Remove Advertisements

[DK Gear/Talent check]

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[DK Gear/Talent check]

Postby vertinog » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 am

Disclaimer: I will probably never see a raid due to limited play time as well as have limited funds so most BOE AH gear is out of the question due to inflated prices.

My DK, in my sig, hit 80 a while back and I would like to mainly tank on him. I logged him out in his DPS gear and spec because I ran all three ICC5 instances today with a tank that had 20k more hp then I do. Please feel free to pick apart the talents, gear and glyphs. Blood is my tanking spec and DW Frost is the DPS. I know I am not hit capped but I haven't really focused on gearing him up DPS wise so you will notice an assortment of haste, armor pen and low hit :oops:.

My major question is this; Does anyone have any suggestions for tanking trinkets other than The Black Heart and the EoF one?

I have been trying to get TBH and the EoF is far in the distance for me at this time. I am looking for something to use until then (EoT or lower is fine as well).

Thanks in advance!
vertinog

Re: [DK Gear/Talent check]

Postby blakk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 am

vertinog wrote:Disclaimer: I will probably never see a raid due to limited play time as well as have limited funds so most BOE AH gear is out of the question due to inflated prices.

My DK, in my sig, hit 80 a while back and I would like to mainly tank on him. I logged him out in his DPS gear and spec because I ran all three ICC5 instances today with a tank that had 20k more hp then I do. Please feel free to pick apart the talents, gear and glyphs. Blood is my tanking spec and DW Frost is the DPS. I know I am not hit capped but I haven't really focused on gearing him up DPS wise so you will notice an assortment of haste, armor pen and low hit :oops:.

My major question is this; Does anyone have any suggestions for tanking trinkets other than The Black Heart and the EoF one?

I have been trying to get TBH and the EoF is far in the distance for me at this time. I am looking for something to use until then (EoT or lower is fine as well).

Thanks in advance!

essence of gossamer is the stam trinket you'll want and grab the EoT armor trinket for anything that has a large melee.

you'll want glyph of death strike not glyph of icy touch. spell deflection is MEH at best and mark of blood is a nice cd that no one realizes.
blakk

Postby vertinog » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:40 am

blakk wrote:essence of gossamer is the stam trinket you'll want and grab the EoT armor trinket for anything that has a large melee.

you'll want glyph of death strike not glyph of icy touch. spell deflection is MEH at best and mark of blood is a nice cd that no one realizes.

I will get the EoT trinket as soon as I can. Also I will update my spec and glyphs tonight.

The next step I am going to take is to get the Wrathful Bracers and slap +40stam on them. I won't miss the +def as I will not be a raid tank. My sigil needs to be upgraded as well. I am thinking the dodge one to help healers out but the strength one would help with threat against those that are actually trying in heroics. I do not usually have an issue until someone starts pulling more than 6k dps.
vertinog

Postby Levantine » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:05 pm

The dodge trinket is useless. Especially in heroics where nothing is remotely dangerous anyway. Use the EoT strength one to up your dps, not tps. Faster run are faster when you're doing more dps, not needing slightly less healing.
Levantine

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes