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:15 am

Bladeheart wrote:A friend suggesting spreading out in a circle around the tanks before defile hits, and collapsing back onto the tank after.

This is the correct solution. You want everyone spread out when a defile is incoming, and everyone stacked up as close as possible to the middle when valks are incoming (we use LK as a stack point). For the couple of waves where you get a valk then an immediate defile (wave 2), you want to stack up, then spread as soon as the valk target is announced.
Talaii

Postby Navan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:48 am

Keep in mind that Defile can land on the tanks too, so it is a good idea to have everyone spread out into a circle so you don't end up with one in the middle. Another point is to edge your group away from the last Defile and try really hard not to drop 2 Defiles right next to each other as it may trap people on the wrong side when a valk comes.

I highly recommend Glyph of Hammer of Justice, the extra 5 yards is great for those Valk/Defile combos.
Navan

Postby Pala » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Sabindeus posted a video for some reason a while ago that was shot by a mage in his guild. I thought it was pretty good for Vent communication and spreading out for Defile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eX-BpnLge4
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Bladeheart » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks for the help! We actually got to down him today. :)

We did spread out for defile, and the results were way better. Although when Valk comes along, it kinda complicates things.
Bladeheart

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel