For ICC - Anticipation or Divinity?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

For ICC - Anticipation or Divinity?

Postby branwell » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Given the Dodge kill in ICC........

With a build specifically for ICC, would points be better allocated to Divinity than Anticipation if you had to choose between them?

Thanks.
Epicdwarf ( Grizzly Hills )
branwell

Re: For ICC - Anticipation or Divinity?

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:06 am

branwell wrote:Given the Dodge kill in ICC........

With a build specifically for ICC, would points be better allocated to Divinity than Anticipation if you had to choose between them?

Thanks.

No.

ICC might reduce your dodge by 20%, but that doesn't mean that dodge suddenly becomes useless. It's still very effective at reducing incoming damage and 5% for free that are not subject to diminishing returns is too good to pass up.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby hoho » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 am

It would be viable if your dodge rating with full buffs and talents is 20% or lower but I find it hard to believe anyone can manage to make a decent gearset for ICC that had it that way.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 am

hoho wrote:It would be viable if your dodge rating with full buffs and talents is 20% or lower but I find it hard to believe anyone can manage to make a decent gearset for ICC that had it that way.

If that is your case (<20% fully buffed outside of ICC) then you should most likely go get yourself some +180ilvl gear parts.
Since the topic was about taking anticipation or divinity, id say both. Skip some points in divine strenght instead imo.
Divinity is an awesome talent imo, sadly you need 5 points for it.
A "fresh" tank, just gearing up for ICC should have about 20% dodge, even before taking Anticipation. Thus bumbing you above the 20% border, making more dodge preferable.
More survivability is always preferable, dodge and Divinity both fit in there, Strength in the same respect, does not (while it might be true that if the boss dies faster, your survivability is "higher")

Divinity is a great talent, doesnt mean more dodge isnt bad.
More dodge might make you "spiky" to heal but considering the 25% reduction to avoidance, you wont be reaching that point that its a problem, ever.
Treck

Postby Arizara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:23 am

i disagree with losing strength for divinity. threat already scales poorly with the buff. if you're in the gear that you are ~20% dodge, you won't be doing heroic, so trust your heals and use your CDs. if you drop your threat more, you better have the taunt glyph...
Arizara

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 am

Arizara wrote:i disagree with losing strength for divinity. threat already scales poorly with the buff. if you're in the gear that you are ~20% dodge, you won't be doing heroic, so trust your heals and use your CDs. If you drop your threat more, you better have the taunt glyph...

If your around 20% dodge you should not step into ICC in the first place, no pug would take a tank with 3k gs anyway.
Threat doesnt scale poorly with the buff, and if your that poorly geared that you wont be doing any Heroics, then odds are your dpsers are not going to be riding you on threat that much anyway.
90% of the times someone is close on threat, its also only a single person who is close, and if it becomes a problem, salvation works very well (most classes can spend a GCD to reduce it enough to never make it a problem again for the rest of the fight.
In my AM specc i have 1/5 divine strength and 0/3 Touched by the light, i can tell you that is a hughe tps loss, but you wont be dying anytime soon.
Even so in that specc, as long as i get starting tricks and i do my job through out the fight, people are not passing me on threat.
Treck

Postby Donahu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Treck wrote:More survivability is always preferable, dodge and Divinity both fit in there, Strength in the same respect, does not (while it might be true that if the boss dies faster, your survivability is "higher")

Strength adds block value so it does fit in with the survivability window too ;).
Donahu

Postby Dantriges » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 am

Healers aren´t mana limited (much), overheal is prety substantial and 5% isn´t much. 500 out of every 10k your healer hits you with.
Dantriges

Return to Basic Training & Talents