Remove Advertisements

Ask a beta tester thread

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Huon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:49 am

Hey guys,

I've noticed a lot of threads in the forum that could use confirmation from beta. I find myself extremely lucky to have access to Beta and as such, I would like to give back to those who don't have that chance. This Thread will be for people who want to ask simple questions that are testable on the beta servers, and then I (or anyone that can)can answer,with proof if needed (Screenshot, video, etc). I will also add random facts and observations that change every build, in no particular order of importance.

So ask away !

Build 12857 [url]Thoughts[/url]
-Glyph of Holy Wrath changed to "now also stuns elementals and dragonkin".
-Glyph of Avenger's shield is now 30% extra damage only.
-Glyph of Seal of truth(vengeance) changed to 50% less mana cost (aka no more free 10 expertise.)
-Glyph of lay on hand is now 2 min less.
-Sacred duty is now "50% chance to make your next Shield of Righteousness a critical". (was that there before? 0.o)
-More to come, in a few...

Build 12803 [url]Thoughts[/url]
-Hammer of the Righteous got its famous "CLING" sound back.
-We are broken again, I am not able to use my HoPo...
-Combat text still broken...
-No apparent change in rotation/abilities.
-The only upside is that there is music in Vashj'ir now ! EDIT: in SW too, OMG ITS SOOOO GOOD, no lie.
-Crusader aura is bugged. When I use it, I seem to go 200% faster instead of 20%. its INSANE.

Build 12759 [url]Thoughts[/url]
-Avenger's shield is now 15 sec CD (with talent)
-Avenger's shield damage is down by a lot (5k)
-Avenger's shield is now also an interupt.
-New graphical display for holy power. (see this screenshot)
-Crusader strike deals more damage with a tanking spec (up to 780 ish, from 500 ish last build)
-Armor specs are in.
-Mastery is in.
-At level 82 with 264 gear all around, my dodge is 11.74%, my parry is 11.50% and my block is 21% without HS up.
-Librams don't do anything special anymore, rather they are stat books with a socket. (boooo)
-Hammer of the righteous is totally different now. Its an cone aoe that gives a holy power charge.
-CS and Hammer share cooldown.
-Hand of reckoning no longer deals damage.

Build 12694 Thoughts
-You can STILL get dazed, even with 3/3 Sanctuary.
-Holy shock is no longer available for protection.
-Avenger's shield now works as intended (Silence for 3 sec but no snare)
-Avenger's shield is our best attack (7-8k normal hit, 15-16k crits, that's NOT including 20% and 30% extra damage from Wings and inquisition, respectively.
-Divine plea is completely useless.
-Mana regen is retardedly high; I can spam holy lights on me and I stay at full mana.
-Consecration now lasts 10 seconds and has a 30 second cooldown, feels kinda weird at first.
-Talents are bugged and reset when you try and learn them, thus, I cannot test holy shield and SHoR.
-Trainers are still bugged, thus I cannot test inquisition.
-Inquisition still mentions that it is exclusive with Holy shield, meaning you have to choose between (HS+SHoR) vs (Inquisition)[..?]

Build 12604 Thoughts
-You can still get dazed, even with 3/3 Sanctuary (see This screenshot)
-Holy shock is currently available to all specs, not just holy.
-Ardent Defender is usable at any health %, but it still on the GCD.
-Avenger's shield still dazes, but does not silence. (Silence talent removed but isn't baked into the ability yet)
-Judgment of the wise has been implemented for prot, making Divine plea basically useless. (see This screenshot)
-Holy power is implemented, stacks to 3, and appears as a buff.(see This screenshot)
-Consecration lasts 45 seconds with talents, appears under your character frame on the UI (see This screenshot). Applying a Second Consecration removes the first.
-Word of Glory seems to have limited use for protection, healing only for ~4400 with 3 stacks of Holy power. (see This screenshot)
-Word of Glory is no longer spammable at no Holy power cost. (boo :roll: )
-Hand of Reckoning seems to proc Seal of the Righteous, for some reason. (see This screenshot)
-Vindication seems to be 100% very high chance. Consecration, Crusader Strike and hand of Reckoning do not seem to proc it.
-Clicking the Consecration UI element seems to only remove the visual effect, the damage area remains.
-Consecration ticks can crit,and seems to be affected by haste. (hard to tell, basic UI timestamp only goes to seconds, not ms)
-Holy shield is currently bugged, each stack of HoPo gives 0.5% block chance, and tooltip isn't accurate either. (see This screenshot)
Last edited by Huon on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Huon

Re: Ask a beta tester thread

Postby Huon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 am

Saved, in case :roll:
Huon

Build 12604 thoughts

Postby Huon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Build 12604 feedback

This build and the last (2 days prior) has been very interesting in that it introduced the Holy power system. I have to admit that I really do like the added complexity. Having to juggle uses for your Holy power is great, but I wish there were more options. In the current implementation, you basically only have enough HoPo to keep Holy shield up (not that you have anything else to do with the HoPo, inquisition is exclusive with HS and Word of Glory is kinda weak atm). I hope that in the next few builds, they will remove the exclusivity of HS/Inquisition, and balance us around keeping Inquisition up, as well as adding a few abilities that consume HoPo. On that note, I have noticed that MMO patch notes said "Templar's Verdict is now a primary skill of Retribution." (Divine storm is going back into the talent tree). Sadly,THIS kind of ability would makes HoPo fun and interactive for prot. They could/should add things like "Hammer of Justice uses HoPo (2 second per HoPo) etc. or make Templar's Verdict baseline for all specs. They need SOMETHING to allow us to dump our HoPo.

Lastly, I am still undecided on the removal of Shield of Righteousness. Its too early to see if it will be a bad move or not. We need to wait and see what other changes come into play to compensate for that change.
Huon

Postby Archeth » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:07 pm

With all the itemization changes they discussed ages ago, did they actually rework old gear that still has obsolete stats like defense or ArP, but also specific AP yet? And if yes, what did they replace the old stats with?
Archeth

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Archeth wrote:With all the itemization changes they discussed ages ago, did they actually rework old gear that still has obsolete stats like defense or ArP, but also specific AP yet? And if yes, what did they replace the old stats with?

You can check this with WoWhead's cataclysm page. Just navigate to the item you want to see and then click the Cataclysm link up in the top left corner to see the changes. An example would be the t9 helmet had it's defense changed to parry.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Archeth » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Archeth wrote:With all the itemization changes they discussed ages ago, did they actually rework old gear that still has obsolete stats like defense or ArP, but also specific AP yet? And if yes, what did they replace the old stats with?

You can check this with WoWhead's cataclysm page. Just navigate to the item you want to see and then click the Cataclysm link up in the top left corner to see the changes. An example would be the t9 helmet had it's defense changed to parry.

I feel stupid for asking now - this should totally have occured to me :oops:
Archeth

Postby Chicken » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Sorta odd question but as I don't have beta access myself (And am also absolutely certain I won't be getting beta access as I don't currently have an active WoW account), but would it be possible for you to re-post some feedback I posted elsewhere on the beta forums? While I know Blizzard does read various unofficial forums for feedback, they're two important pieces of feedback which I've not seen any posting about as of yet.

My posts in question can be found here and here. (I also posted comparable posts here on maintankadin if you look around a bit, but the ones on EJ are a bit better phrased)

Sorry about having to ask in this way, as crossposting and such isn't something I'm normally in favor of. and I'm kinda worried this'll turn into a "omg post my feedback plx" rush, but I do feel these are important pieces of feedback.
Chicken

Postby Huon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Chicken wrote:Sorta odd question but as I don't have beta access myself (And am also absolutely certain I won't be getting beta access as I don't currently have an active WoW account), but would it be possible for you to re-post some feedback I posted elsewhere on the beta forums? While I know Blizzard does read various unofficial forums for feedback, they're two important pieces of feedback which I've not seen any posting about as of yet.

My posts in question can be found here and here. (I also posted comparable posts here on maintankadin if you look around a bit, but the ones on EJ are a bit better phrased)

Sorry about having to ask in this way, as crossposting and such isn't something I'm normally in favor of. and I'm kinda worried this'll turn into a "omg post my feedback plx" rush, but I do feel these are important pieces of feedback.

I posted your First link, as I agreed with everything in that text. But from now on, I won't be posting anyone's opinions just because I wouldn't necessarily agree, and because everyone will start asking :P

Here's a SS of your post in the class forum, paladin changes thread.
Huon

Postby Chicken » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Chicken

Postby milali » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:00 pm

with all these changes, is pally still fun?

I really enjoyed predictable rotations...

are we going to be like warriors and just spamming whatever it up?

The irony of them saying war's are too much like pallies, yet in the current iteration of cata, warriors have consecrate and we both just spam whatever isn't on cooldown (with priority order)

So what's a pally like now?
milali

Postby Zobel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:24 am

As a race, are forsaken able to procreate?
Zobel

Postby Chunes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:57 am

Huon, consider using imgur.com to host your images as it tends to load much faster and be cluttered with much fewer adds than the usual image hosting sites.

Thanks for your effort on behalf of all of us poor slobs w/ no beta access.
Chunes

Postby Huon » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 pm

milali wrote:with all these changes, is pally still fun?

I really enjoyed predictable rotations...

are we going to be like warriors and just spamming whatever it up?

The irony of them saying war's are too much like pallies, yet in the current iteration of cata, warriors have consecrate and we both just spam whatever isn't on cooldown (with priority order)

So what's a pally like now?

I was REALLY enjoying the state of the paladin 2 builds ago. You had tons of abilities and had to pick the best for each GCD. If you say that you enjoyed predictable rotation, then you may have been disappointed then :roll:

For the current build, Its kinda awkward to tank without Shield of Righteousness. It feels more like the current live gameplay, with added annoyance of having to generate HoPo for the sole purpose of spamming Holy shield and replacing Shield of Righteousness spam by Crusader strike spam.

My current action bar has : Judgement, CS, Hammer, those are the "spam". You complete your actions with Consecration when you feel you need it, and Holy Wrath when its off CD to keep vindication on mobs.

I have holy shock but I don't want to use it, since it SHOULDN'T be available for protection.

I am very anxious to see how they change it. Right now its pretty bleh. :?

Chunes wrote:Huon, consider using imgur.com to host your images as it tends to load much faster and be cluttered with much fewer adds than the usual image hosting sites.

Thanks for your effort on behalf of all of us poor slobs w/ no beta access.

I'll try it next build, I don't really care, as long as pics get shown :lol: , thanks.
Huon

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Zobel wrote:As a race, are forsaken able to procreate?

No, the vital parts of the race are missing.

They haven't yet figured out you can't cannibalize the toddlers.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Arianne » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:29 pm

What does Holy Wrath scaling look like? Is HW HoPo use implemented? Do you find it interesting game play to use HW on cooldown? Does Vindication still get applied by other attacks?
Arianne

Next

Return to Cataclysm