Remove Advertisements

Tankadin Question

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Tankadin Question

Postby TankHealadin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Xenix wrote:The warrior was not tanking for any of that report - you can see that the only melee-type attacks he took the entire night was one cleave and one parried melee (probably on a wipe). The other tank on the last attempt was Fartavious, another paladin.

You're right, sorry. The person who told me who was tanking last night told me wrong lol. (I don't have a clear memory of last night.... i just know smitten was a tank the whole time) So anyways, is there any advice I can give to these tanks on how to take less damage on this boss?? Would sacred shield on themselves make a big enough of a difference? And would frost gear help at all? Because once we hit phase 3 they started dieing and I took 10 stacks of the buffet 2 times in one attempt while trying to heal them.
TankHealadin

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:10 pm

TankHealadin wrote:
Xenix wrote:The warrior was not tanking for any of that report - you can see that the only melee-type attacks he took the entire night was one cleave and one parried melee (probably on a wipe). The other tank on the last attempt was Fartavious, another paladin.

You're right, sorry. The person who told me who was tanking last night told me wrong lol. (I don't have a clear memory of last night.... i just know smitten was a tank the whole time) So anyways, is there any advice I can give to these tanks on how to take less damage on this boss?? Would sacred shield on themselves make a big enough of a difference? And would frost gear help at all? Because once we hit phase 3 they started dieing and I took 10 stacks of the buffet 2 times in one attempt while trying to heal them.

You don't need frost res gear. But a piece or 2 can definitely help. Sacred shield shouldn't be that much of a difference, but if you're really struggling I suppose it might help.

I would try wearing a piece or 2 of frost res first (belt and ring for instance)
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Xenix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:43 pm

TankHealadin wrote:So anyways, is there any advice I can give to these tanks on how to take less damage on this boss?? Would sacred shield on themselves make a big enough of a difference? And would frost gear help at all? Because once we hit phase 3 they started dieing and I took 10 stacks of the buffet 2 times in one attempt while trying to heal them.

Aside from switching as fast as possible, the only thing they could do to help is not take a 40-60k blistering cold to the face if they don't have the health to handle it.

They should use a cooldown if they want to stay in for one, and otherwise run out (straight away from the head), then run back in as soon as it goes off. As a warrior, you can charge in with little chance of her moving. With a paladin, you might have to have the next person who taunts re-position her depending on how you do the fight.
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Xenix wrote:
TankHealadin wrote:So anyways, is there any advice I can give to these tanks on how to take less damage on this boss?? Would sacred shield on themselves make a big enough of a difference? And would frost gear help at all? Because once we hit phase 3 they started dieing and I took 10 stacks of the buffet 2 times in one attempt while trying to heal them.

Aside from switching as fast as possible, the only thing they could do to help is not take a 40-60k blistering cold to the face if they don't have the health to handle it.

They should use a cooldown if they want to stay in for one, and otherwise run out (straight away from the head), then run back in as soon as it goes off. As a warrior, you can charge in with little chance of her moving. With a paladin, you might have to have the next person who taunts re-position her depending on how you do the fight.

Sindragosa's Flawless Fang is brilliant for this, as it will be up for every Blistering Cold.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:57 am

TankHealadin wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I think I know why tanks are dying now.

Bad Heals im guessing your gonna say?

Well the obvious joke was that healers don't seem to actually know who the tanks are.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby TankHealadin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:59 am

Nikachelle wrote:
TankHealadin wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I think I know why tanks are dying now.

Bad Heals im guessing your gonna say?

Well the obvious joke was that healers don't seem to actually know who the tanks are.

I'm sorry that I don't have a guild that has two main tanks set atm, every raid we are changing tanks, all I know is that they are always in group 1 and have over 60k HP. It isn't rocket science to figure it out, I just have too much going on at the moment to remember who tanked our 20 attempts on Sindy.
TankHealadin

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents