That Traitorous Bastard (Lore Spoiler)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

That Traitorous Bastard (Lore Spoiler)

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm

http://www.wow.com/2010/08/09/cataclysm ... -revealed/
So... the Archbishop is a Twilight's Hammer cultist?

That's a gut punch to us Alliance paladins and our priestly friends. Only thing worse than that would be to have Uther or Lothar raised as undead and made to serve as a thrall to the Forsaken or Twilight's Hammer.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Re: That Traitorous Bastard (Lore Spoiler)

Postby aranil » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Oh hey, one of the Belf are also a traitor....

*whispers* Is he new to the game?
aranil

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Baelor wrote:http://www.wow.com/2010/08/09/cataclysm-faction-traitors-revealed/
So... the Archbishop is a Twilight's Hammer cultist?

That's a gut punch to us Alliance paladins and our priestly friends. Only thing worse than that would be to have Uther or Lothar raised as undead and made to serve as a thrall to the Forsaken or Twilight's Hammer.

Man I still think he got set up or replaced, but if it's actually him I will be quite sad.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 pm

aranil wrote:Oh hey, one of the Belf are also a traitor....

Rommath's been in there since BC.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Chicken » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Rommath's the guy that brought M'uru to the Blood Elves. I'm not too surprised by his betrayal in that regard, pretty sure he was pretty damn loyal to Kael'thas and none too pleased by the fact that the Blood Elves of Silvermoon 'betrayed' Kael'thas.
Chicken

Postby aranil » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Chicken wrote:

Rommath's the guy that brought M'uru to the Blood Elves. I'm not too surprised by his betrayal in that regard, pretty sure he was pretty damn loyal to Kael'thas and none too pleased by the fact that the Blood Elves of Silvermoon 'betrayed' Kael'thas.

I was being sarcastic. Most of the belf leaders don't seem to be big players or even that important. I can see him being the betrayer as well.
aranil

Postby Baelor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 pm

aranil wrote:
Chicken wrote:

I was being sarcastic. Most of the belf leaders don't seem to be big players or even that important. I can see him being the betrayer as well.

Illidan Stormrage is "The Betrayer." THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

I don't play Horde, but I know when I saw Rommath's name I went "who?" Man, the leaders in Silvermoon just don't matter.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Dehn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm surprised that there isn't more succumbing to the temptation of destruction after all disasters that keep piling up on Azeroth.

I mean, if I had been my dwarf paladin, slaying all these evil threats for so long, I'd definitely had thought.. "It is futile to fight against chaos, its the natural state".. And considering the Burning Legion is a bit anti-dwarf in their recruitment schemes, the Twilight cultists looks like an attractive option.

A belfs betraying their allies isn't exactly newsworthy though, I mean its the race most famous for ditching allies in wow.
Dehn

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Dehn wrote:A belfs betraying their allies isn't exactly newsworthy though, I mean its the race most famous for ditching allies in wow.

zing
Sabindeus

Postby Arjuna » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Dehn wrote:A belfs betraying their allies isn't exactly newsworthy though, I mean its the race most famous for ditching allies in wow.

way I remembered it the humans betrayed the belfs...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Chunes » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:00 pm

WoWwiki wrote:Soon, the blood elves clashed with the Scourge and the Amani trolls, who were making inroads into former elven territory. The blood elves defended their homeland, and, eventually, having reestablished a degree of safety to their land and prevented their society from degenerating, Kael'thas left his homeland. He took a group of the strongest blood elf warriors and spell casters and joined the Alliance against the Scourge. They were eager to avenge themselves on the undead forces; however, bigotry prevented the human forces from seeing the aid the blood elves could bring to their fight. Due to those human prejudices, Kael'thas was forced to accept the assistance of the naga queen's servant, Lady Vashj, and the reptilian naga. When the humans discovered that the blood elves were working with the naga, they were imprisoned and sentenced to death by the racist human Grand Marshall Garithos (who had commanded the New Alliance). The blood elves who sided themselves with Kael'thas escaped with the aid of the naga, fled to Outland, and joined Illidan Stormrage's forces. This group of blood elves then helped defeat the demon Magtheridon and claimed his Black Citadel as their own.

Silly racist humans...
Chunes

Postby Kelaan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Man I still think he got set up or replaced, but if it's actually him I will be quite sad.

The sound bytes he says as he responds to Varian are pretty damning. :-D

Cliche'ed toady -> megalomaniac -> oh hey, I bet he drops phat loots.
Kelaan

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Man I still think he got set up or replaced, but if it's actually him I will be quite sad.

The sound bytes he says as he responds to Varian are pretty damning. :-D

Cliche'ed toady -> megalomaniac -> oh hey, I bet he drops phat loots.

Yeah but the sound bites don't actually sound like Benedictus.
Sabindeus

Postby sahiel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:34 pm

aranil wrote:Most of the belf leaders don't seem to be big players or even that important.

Quite, it's not like Lor'themar had anything to with saving Aveena, avatar of the Sunwell or anything >.>
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby aranil » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:58 pm

sahiel wrote:
aranil wrote:Most of the belf leaders don't seem to be big players or even that important.

Quite, it's not like Lor'themar had anything to with saving Aveena, avatar of the Sunwell or anything >.>

How many people actually saw that? When it was endgame, it was hard, and now people go in every once and a while. The lore around the sunwell has seemed very downplayed and not that important.

And its the belf leaders, I really can't feel anything for them, they aren't cool, or epic, or really anything. They seem like bit players in the greater theme of things.
aranil

Next

Return to Cataclysm