Remove Advertisements

Herald Of The Titans

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Herald Of The Titans

Postby Donahu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 am

We're going to be going back and finishing up this achievement soon but alas, all my gear is gone!

Help me build a BiS list to go tank this :D. As a reminder, 226 for everything except weapon/shield/libram which are 232. I am thinking that 4pc Tier 8.5 is a sure-bet.

I doubt a PUG I'd be forming would be clearing to Yogg 25m for the shoulders so I'm aiming for four-piece without that. Hopefully not too many of the drops are very deep in either though I suppose I can get the 10m shoulders if I have to. This is what I've come up with so far.

Head - Conqueror's Aegis Faceguard
Neck - Mark of the Unyielding
Shoulders - Regal Aurous Shoulderplates
Cloak - Cloak of the Shadowed Sun
Chest - Conqueror's Aegis Breastplate
Bracers - Bracers of the Unholy Knight
Gloves - Conqueror's Aegis Handguards
Belt - Indestructible Plate Girdle
Legs - Conqueror's Aegis Legguards
Boots - Spiked Deathdealers
Ring1 - The Leviathan's Coil
Ring2 - Signet of Winter
Trinket1 - The Black Heart
Trinket2 - Bubbling Brightbrew Charm
Weapon - Ardent Guard
Shield - The Boreal Guard
Libram - Libram of the Sacred Shield

Due to the nature of the fight (lots of physical damage) should I be stacking Block Value from this outdated gear or armor or stamina? I still haven't really decided so the set is just "all around" but would be up for any suggestions on this one.
Last edited by Donahu on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Donahu

Re: Herald Of The Titans

Postby Donahu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:46 am

Also, though I doubt it, does anyone think there is any advantage to spec'ing specifically for this fight? I suspect it will be a bit of a challenge in this gear though. IE - Drop movement speed points because there really is little to no moving on this one, etc.
Donahu

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am

Donahu wrote:Also, though I doubt it, does anyone think there is any advantage to spec'ing specifically for this fight? I suspect it will be a bit of a challenge in this gear though. IE - Drop movement speed points because there really is little to no moving on this one, etc.

If you're tanking, you're darn right there's movement. (Assuming you're closing the black holes and/or have to run into a black hole if you're not the tank staying out.) Also, moving from cosmic smash.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:51 am

Block gear is big, armor is big, stamina is big.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:56 am

Only weapons/librams are allowed to be +226 ilvl (they can be ilvl 232), rest has to be 226 or below.
A fast look at the list shows your weapon of choice is in fact ilvl 245, from toc even, and is not allowed.
Would be helpful if you include links, dont know the names of everything and it would help others helping you do it easier.
Also the Ignis trinket earns a spot on the BiS list.

People have said some post toc implemented items might have screwd up the achievement for them, it might proove to be false, but should check it up so you dont loose your ach over it.
Treck

Postby Donahu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm not sure how to link on these forums >.> If someone were to post how to real quick....I'll change them all to links :D.

The ToC weapon I listed is the 232 from normal 10m ToC - Argent Guard ^^. I've read MANY MANY people posting about different things not being able to be worn in the fight but most of them have been nullified by others saying it did work for them. This list only has 232 shield/weapon which people have confirmed (so far).

As to the movement parts, yeah there is always going to be some movement but the room is fairly small and the closing of the holes won't be delayed but a second. I'll be taking all the Big Bangs (AD, DS, AD still works right?) so won't have to worry about skedaddling to a Void Zone.
Donahu

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Donahu wrote:I'll be taking all the Big Bangs (AD, DS, AD still works right?) so won't have to worry about skedaddling to a Void Zone.

DS doesnt work, big bang goes through immunity effects.
And id recommend DP, AS, DP rather than the other way around, but rather you save AD should it be needed at another time, if you got a priest with GS/PS to help you survive a big bang.
Also:

Titanium Rod=[ url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=41745]Titanium Rod[/url]
(without the space in the start.
Treck

Postby Donahu » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks for the tip on how to link ;). Updated them all ^^

Also, I *always* mix up DS and DP when naming them. I did mean the 50% damage reduction one which is DP :D. Sorry.
Donahu

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:22 pm

I strongly recommend being prepared to have your OT (or a shadow priest with dispersion) soak a big bang in the event of something going wrong. The fight was designed with that intention.

And, yeah, it's not a movement heavy fight for tanks. Yes, you will do some movement, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.
Belloc

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon