Netherspite with 1 tank

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tats » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:05 am

with weaving, i generally only have 1 person per beam, per phase.
Tats

Postby Bimmerman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:15 am

completely doable.

Have the ret pally sit in the red beam until his health comes down to 12k.. (he does have a shield right?) then have a healer step in for the last duration...

Undergeared tanks should never step in step out of the red beam. just sit there and have a healer intercept the beam. (hint** a priest can last 25 seconds in there without dying)
Bimmerman

Postby gwayne » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:02 am

Personally I jump in the red beam and then straight back out. Then wait for 5 stacks of the debuff to land on netherspite before I jump back in. After about another 5 stacks have landed on me the ones on netherspite will fade so I jump back out.

I do out gear the instance a bit now and he doesn't hit me a lot when I'm out of the beam. However this method means netherspite never has more than 5 stacks of the debuff (5% reduced damage). This makes the dps a lot easier and the fight shorter.

You shouldn't be recieving any healing in the red beam. If you are low on health jump back into the beam; it's just a fight where you have to look after your own healing.
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Gerilith » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 am

One day I stayed in the red beam all the time, used my pocket watch and went down to 1/1 HP where a shadow dmg tick killed me right when he switched to his ethereal phase.
It was fun, though I wouln't do this anymore since knowing about this trick for a while now.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Sharlos » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:53 pm

for the people who say to jump in and out of the beam, don't you get the nether exaustion debuff, preventing you from taking the beam again?
Sharlos

Postby guillex » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:15 pm

Sharlos wrote:for the people who say to jump in and out of the beam, don't you get the nether exaustion debuff, preventing you from taking the beam again?

It depends on how long you're out of the beam for/how many stacks you have on you.

You're generally standing in the beam for 2-3 stacks, then out for 2 on Netherspite. It's not long enough for the debuff to take effect.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Sharlos » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:47 pm

Guillex wrote:
Sharlos wrote:for the people who say to jump in and out of the beam, don't you get the nether exaustion debuff, preventing you from taking the beam again?

It depends on how long you're out of the beam for/how many stacks you have on you.

You're generally standing in the beam for 2-3 stacks, then out for 2 on Netherspite. It's not long enough for the debuff to take effect.

I see, thanks. We only attempted it one just to get a feel for it and me getting too many buffs on me was an issue, then when I tried to jump in/out of the buff I stayed out too long and got the debuff.

edit: does moving out of the beam drop aggro if i only jump out for a few stacks.
Sharlos

Postby guillex » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:58 pm

Sharlos wrote:
Guillex wrote:

I see, thanks. We only attempted it one just to get a feel for it and me getting too many buffs on me was an issue, then when I tried to jump in/out of the buff I stayed out too long and got the debuff.

edit: does moving out of the beam drop aggro if i only jump out for a few stacks.

No sir.

But you have to strafe. Use Q and E, unless you've rebound the keys. Watch the animation too, just to make sure that you're out. And watch his debuff stack, make sure it doesn't get over 2-3.

You can spend an entire phase solotanking him, then another tank can do it after the banish phase... Rotate it that way.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Scarzi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:57 am

warrior runs in and out of beam, just like you :)
Scarzi

Previous

Return to Karazhan