Remove Advertisements

[Warrior]Low-lvl tanking

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Warrior]Low-lvl tanking

Postby Levantine » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:08 am

If you don't need the hit the axe is a much better weapon, to be honest. It's got a higher average damage, delicious ArP and Axe Spec has a slight edge over Sword Spec in terms of dps.
Levantine

Postby amh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:10 am

Aright, cheers.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Jedah » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:21 am

I just want to take this opportunity to reiterate that sword spec vs. axe spec isn't as big of a difference as some people make it out to be. If your best sword is a tier higher (or more) than your best axe/polearm, and still has desirable stats, you should be using the sword.

Also, can I get an AMEN to Cataclysm for removing weapon spec??!!
Jedah

Postby Levantine » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:25 am

Weapon specs are dumb. Also I did say slight edge. Enough to push the axe ahead of the poorly itemised sword in this case, imo.
Levantine

Postby Jedah » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 am

Yeah Lev I wasn't trying to imply that you were wrong. I agree with you in this case, I just wanted to put the statement out there because there is a common misconception.
Jedah

Postby Maballsies » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:04 am

I R a bad tank in general, but I don't ever lose threat on my warrior (lvl 31, im the bbbbeest!) and I just spam tunderclap. It's kind of overpowered at low levels. Oh, and revenge when specced into it is unfairly OP for pvp. Just saying... lol
Good God can you still get us home?
We're forgetting our forgiveness
Maballsies

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Warrior tanking until outlands: Thunderclap-revenge-thunderclap-revenge-thunderclap-revenge-thunderclap. Maybe a cleave thrown in if you're feeling frisky.
Levantine

Postby econ21 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:20 am

I've started levelling a protection warrior and got to level 20. I want to level in that spec to learn how to fight in it; I am not worried if it is slower than fury or arms. It feels like I already have more abilities at level 20 than my pally does at 80, but following on from what Levantine says, I guess most are not that useful for tanking.

Specifically, when should I use sunder armor, rend and disarm? Sunder armor does not do damage, afaik, which puts me right off it but should I still get it to 5 stacks in instances for threat? Or only vs bosses for the sunder/threat?

Is rend ever worth using from a PvE damage protection warrior point of view? Or is it always better to use the rage on heroic strike or cleave?

Disarm sounds fun but should I only use it vs pre-Outland bosses with weapons or on CD versus any mobs with weapons?

Can I use both Battle Shout and Demoralising Shout at the same time or must I choose one? Is Demoralising Shout worth keeping up all the time? Or just in instances? Or just instance bosses?

I'm interested in PVE soloing and tanking (PVP can wait). I haven't tried tanking an instance yet, but it sounds like TC, revenge and cleave are my mainstays so far. I am just wondering what other abilities I should use before I get the staples of shield slam, shock wave and devastate.
econ21

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes