Parry Haste

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Parry Haste

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 pm

I thought I had all this down, but then I got into an argument w/ someone in raid over it? A boss only becomes parry hasted if the main target its attacking parrys? Like so the 5 melee could stand in front of the boss ( presuming no cleaves, and they are just dumb and nerf their dps) and any of their parry's wouldn't parry haste it? I thought thats why on some fights like back in the day when you'd do mother sharaz ( before they made her not parry haste all that junk) you'd not attack. I'm trying to think of other bosses...

Confirm deny?

So anyone else's parry other than the MT has no bearing on the boss parry hasting? This is what this dude said and hes from one of the top guilds on the server and normally I would be like uh no your wrong but then someone else I know said the same thing. Just double checking.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: Parry Haste

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:05 pm

PLEASE NOTE it is not okay for melee dps to attack from the front on most bosses as it will result in less dps and increased tank damage due to the large number of parriable attacks a whole raid group has compared to a single tank.

posted by that majabin moderator guy. I deam him a fairly reliable source.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:26 pm

All parries can result in parry hasting on mobs where it is enabled. Note however that a large amount of bosses in ICC have it turned off, and it should be gone entirely in Cataclysm.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:All parries can result in parry hasting on mobs where it is enabled. Note however that a large amount of bosses in ICC have it turned off, and it should be gone entirely in Cataclysm.

This. Any player attacking from the front can generate a parry, provided the boss is capable of parry-hasting in the first place.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby knaughty » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:56 pm

From memory the only significant boss it matters on is Halion.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby theckhd » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 pm

knaughty wrote:From memory the only significant boss it matters on is Halion.

Sindragosa as well.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 am

Yeah I pretty much knew all that was just verifying for my own piece of mind before I call someone out who is misinforming people. Its like dude your in the 300th top raiding guild in the world or something like that... or 100th maybe even and you dont know that? We got into an argument about it on halion, i mean we kill it obviously but he had tried arguing w/ me about and I'm I dont think so...
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 am

To summarize, being in a kickass guild often means you know what you're doing. But it doesn't
necessarily mean you know why you do it. Incoming Kungen reference. :)
Arcand

Return to Basic Training & Talents