Quick AD question...

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Quick AD question...

Postby Marklevin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 am

theckhd wrote:Do you have the pertinent line from the combat log mark? I know I was logging, but not live-logging. So if need be I can upload the combat log to WoL when I get home and we can take a look.

No I'm missing the log, so if you could upload that tonight that'd be great. Post the link here or mention it to Astrum or Ellie and I'll dig through it this evening.
Personally, I think ToC had the hardest trash in the game. Wait... what do you mean? Those were bosses!? Lies.
Marklevin

Postby theckhd » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Here's the log. I don't remember which attempt it was - my guess is #7, which is when Rangors died early. But there are 9 wipes there to choose from.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Marklevin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 pm

I can't find an attempt where AD happened and I didn't die on World of Logs, and I *know* that happened, so I'm going to do some personal tests tonight with various specs
Personally, I think ToC had the hardest trash in the game. Wait... what do you mean? Those were bosses!? Lies.
Marklevin

Postby Marklevin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Okay just did some fairly extensive testing, nothing going, with no buffs at all I got an average of a 29.874% heal, with just the 6% healing bonus from having an aura I got an average of 29.608% heal (which fell within the variation range I was getting anyway. And after seeing those numbers, I decided to head into ICC to get the best possible scenario lined up, and came out with a 29.632% heal, then called it from there because if there was going to be any sort of boost it would have been from ICC's buff. Makes me sad, here I thought I'd discovered something important :(

EDIT: I'd sure like to know why in the hell there is variation in the amount healed though
Marklevin

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 am

Marklevin wrote:EDIT: I'd sure like to know why in the hell there is variation in the amount healed though

As far as I know, when you die, the talent doesn't let you go to 0% and then heals you back to 30%. It just absorbs the hit and heals you back to 30%.

So unless you were at exactly 0 hp before you died (impossible of course) you won't ever get the full 30% heal in your log.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby hoho » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:18 am

I'm almost certain that AD doesn't absorb the whole hit but just the amount that would otherwise be overkill. E.g if you have 100k max health and you are at 10k with boss hitting you for 50k then you'd see 10k hit, 40k absorb and AD heal for 30k. I ignore the AD damage reduction here.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Flex wrote:From how I understand the proc to work it functions as follows:

If an attack would kill you Ardent Defender completely absorbs that attack and procs the heal portion if applicable. The heal will then heal you for the difference between 30% of your health and the health you had when the killing blow landed. So If you have 100 health and you were at 10 health it would look like:

Boss melees You 11 Absorb
Your Ardent Defender Heals you for 20
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations