Morogrim Tidewalker

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Morogrim Tidewalker

Postby Fade » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:04 am

My guild has recently advanced into SSC to the point where our next fight is Morogrim Tidewalker. However we are having trouble with a Prot Paladin tanking on the murlocs because the lack of healing keeps his healing threat below that of the normal healers and they go and beat on a low health person before the first consecration tick. I just wanted to find out what other prot pallies experiences were on this fight and how they go about establishing and holding aggro on the murlocs.
Fade

Postby Lore » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:11 am

Have mages frost nova them into place, then go plop a consecrate on the group. I posted a video in another thread:

Lore wrote:Hi-quality download: http://files.filefront.com/Lore_vs_Moro ... einfo.html

Incredibly ugly google video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4601&hl=en

Useful names to know:

Slothy - Main Tank (warrior)
Malsynth - Mage nova'ing my side, he's the one that dies like 3 times
Dweeb/Yajed - Two druid tanks picking up murlocs from the other side. I'm pretty happy it takes 2 tanks to do what I do myself.

Enjoy :D
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:59 am

I think pretty much everyone uses a slightly different strategy for handling the murlocs :)

We use holy paladins for healing aggro; I just wait 'til they come to camp and Consecrate, which almost immediately pulls off the other pallies. We also like to have 2 feral druids / spare prot wars swiping them as they come in to minimize cloth gibs.

Not quite as informative as Lore's video since this is Mage PoV and lacks vent, but here's our first Tidewalker kill:
http://files.filefront.com/tidewalker.a ... einfo.html
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fade » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Hey Lore, in your video you only seem to be picking up the adds from one direction, is there a druid and warriors getting them from the other way?
Fade

Postby Lore » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:11 am

Yeh: "Dweeb/Yajed - Two druid tanks picking up murlocs from the other side. I'm pretty happy it takes 2 tanks to do what I do myself. "
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations