Odd tidyplates problem.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Odd tidyplates problem.

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:30 am

Some weeks ago my ex-guild convinced me to give a go to the Tidyplates + ThreatPlates combo. I found it very useful but on some chars i'm getting this odd problem: the graphic of the bar is inverted; what i mean is, normally the addon shows the bars of mobs targetting you as small green bars, and the bars of the mobs not targetting you as big red bars, but instead on some chars (specifically on a 55 druid and 80 dk) it does the opposite.
Anyone encountered this error and knows how to fix it? :o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Odd tidyplates problem.

Postby Chicken » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:56 am

By default it behaves based on your spec afaik. For tanks you get small bars for things targeting you, for other roles you get small bars for things not targeting you. You should be able to configure in the options on those characters whether they're seen as tanks or as dps, which should get you the proper behavior.
Chicken

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:10 am

Chicken wrote:For tanks you get small bars for things targeting you, for other roles you get small bars for things not targeting you.

This
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:11 pm

I know that <.<

What i'm saying is that on my DK (frost tank) and lowbie feral druid, it's doing the opposite. And they both are tank specced.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:40 pm

I dont know if the addon knows if your feral tank or feral dps.
But there should be an option to choose what role you want to have.
Treck

Postby amh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 am

I thought it was based on spec1 and spec2, regardless of their content.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 am

amh wrote:I thought it was based on spec1 and spec2, regardless of their content.
It does actually try to check your spec to determine how it should behave. It just doesn't work perfectly with Druids and Death Knights because they don't have a tree specifically dedicated to tanking and nothing else.
Chicken

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros