Remove Advertisements

Loremaster Addon

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Loremaster Addon

Postby sherck » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:31 am

Anyone have experience using the Loremaster addon?

I am going for Loremaster achievement on my main and downloaded questhelper yesterday but am not excited by it in that it does not help you find quests to do; it just tries to optimize the quests that you have in your log. It does not tell you that there is a guy over there just out of sight that has a quest that starts a 16 quest chain. Sure, I have low level quest turned on and all but I am hoping there is a better addon.

Any suggestions or comments?

Cheers,
sherck

Re: Loremaster Addon

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:42 am

I have been using Everyquest and Loremaster. Everyquest will tell you what quests you have done in the zone and Loremaster will tell you if it applies to loremaster or not in the quest text. It still requires looking up the quests on wowhead (or whatever you use) to find the quest givers and such. There was an Everyquest questgiver addon I tried, but it was mostly inaccurate for me so I got rid of it.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby hoho » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 am

sherck wrote:Anyone have experience using the Loremaster addon?
If you mean the addon with name "loremaster" then this addon will only display on each quest for what kind of loremaster achievement it counts (EK, Kalimdor, northerend, ...), if it doesn't count for any at all or no information.
sherck wrote:I am going for Loremaster achievement on my main and downloaded questhelper yesterday but am not excited by it in that it does not help you find quests to do;
Rightclick on the questhelper button on the map -> "show incomplete" or whatever the option was. Though only bad thing is it will show ALL quests, including class specific stuff.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby sherck » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:29 am

hoho wrote:
sherck wrote:I am going for Loremaster achievement on my main and downloaded questhelper yesterday but am not excited by it in that it does not help you find quests to do;
Rightclick on the questhelper button on the map -> "show incomplete" or whatever the option was. Though only bad thing is it will show ALL quests, including class specific stuff.

Ahhh, excellent. I had not found that option and will give it a try.

Overall, I am okay with questhelper but am concerned that once I start getting pretty close to the top number that I will be short of easy to find quests and have to spend a ton of time going back through zones to find the oneis and twois quest givers in the odd corners of the zones.

Thanks much.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby hoho » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:53 am

sherck wrote:Overall, I am okay with questhelper but am concerned that once I start getting pretty close to the top number that I will be short of easy to find quests and have to spend a ton of time going back through zones to find the oneis and twois quest givers in the odd corners of the zones.
You WILL be doing that. Imagine getting a quest in Kalimdor, getting to eastern plaguelands at the entrance to stratholme to turn it in and follow up asks you to get to inside dire maul. In there you get a quest asking you to farm ogres either in the same instance or, why not, LBRS. After that you need to go get a bunch of large brilliant shards and those soulbound thingys that worked like lifetap to turn in a quest to the same guy inside dire maul. I'm pretty sure after I turn it in I'd be sent back to the same guy near Stratholme.

You WILL be running around a lot when doing the last 30-ish quests :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Digren » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:20 am

I ended up with problems only for the last 10 quests or so in Kalimdor. I used QuestHelper's show incomplete feature, then browsed zone by zone, mousing over each quest. I looked each one up quickly on wowhead, identified it as class specific or not for loremaster, and was left with a short, easy list. I think I had to run around for an hour outdoors picking up a few easy odds and ends, one or two quick ports back to Eastern Kingdoms and back (easy as an engineer with lots of teleports), and then run two dungeons. Voila! Loremaster.
Digren

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 am

Digren wrote:I ended up with problems only for the last 10 quests or so in Kalimdor. I used QuestHelper's show incomplete feature, then browsed zone by zone, mousing over each quest. I looked each one up quickly on wowhead, identified it as class specific or not for loremaster, and was left with a short, easy list. I think I had to run around for an hour outdoors picking up a few easy odds and ends, one or two quick ports back to Eastern Kingdoms and back (easy as an engineer with lots of teleports), and then run two dungeons. Voila! Loremaster.

Easy transport from Kalimdor to the EK? Fly to any capital and take the portal to The Dark Portal.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros