Holy Shield Holy Power & You

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Holy Shield Holy Power & You

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:37 am

A bar? For something that takes integer values between 0 and 3?

/boggle

Oh well, I'm sure pitbull will let me use the combo point indicators for it.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:01 am

I imagine it'll be more like the "bar" that warlocks got for Soul Shards. But I'll still want to have it set up to be very obvious if I have 3 HP.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Solitatis » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:36 am

As I see it the only time you really have to worry about the extra 15% block from HS is on hard progression fights. Rest of the time it is there as extra threat, or healing.

Over all i think healers will heal for LESS if we use it to heal our selves when we have 3 stacks.

This ability is flawed. IMO what they should to is make 15% baseline, and have HS add to the amout blocked, but oh wait, dont we already have an ability like that?

I dont see where they are going with this, but as it is looking right now, that extra 15% block wont be anything that I will be keeping up in my rotation, ill just let the healers heal a bit more, unless it is a algalon-style encounter with boss hitting every 1.0 sec, and save my holy power at 3 stacks for a) more aggro on pulls (wich I cant coz i need stacks for it to work) b) self healing free CD for when a boss does a big hit on me. (mini LoH every 15 sec)
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby Sharlos » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 am

PsiVen wrote:I imagine it'll be more like the "bar" that warlocks got for Soul Shards. But I'll still want to have it set up to be very obvious if I have 3 HP.

I think I'll probably be getting a mod that has some sort of sound effect once I hit 3 HP or something like that.
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby steadypal » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 am

beta getting 60% br per application of holy power according to toon screen and buff tooltip atm
steadypal

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

steadypal wrote:beta getting 60% br per application of holy power according to toon screen and buff tooltip atm

I also got that 60% until I zoned into a dungeon, then I ended up with 1% at 3 HP stacks by the character pane and tooltip.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Chicken » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:55 pm

I'm expecting an upcoming patch note that reads "Holy Shield now properly increases your block chance by 5/10/15%, instead of increasing your block rating by 5/10/15" or something equally silly.
Chicken

Postby Candiru » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Having our HP generation tied to an ability which can miss/dodge/parry and in WOTLK where hit cap will increase in each tier of content is retarded... To keep 3 point HS up at all times requires 100% of your CS to hit.

By the end of WOTLK if we aren't wearing full hit/expertise gear we are going to be getting hardly any HP, certainly not enough to keep up 15%HS. Maybe enough to keep up inquisition though.

How about change HolyShield to be passive, but grants us 5% block per HoPower we have currently. That way we don't need to worry about CS missing other than the start of the fight, as once we have 3 stacks of HolyPower we will have 15% block until we use Word of Glory or Inquisition. Then we have to CS to get to 3 stacks again. I think that would work much better than the current system.
Candiru

Previous

Return to Cataclysm