Going for Improved LoH

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Going for Improved LoH

Postby Johnar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:03 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVV0bZVotIx0kMTqZV0x

Im looking at 12/39/10.

Since LoH is our shield wall it would be nice to get it. Its also useful to put on other tanks.

I like the threat from Imp SoR.

8 second judgements dont seem all that great since it seems Im often waiting to judge because I have to bring up HS.

Im giving up AS but its been getting me killed in Kara and its very useful in heroics but Im almost done with heroics. Also Ive made runs with rogues in heroics and AS isnt absolutely necessary.

Has anyone tried something similar and what did you think?

I currently dont have redoubt, I went for IDA. If I do that again that frees up 3 points in the top half of the tree.

Do you think that is worth it to go for: Precision or Guardian's Favor or Imp Concentration Aura or Imp HoJ.

Precisions seems the way to go for threat. I should get a holy pally in my guild to get Imp concentration and Ill take IDA.
Johnar

Postby Lore » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:26 am

You lose a lot of mitigation by not having Shield Spec.

I used to have a 12/49/0 spec when I first started tanking. I found that the extra mitigation I gained when switching to 0/49/12 made it so I was in a situation where imp LoH would have been nice a lot less often.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Gideon » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:22 pm

I'm toying with the idea of converting from 0/49/12 to 12/49/0 when I get enough upgrades to reach uncrushability without deflection (maintaining decent stam ofc).

Imp Righteousness actually holds more appeal than Imp Judgment now. Syncing that cooldown with holy shield would save some headaches and the slight loss of judgment aggro would be made up by the gain in SoR aggro. Imp Loh I just wanna try.
Gideon

Postby Thels » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:16 am

You can cycle HS and SoR (or SoV or SoB) together just fine.

If your HS has a slightly lower CD than Judgement, then pop HS first and Judge right after. Reseal unless Consecration is off CD, then reseal after.

Next time Judgement is on a slightly lower CD than HS. Simply Judge, then HS, then reseal. Next time you'll have enough time to Judge, Seal, HS.

Deflection does 2 things:

1) It helps making you crush immune. Yes, you can become crush immune without it, but then you're spending more itemization on that, that could've gone into stamina for example.

2) Even if you're crush immune without it, Deflection makes an extra 1 in 20 swings against you a miss. If you have around 50% Miss/Parry/Dodge, that's a flat 10% damage reduction.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Basic Training & Talents