Horde
41%
Alliance
59%

Total votes : 66

Re: Horde or Ally?

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Shoju wrote:Yeah. I don't want to be a human. Elves are even a little too close for my tastes, but sadly, I can't be a forsaken or troll paladin.

well this just makes you bad

Mainly, I'm just trolling the human thing because I spotted Sab in the thread. If you want to play a human for whatever reason, I'm totally down with that. It just isn't my desire. I rolled an undead rogue as my first toon, because I wanted to play with my friends who played horde, and everyone thought I would like playing a rogue. Turns out, I hate the forsaken because you always look like you're wearing crap gear you just crawled out of the grave in, and rogues just... aren't my bag. (Be a newb to the game, toss on your first pair of epic pants on a forsaken. I was FURIOUS)

So I tried plenty of other things, I even tried Alliance. The big problem I have with the humans is simple. It doesn't matter if I take the dr phil ring of hair, or the fabio hair, or the mullet, I'm always this BEASTLY looking Human. The lack of a way to adjust the features of the humans really kills the race for me, both male and female.

Trolls, Orcs, Tauren, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draenei, and even the elves, are such a fantasy rich race, that the lack of body customization doesn't interfere with the aesthetics of the way the characters look. Troll males are slightly hunched over, and very wiry body type. Sure, there are probably ways to improve and have multiple body types, but I don't notice the difference when i scroll through the hair styles for a troll, or an orc, because there aren't many frames of reference to work against. The human race suffers from this in WoW. I don't care for it.

Then there is the fact that I had fully quested to 70 as a horde before I had tried an ally, and came to the conclusion that the Warcraft humans are a dumb, evil, grudge holding, overly prideful, worthless race along the way.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Shoju wrote:Then there is the fact that I had fully quested to 70 as a horde before I had tried an ally, and came to the conclusion that the Warcraft humans are a dumb, evil, grudge holding, overly prideful, worthless race along the way.

My counterpart to that is the fact that I played Warcraft II in which the Orcs came to our world and killed our shit for no reason.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Shoju wrote:Then there is the fact that I had fully quested to 70 as a horde before I had tried an ally, and came to the conclusion that the Warcraft humans are a dumb, evil, grudge holding, overly prideful, worthless race along the way.

My counterpart to that is the fact that I played Warcraft II in which the Orcs came to our world and killed our shit for no reason.

They didn't show up on their own you know. They had some help. From a human.

EDIT:

But, I don't play orcs too often. My 80's are BEx3, Forsaken, Troll. Blood Elf is my favorite race from a lore perspective, and the humans treated them like rotten potatoes.
Shoju

Postby Arnock » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Chunes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:47 pm

I don't have much problem with humans from a lore perspective.

aesthetically though...

Chunes

Postby blakk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Chunes wrote:I don't have much problem with humans from a lore perspective.

aesthetically though...

learn to play female characters. we get free gold/items and we don't look like popeye
blakk

Postby Chunes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:23 pm

blakk wrote:we get free gold/items and we don't look like popeye

My char was actually originally female and, at the time, it was fine for me. I couldn't do a female toon for anything more serious than lvl1 alt banking anymore.
Chunes

Postby tlitp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:47 pm

theckhd wrote:I mean, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not a 6'7" blonde-haired badass with rippling biceps, rock-hard abs, a chiseled jawline, and a glare that oozes determination.

Good grace, the dejection is boundless. Signed : a callipygean quondam fangirl.
tlitp

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Popeye could kick your ass. Don't hate.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Chicken » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 pm

tlitp wrote:
theckhd wrote:I mean, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not a 6'7" blonde-haired badass with rippling biceps, rock-hard abs, a chiseled jawline, and a glare that oozes determination.

Good grace, the dejection is boundless. Signed : a callipygean quondam fangirl.
He's actually a 6'8" brown-haired badass with rippling biceps, rock-hard abs, a chiseled jawline, and a glare that oozes determination. See, quite different.
Chicken

Previous

Return to General