Remove Advertisements

Yet another pally blog

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Yet another pally blog

Postby Chasey » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:18 am

I don't know if this is ok to do but if its not I guess it will be locked or removed.

A few days ago I started a blog. I noticed most of my fav's were going away. In fact lots are closing up shop. This doesn't mean there is more room for me but writing is something I like to do so I figured I'd give it a go.
I really was spirred on by Bara and his gear up for ICC thread and there are a few others around here I read daily (if updated)so please check it out and let me know what you think.
http://judging-chasey.blogspot.com/
Chasey

Re: Yet another pally blog

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Snot bad :)
and you are right, alot of the ones i read(read) have closed down or moved on.
Banana shoulders, ardent defender etal.
I guess thats why a sites like paladin schmaladin have kept on going - they are not just 1 blogger but a collection of them who have come and go over time.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Orthien » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Welcome to the world of blogging.

If you haven't yet you should head over to the Blog Azeroth forums have a read of their guides and introduce yourself its a great way to get your name out there as you blog will be read out on the next Twisted Nether Podcast epispode.
Orthien

Postby theckhd » Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 am

Bumping ancient history here, but it seemed like the most logical place to announce this.

Sacred Duty is a new paladin blog that's been up and running for the past two weeks or so. The authors are our very own Meloree, Anafielle (formerly of Righteous Defense, also a lurker here), and myself. The hope is to provide interesting commentary about our class, the progression raiding environment, and whatever else Mel and Ana decide to write about. And of course, since I'm involved, there will be theorycrafting topics (like today's post, which is the first in a series looking at what goes into designing a "good" rotation).

So please, stop by and take a look around, or add us to your RSS reader.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Thu May 19, 2011 9:30 am

well it looks like i am adding 2 new bookmarks when i get home!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby sahiel » Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 am

Most definitely added.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 am

theckhd wrote:Bumping ancient history here, but it seemed like the most logical place to announce this.

Sacred Duty is a new paladin blog that's been up and running for the past two weeks or so. The authors are our very own Meloree, Anafielle (formerly of Righteous Defense, also a lurker here), and myself. The hope is to provide interesting commentary about our class, the progression raiding environment, and whatever else Mel and Ana decide to write about. And of course, since I'm involved, there will be theorycrafting topics (like today's post, which is the first in a series looking at what goes into designing a "good" rotation).

So please, stop by and take a look around, or add us to your RSS reader.

man Meloree is verbose

I feel like we could use some sort of "links to other Paladin/Maintankadin user related websites/blogs" sticky. We still have a few of those to choose from, right? I admit to not being current.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 am

Figured I'd add mine (very new), it's in my sig but here's another link: http://thetankrepo.blogspot.com/

I try to keep my posts related to topics not frequently discussed elsewhere and try to avoid theorycrafting or gear heavy topics. Not because they're not good, they're just not my strength.

For example "The Art of Cooldown Mapping" or "Confidence and Deceit".
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Thu May 19, 2011 11:02 am

Sabindeus wrote:man Meloree is verbose

No.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu May 19, 2011 11:09 am

Meloree wrote:

No.

I see what you did there.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Arcand » Thu May 19, 2011 11:39 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Meloree wrote:

No.

I see what you did there.

"Post too long. 'I see' would have sufficed."

(There used to be an example on that page where a Spartan commander was tasked with capturing a town. Having done so, he sent a report: "[TownName] taken." His superior was vexed by his wordiness and sent back, "'Taken' would have sufficed." Now that example seems to be gone, causing my clever reference to fall on its face.)
Arcand

Postby Chasey » Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm just glad I'm in the same thread as these new blogs. The content that you get out of Tank Repo and Sacred Duty is amazing. Take a minute and check them out. The have really filled in nicely for the shrinking prot blogs that have disappeared lately.

Just a heads up, if you have never checked out blogging or its little sub community, go look and see what you are missing its really cool.
Chasey

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu May 19, 2011 10:16 pm

inthedrops wrote:I try to keep my posts related to topics not frequently discussed elsewhere and try to avoid theorycrafting or gear heavy topics. Not because they're not good, they're just not my strength.

I really liked the subject matter. Good stuff.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Brekkie » Fri May 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Arcand wrote:"Post too long. 'I see' would have sufficed."

(There used to be an example on that page where a Spartan commander was tasked with capturing a town. Having done so, he sent a report: "[TownName] taken." His superior was vexed by his wordiness and sent back, "'Taken' would have sufficed." Now that example seems to be gone, causing my clever reference to fall on its face.)

When Alexander the Great's father was conducting his conquest of Greece, after having captured all the Greek city-states except Sparta, he sent a message to the Spartans saying "Surrender, for if I win this war I will enslave you, destroy your farms, slay your men, and raze your city."
The Spartans sent back as their reply only one word, "If."

The Macedonians never invaded Sparta.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Maelsstrom » Fri May 20, 2011 7:25 pm

I just about peed my pants reading "Killing DPS for Fun and Profit".

Hooked.
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Next

Return to General