Remove Advertisements

ICC Stats needed for 10 man

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

ICC Stats needed for 10 man

Postby Fazon » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 am

Hi,

It's my first post here so please be nice! /cower

I'm sure the info I'm after has already been posted somewhere but I've been looking for 10 mins and I can't find it.

I'm currently gearing up my tank for ICC 10 and I want to know what my min stats should be.

Obviously def capped, and hit capped if poss. What about health. A guildmate told me I need 43k unbuffed. These seems a hell of a lot for 10 man?!

Also I should add I'm at work and many sites are blocked so if any info in a reply could please be cut and paste rather than linked too that would be ace.

Thanks! /cower off
Fazon

Re: ICC Stats needed for 10 man

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 am

You only NEED about 33-35k unbuffed. Especially with the ICC buff in place.

However, if you are pugging raids, there is pretty much no way someone will take you with that little amount of health. I do it on my DK with that much health (~35k) (pre buff), but that with my guild and not with pugs.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 am

Fazon wrote:Obviously def capped, and hit capped if poss.

No. You'll have to sacrifice survival stats to get hit capped (or close to it) and it's not needed anyway.
Epimer

Postby hoho » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:56 am

Back when buff was at 5% my warrior did marrowgar at around 31-32k unbuffed and it never felt like I was near death. I would assume you can do it even lower than that today but as your avoidance will be horrible due to low gear I would think you can force a few healers OOM :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:19 am

Fazon wrote:Hi,

It's my first post here so please be nice! /cower

I'm sure the info I'm after has already been posted somewhere but I've been looking for 10 mins and I can't find it.

I'm currently gearing up my tank for ICC 10 and I want to know what my min stats should be.

Obviously def capped, and hit capped if poss. What about health. A guildmate told me I need 43k unbuffed. These seems a hell of a lot for 10 man?!

Also I should add I'm at work and many sites are blocked so if any info in a reply could please be cut and paste rather than linked too that would be ace.

Thanks! /cower off

If it is a guild run and you have average players then 32k unbuffed health with the current buff in place is sufficient for the 1st wing at least. If it is for a PuG, then gearscore and requiring an achievement is a bigger hurdle than actual health.

Either way you really don't need to be hit capped.

Minimum Def 540 [536 with the shoulder enchant from PvP] is a must as is a good knowledge of the fights [for this I advise watching the tankspot videos over and over] but other than that you should be good to go with 32k health unbuffed.

I cannot stress how important knowing the fights is. It will give you an edge over other tanks who won't put the hard work in.

If you have any further questions please don't be scared to ask them [after checking the stickies to see if your question has already been covered].

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby yappo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Around 35k ub health if you're NOT sporting two stamina trinkets is enough. Around 38k (still with one armour-trinket) should make you more or less unkillable for most anything there. By unkillable I mean never dying before the raid has wiped anyway unless you're doing something exceptionally stupid, like getting to ten stacks on Festergut.
yappo

Postby econ21 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Fazon wrote: A guildmate told me I need 43k unbuffed. These seems a hell of a lot for 10 man?!

43k unbuffed seems ridiculous to me. It seems an example of the current mentality of setting such high gear requirements that anyone meeting them does not really need to tank the instance at all. A palatank with 43k HP probably does not need much from ICC10. I have 44k and have got all the frost badge tank gear there is - I only need a few elusive drops from ICC10N. I can understand it - from a selfish point of view - with PUGS. But your guild should be trying to gear you up and getting you into ICC while 251 gear is still an upgrade to you makes sense.
econ21

Postby Tats » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 am

It blows my mind when dipshits tell you that you need 40k unbuffed to do icc10. I guess they don't realize that people were doing icc10, with no buff, with 30k.
Tats

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice