Beta Build 12759 8/13/10

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta Build 12759 8/13/10

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:28 am

Noradin wrote:
Aedh wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:It's a bunch of golden shiny leavesbutterflies on the target.

Fixt

Indeed.

And the judgement animation was the same used for holy procs on the target (like the dot of SoV).
They look similar (as in tiny and golden) but not the same.

No, it was the same as Faerie Fire. Leaves, butterflies, whatever.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Gideon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 pm

What did I start?

The seal/judgement system was cobbled together quickly just before launch and they needed animations in a hurry. For seals they used the Inner Fire animation and Judgement had to share with Faerie Fire.

That was until, iirc, the paladin class review (the one where they removed the word "tanks" from the official paladin class page). Then Judgement got a sort of holy spark thing on the mob. Looked cool. That was probably it for vanilla-era animation changes until at least 2.0 just before TBC.

/uphillbothwaysinthesnow
Gideon

Postby Pizbit » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Gideon wrote:/uphillbothwaysinthesnow

But not barefoot? YOUNGSTER!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Gideon wrote:What did I start?

The seal/judgement system was cobbled together quickly just before launch and they needed animations in a hurry. For seals they used the Inner Fire animation and Judgement had to share with Faerie Fire.

That was until, iirc, the paladin class review (the one where they removed the word "tanks" from the official paladin class page). Then Judgement got a sort of holy spark thing on the mob. Looked cool. That was probably it for vanilla-era animation changes until at least 2.0 just before TBC.

/uphillbothwaysinthesnow

Your accounting of events totally agrees with mine up to the part where you claim Judgement got a new animation in 1.9. I am pretty sure that didn't happen.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Noradin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Gideon wrote:What did I start?

/uphillbothwaysinthesnow

Your accounting of events totally agrees with mine up to the part where you claim Judgement got a new animation in 1.9. I am pretty sure that didn't happen.

I'm sure it did. Its the one I remember best.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Gideon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 am

I'm fairly sure that for a short period we had the spark instead of the butterflies but did not yet have the skyhammer. It was a long time ago though, I could be wrong.
Gideon

Postby Arcand » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:59 am

My major problem with the skyhammer judgement graphic is that if the target
is moving on certain types of ground, such that its 'vertical' axis is
rotating, the skyhammer wriggles around to track it and it looks like a
sperm fertilizing an egg.

Yes, I know how ludicrous that sounds. I still think of it every time.
Arcand

Previous

Return to Cataclysm