Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby ent0r » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 am

Xequecal wrote:Paladins have threat problems in general ATM, our biggest issue in downing HLK10 was threat, our 10-man had no hunters or rogues and I simply could not hold aggro on the boss for shit, holding off a melee with Shadowmourne or a fire mage without ToT/MD is impossible. Halion is better than LK because he attacks you more often for more Holy Shield procs, not like LK P1 where he spends half the time casting and not attacking you.

I'm sorry, this is still offtopic, but HOW did your raid managed to keep your Addtank alive when the shamblers enraged.
ent0r

Postby Meloree » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 am

ent0r wrote:I'm sorry, this is still offtopic, but HOW did your raid managed to keep your Addtank alive when the shamblers enraged.

Stun or heal through it. In 10s, they won't one-shot you while enraged, only enrage+frenzy, and that can be cooldowned. It's hard on the healers, and it's not optimal, but it's certainly doable.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Morak » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 am

Boèndal wrote:It has been mentioned in this topic and we have made the same experience: hand of freedom is not working in 10m hc. We tried both versions: before and after dispell neither worked.

Like I said it has been mentioned just to clarify the last post.

We tried this fight yesterday. HoF was working perfectly.
Morak

Postby pfunkmort » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

or they had a warr on the adds.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Boèndal » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:52 am

Morak wrote:
Boèndal wrote:It has been mentioned in this topic and we have made the same experience: hand of freedom is not working in 10m hc. We tried both versions: before and after dispell neither worked.

Like I said it has been mentioned just to clarify the last post.

We tried this fight yesterday. HoF was working perfectly.

Haven't been there this ID. At least the first two IDs it didn't work. We'll try it this evening.
Boèndal

Postby patches » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:08 am

HoF worked for us both last week and this week in 10H

Silly question, but are you sure your raiders are getting out of the consumption zone before HoF expires? I know that when I had to put it on people as a tank I would have to put it on them while they were still in range of me, before they ran to the wall, so it could expire shortly after being dispelled.

Luckily we have a holy priest with Body and Soul so they drop it off and get it dispelled rather quickly.
patches

Postby Xequecal » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 am

ent0r wrote:
Xequecal wrote:Paladins have threat problems in general ATM, our biggest issue in downing HLK10 was threat, our 10-man had no hunters or rogues and I simply could not hold aggro on the boss for shit, holding off a melee with Shadowmourne or a fire mage without ToT/MD is impossible. Halion is better than LK because he attacks you more often for more Holy Shield procs, not like LK P1 where he spends half the time casting and not attacking you.

I'm sorry, this is still offtopic, but HOW did your raid managed to keep your Addtank alive when the shamblers enraged.

Enrage lasts 5 seconds in 10-man heroic, it's pretty easy to heal through as long as you don't get both enrages on one add at the same time. RNG wipes to the plague moving off a shambler at 15% were no fun, though.
Xequecal

Postby Boèndal » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 pm

HoF now works for us in 10m hc :shock: really don't know if its been fixed or whatever there was going on. 10 out of 25 who killed Halion25 hc last week where in my 10men group and reported it doesn't work but in 25s it worked always :roll:
Boèndal

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:25 am

It must have been fixed after the first week (or atleast the first few days).
I can assure you it didnt work (on EU servers) the thursday same week Halion was released.
They might have changed it in a weekly maintenance, or just a stealth fix mid week then. (Only been there once)
Treck

Postby Arizara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:15 am

Boèndal wrote:HoF now works for us in 10m hc :shock: really don't know if its been fixed or whatever there was going on. 10 out of 25 who killed Halion25 hc last week where in my 10men group and reported it doesn't work but in 25s it worked always :roll:

could be like BoP (i don't care if it's a hand spell, it will ALWAYS be BoP) on Anub in ToC that works in 25 but resets target in 10.
Arizara

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:37 am

Arizara wrote:
Boèndal wrote:HoF now works for us in 10m hc :shock: really don't know if its been fixed or whatever there was going on. 10 out of 25 who killed Halion25 hc last week where in my 10men group and reported it doesn't work but in 25s it worked always :roll:

could be like BoP (i don't care if it's a hand spell, it will ALWAYS be BoP) on Anub in ToC that works in 25 but resets target in 10.

HoP works just the same on 10 man anub as 25 man from my experience :s
Rhiannon

Postby Belloc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:26 am

Arizara wrote:

That doesn't happen on on 10-man Anub...

Bubble probably will cause Anub to drop target, but HoP just makes you immune to the damage... same as 25.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 am

Belloc wrote:Bubble probably will cause Anub to drop target, but HoP just makes you immune to the damage... same as 25.

This, BoP delaying works in 10man, just like 25man.
But i have experienced a lot of "random" target drops on anub (both 10 and 25man), most have perfecly explainable reasons (for whatever those are) and some times i just have no idea why he swaps targets, but it happends.
Treck

Postby NeoArmada » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm

On a random note:

Does anyone else love this fight as much as I do???

For the first time the tanks are allowed to scream at the DPS for being retarded! In my opinion this is the first fight where all classes have to be equally aware in order to complete tghe fight where in most encounters the pressure falls on 1 or 2 groups instead of all three. I love watching a pug group die when the tank starts to rotate Halion in the Shadow Realm and the DPS doesnt move with him and they get 1 shotted by Shadow beam. First fight to my knowledge where 25 man is easier than 10 man lol
NeoArmada

Postby Meloree » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:03 pm

NeoArmada wrote:On a random note:

Does anyone else love this fight as much as I do???

For the first time the tanks are allowed to scream at the DPS for being retarded! In my opinion this is the first fight where all classes have to be equally aware in order to complete tghe fight where in most encounters the pressure falls on 1 or 2 groups instead of all three. I love watching a pug group die when the tank starts to rotate Halion in the Shadow Realm and the DPS doesnt move with him and they get 1 shotted by Shadow beam. First fight to my knowledge where 25 man is easier than 10 man lol

This fight is missing a P4. It's a good fight, but something to make the end of the fight a little bit exciting would be nice. As it stands, there's no enrage pressure at all - if you can kill the add waves on time, you'll make enrage - you just spend 3 minutes balancing DPS to keep the see-saw from tipping too far, and win. Half the time, we don't even have a good opportunity to use one of the realms heroisms. As far as 10v25 - in the hardmodes, 25 is significantly harder, imo.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel