LK-10 spec

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

LK-10 spec

Postby Tankforyou » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Hello,

My guild is on LK-10 and we are very close to getting him down. My guild allows me to have two protection specs and i'm trying to get a good spec for LK

I saw Theck's excellent article on a LK-25 hard mode spec and considered that. What I'm trying to do is:

1) Go 1/2 in improved hammer for a 40 sec cooldown. That way I'll have a stun at each valkyar spawn in phase 2.
2) Keep good threat. Tank boss and adds phase 1, except for big adds.
3) I try and keep DG/DS (raidwall) if possible.
4) Am considering using glyph of salv for additional cooldown. We usually do not have the tanks taunt off each other until AD procs, and some attempts it doesn't

My spec:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Tankforyou

My second spec has 1/2 hammer, but no "raidwall" I trying this out of LK. I use Seal of Command phase one and then switch to Seal of Vengence. The threat / damage with this is very good against the addds in phase 1

My first spec has raid wall, but no 1/2 hammmer. This is my usually spec for ICC. I can glyph this with Hand of salvation and have been debating that.

Should I respec?

Thanks and my regards
Tankforyou

Re: LK-10 spec

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:35 pm

I dropped a point out of crusade to pick up Imp HoJ.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby theckhd » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:13 am

It really depends on the roles you need to play. Moving 1 or 2 points from Crusade into Imp. HoJ is the simplest change, and lets you take care of stunning every Valk spawn (good if you don't trust your other raid members). You can go to further lengths to pick up AM for Infests, but at the current buff level that's not really necessary.

My 10-man hard-mode spec is just a 55/16 where I've picked up 2/2 Imp. HoJ. I don't always have a hunter, so I usually have to cover the Enrages/Frenzies myself with Holy Wrath, HoJ, trinkets, and cooldowns.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shoju » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:58 pm

For all of my work on LK10, I have kept my crusade spec, and simply changed out the Glyph of Salvation for the Glyph of Holy Wrath.

Why:

In p1, I'm tanking the big guys. Salv gives me a cooldown, Holy wrath Stuns them.
In P2, I have been tanking LK with no tank transition as my co tank on my attempts is a warrior with far more stuns than myself.
Holy Wrath can be used to stun valks as well, and I have used it to do so before.
Shoju

Postby Tankforyou » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Thank you for all the responses...
Tankforyou

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Shoju wrote:For all of my work on LK10, I have kept my crusade spec, and simply changed out the Glyph of Salvation for the Glyph of Holy Wrath.

Why:

In p1, I'm tanking the big guys. Salv gives me a cooldown, Holy wrath Stuns them.
In P2, I have been tanking LK with no tank transition as my co tank on my attempts is a warrior with far more stuns than myself.
Holy Wrath can be used to stun valks as well, and I have used it to do so before.

Holy Wrath is a bad choice as the first stun though. Since it only lasts 3 seconds where others last 6 or even more. Using Holy Wrath cuts the duration of those other stuns in half due to diminishing returns.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:
Shoju wrote:For all of my work on LK10, I have kept my crusade spec, and simply changed out the Glyph of Salvation for the Glyph of Holy Wrath.

Why:

Holy Wrath is a bad choice as the first stun though. Since it only lasts 3 seconds where others last 6 or even more. Using Holy Wrath cuts the duration of those other stuns in half due to diminishing returns.

While you're 100% correct. I don't think most guilds have problems killing the single Valk on 10 man. As long as it's slowed, efficient stuns aren't that critical on 10.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Arizara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 am

never forget an avenger shield is a good slow on them too.

of course this isn't offtankadin.com, but i find that even though the warrior gets hit harder by LK, we're the only class that has active damage "stealing" abilities perfect for soul reaper (since apparently warriors decided safeguard was bad at some point)
Arizara

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

I never said I would use Holy Wrath as the first stun on the valk, just that I have used it, and in a couple of cases, I have used it twice on the same valk, but that was more out of desperation than good practice.
Shoju

Return to Basic Training & Talents