My DK is like a quilt - HELP!

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: My DK is like a quilt - HELP!

Postby Gracerath » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:09 am

Shoju wrote:
Levantine wrote:I just lucked out that A) I love frost dps B) I'm good at Frost DPS and C) I like how DK's are playing on the beta for some strange reason. I'm sure as hell never tanking on her again though.

from everything I have seen, DK's play well in the beta. I'm stuck in limbo on getting into the beta. Guild won the contest, we sent our email back with names, but only half the list is in so far.

I'm more of an unholy DPS person now that I've toyed with it, but man i love frost tanking. I will try new blood tanking, but I'm not sure I will be as excited about it.

They don't play well but they aren't broken either. They work but Runic Empowerment kinda messes stuff up by forcing dps into a GCD capped situation so there is no room to use the "fun" abilities they are trying to talk up, vital cooldowns still require runes, talent trees (especially unholy) are a bit bloaty and unable to really pick up any of the utility talents, etc. Basically, shit still need a lot of fixin.

Personally I like that they chose a tree to be a dedicated tank tree. I didn't like that every single DK tree looked like the feral tree and caused a balancing nightmare. It is unfortunate that people enjoying certain playstyles now get a little bit hosed but in the end I feel it is for the better. I share the sentiment about not wanting to tank ever as my DK in cataclysm. Hopefully my paladin and new worgen warrior will fill that need.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:46 am

ulushnar wrote: I actually really liked Blood DPS, but I don't think it'd survive a post-ArP world.

Blood DPS wont survive because Blood is a tanking tree.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby ulushnar » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:52 am

Flex wrote:
ulushnar wrote: I actually really liked Blood DPS, but I don't think it'd survive a post-ArP world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsSWJvlojgc
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 am

Flex wrote:

Which is unfortunate, because I also prefer blood dps. I am currently toying with dual-wield frost dps, not sure yet how I like it.

I sure as hell won't be playing Blood come Cata, I don't like DK tanks.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Gracerath wrote:
Shoju wrote:
Levantine wrote:I just lucked out that A) I love frost dps B) I'm good at Frost DPS and C) I like how DK's are playing on the beta for some strange reason. I'm sure as hell never tanking on her again though.

from everything I have seen, DK's play well in the beta. I'm stuck in limbo on getting into the beta. Guild won the contest, we sent our email back with names, but only half the list is in so far.

I'm more of an unholy DPS person now that I've toyed with it, but man i love frost tanking. I will try new blood tanking, but I'm not sure I will be as excited about it.

They don't play well but they aren't broken either. They work but Runic Empowerment kinda messes stuff up by forcing dps into a GCD capped situation so there is no room to use the "fun" abilities they are trying to talk up, vital cooldowns still require runes, talent trees (especially unholy) are a bit bloaty and unable to really pick up any of the utility talents, etc. Basically, shit still need a lot of fixin.

Personally I like that they chose a tree to be a dedicated tank tree. I didn't like that every single DK tree looked like the feral tree and caused a balancing nightmare. It is unfortunate that people enjoying certain playstyles now get a little bit hosed but in the end I feel it is for the better. I share the sentiment about not wanting to tank ever as my DK in cataclysm. Hopefully my paladin and new worgen warrior will fill that need.

It's GCD locked and yet it still doesn't feel nearly as hectic as it does on live. I do agree that there's more that needs to be done, but the core of how they're going to work is there, now it's just a numbers game. Not like Hunters having broken pets a couple of other classes that just flat out weren't working for a push or two.
Levantine

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes