31 Point Talent Calc Updated 7/20/2010

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 31 Point Talent Calc Updated 7/20/2010

Postby Ludiaro » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Arincia wrote:(...)
2 point talent for CS to have its CD reduced by 4 seconds, 1 handed weapon only, causes 25% additional weapon damage as holy damage

SOR have no CD and SoR will do damage/effect based on the amount of HP (cant be use with 0 HP)
1 HP X amount of holy damage and 1% damage reduction for 3 seconds
2 HP 50% more the normal and 2% damage reduction for 4 seconds damage of 1HP
3 HP you hit the opponent for twice as much as 1HP and gain 3% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

HoR 8 sec CD requires HP to use (again 0 HP= cant use)
100% weapon damage 8 sec cooldown.
1 HP 60% additional weapon damage
2 HP hit 2 additional targets
3 HP Reduce the cooldown by 50%.

Really like the idea of ShoR scaling with HP. They could make use of GbtL and make those 3% reduction a talent for ShoR. Also like the CS talent that would go on Grand Crusader, about time we get a devaste, and therefore more sue of HP on other abilities like ShoR instead of just Holy Shield.

HoR scaling with HP i'm not that sure i like it. The idea of wanting HoR or ShoR in a determined situation would be AoE vs. Single target, but HoR should be also useful in single target. This would work better if both had Cd's so that you would be weaving between the 2 of these abilities along with judgement and Holy Wrath.
That would, without a doubt, make things a lot more interesting for me while tanking.

Arincia wrote:Divine plea 25% mana regeneration and 5 HP over the next 15 seconds one minute cooldown.

Avengers Shield
1 HP Interrupts for 2 seconds instead of silences
2 HP Reduce its cooldown to 8 seconds
3 HP Hits not additional targets but twice as much damage

I'm fairly sure none of these would get implemented but something like this at least creates a interactive tanking style that is different from warrior/bear/dk.

Divine Plea seems unnecessary. Spammable CS would be enough to generate HP, but if they add another HP generator would prefer it would be based on Block attacks, like someone already suggested, so that it would free up some GC's.

Avenger's shield just seems a cheesed way to have the glyph without really having it. Can't see it very useful.

~Conclusion: YAY on those ideas for ShoR/HoR+CS/Block HP generator, that's what i would like to see in the future beta builds.

PS: Warriors "stole" Holy shield damaging effect and still get it passive while we work for it. Just in response to those posts. :)
Ludiaro

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 am

Ludiaro wrote:PS: Warriors "stole" Holy shield damaging effect and still get it passive while we work for it. Just in response to those posts. :)

When did they remove Retribution Aura?

Also...Crusader Strike is more iconic to Paladins than Shield of Righteousness ever was.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Rojhaz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 am

Flex wrote:
Ludiaro wrote:PS: Warriors "stole" Holy shield damaging effect and still get it passive while we work for it. Just in response to those posts. :)

When WotLK came out - Damage Shield.
Rojhaz

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

Rojhaz wrote:
Flex wrote:

When WotLK came out - Damage Shield.

o'rly
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 am

Flex wrote:o'rly

orly's Irish cousin?
Chunes

Postby Ludiaro » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Flex wrote:

Also...Crusader Strike is more iconic to Paladins than Shield of Righteousness ever was.

Has nothing to do with Retri aura. It's DAMAGE ON BLOCKING that i'm talking about, anyway.
As much it can be paladin iconic, Shield slamming abilities are iconic to shield tanks, and paladin tanks have grown very emotional towards ShoR. They could simply add some HoPo dump effect to it, and that would make us different from warriors. That's the issue, not that CS»ShoR.
Ludiaro

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Ludiaro wrote:Has nothing to do with Retri aura. It's DAMAGE ON BLOCKING that i'm talking about, anyway

But Damage Shield it is more than damage on block it is also from damage taken...almost exactly like Retribution Aura and on top of that we deal damage with Holy Shield. So, unlike what you said, we do not have to put any effort into reflecting damage back.
Flex

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Xenix wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:i would, no joke, choke a bitch if they took my Shield Slam away

We have temporarily disabled Shield of Righteousness.

Bitches better prepare to get choked it seems. :mrgreen:

I'm not worried about Sab, I'd choke him right back.

Oh wait...

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:17 pm

>:|
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Chunes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Sabindeus wrote:>:|

ಠ_ಠ
Chunes

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Oh, I have much love for you, is why I tend to try and keep thread derailments to a minimum.

I might not always succeed, but at least I try! :mrgreen:

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:41 pm

So now we have AD with is 20% reduction, 3 minute cd and the GS effect or whatever it does.
Barksin eh sorry Divine Protection 1 minute cd 10 seconds
Guardian of ancient kings as our big cd?

Holy shield as a block chance enhancer?

Loh hoho
hm the holy power heal
Dantriges

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Amirya wrote:

Oh, I have much love for you, is why I tend to try and keep thread derailments to a minimum.

>:/
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Amirya wrote:

>:/

Can youuuuuuuuu feel the loooooooooooove tonight!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Can youuuuuuuuu feel the loooooooooooove tonight!

Get it out of my head! >=O
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm