Maintaining threat on Maiden

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Minn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:24 pm

I used SoV last night and it went fine. I think the stack dropped once (using Continuum Blade.) Holy Shield got priority, then Consecrate, then Judge/refresh.
Minn
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 7:51 am

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:26 am

I always just button mash through this fight, I never had any issues other then having no healers using BoS or stepping into the holy fire before repentence, I usually find out too late to drag her to a healer to break them out.
DeadlyRabbit
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:03 am

Has Maiden changed recently?

Postby greenrose » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Its 2.3.1 - and last week Maiden ate me for dinner.
The silences seemeed continuous - I mashed mashed but didnt get any spells off.
HELP
:hugs
GreenRose
(Kara rl and tankadin on Dath'Remar)
greenrose
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 pm

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:42 pm

Mash faster
User avatar
Zhalseran
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Postby Euphoria » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:18 am

I tanked her this Tuesday. I swear my raid group is awesome, I've wanted to tank her just because everybody says it's very difficult and they had no problem with letting me.


Get a leadup in threat, throw a shadow priest into the consecration, and smash the buttons on your nostromo as fast as you can. She's a fun mob to tank.
Image
Euphoria
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Postby Korath » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:24 am

Tanked maiden for the 1st time last night (always let the druid or warrior do it before) and wasnt an issue. I even got 7 cleases off aswell due to slacking priests :P
Image

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:31 am
Location: Currently in Sydney! :D

Postby Athon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 am

I was on my first Karazhan run yesterday. We downed Attumen and Moroes. We also tried Maiden three times (17% was our best attempt), but our healers couldn't keep me up. I had big problems with casting spells. It was kinda frustrating to see my nearly full mana bar being mostly useless. I could hold aggro reasonably well though, but my holy shield was down very often. Definitely not an enjoyable fight.
Athon
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 am

Postby Claydon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:13 am

I did this fight last night as i had no one in the raid to tank her. I just mashed buttons constantly and managed to get spells off now and again, priority was HS and it wasnt down for more than a couple of seconds during the fight.

I think the most important thing in this fight is cleanse, holy shock does a lot of damage.

we also try to do this with 2 pala healers BoS on the tank and then the other BoS on that pala, so they come out of repentance straight away.

I do out gear the instance but i can't see it being a huge problem for people learning the fight.
Image
Claydon
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:05 am
Location: UK

Postby Bayne » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:06 am

being honest i've not had a problem tanking maiden since i started out as tank (saying that i geared up spamming FoL so came into kara with decent gear) did my 1st night of solo tanking the place last night we took down everything bar nightbane and netherspite (didnt do nightbane due to lack of hunter for MD)

all i do on maiden is spam the spell i want to cast hehe ensuring HS is down a minimal amount of time as possible have no problems with aggro at all
Bayne
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:04 am

Postby Zahir » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:26 am

tanked her for the first time last week. Had a paladin healer say "i've never actually seen a paladin tank this"

well we downed her in 2:10 and it went pretty smoothly. I think i was lucky on timing my HS and judgement/consecrate. But HS was definately a priority and had SoV up on her most of the time. The time SoV went down, i just went to righteousness/JoR. It's not too bad.
Image
Zahir
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:11 pm

Postby Swagger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:51 am

Bayne wrote:being honest i've not had a problem tanking maiden since i started out as tank (saying that i geared up spamming FoL so came into kara with decent gear) did my 1st night of solo tanking the place last night we took down everything bar nightbane and netherspite (didnt do nightbane due to lack of hunter for MD)

all i do on maiden is spam the spell i want to cast hehe ensuring HS is down a minimal amount of time as possible have no problems with aggro at all


...


what.
Image
Image
User avatar
Swagger
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Postby adese » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:13 am

Swagger wrote:
Bayne wrote:being honest i've not had a problem tanking maiden since i started out as tank (saying that i geared up spamming FoL so came into kara with decent gear) did my 1st night of solo tanking the place last night we took down everything bar nightbane and netherspite (didnt do nightbane due to lack of hunter for MD)

all i do on maiden is spam the spell i want to cast hehe ensuring HS is down a minimal amount of time as possible have no problems with aggro at all


...


what.


While Hunter MD can be helpful when Nightbane lands, one is by no means required. This is one place where Paladins are better than warriors on that fight: just as he lands, use Exorcism on him. Congratulations, you have aggro without a misdirect. ;)
Image
Image
adese
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:33 pm
Location: Aggramar

Postby Dianora » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 am

Tank Maiden for the first time tonight (yes, I tank Fathom-Lord before Maiden), and didn't have much of an issue with aggro. Bigger problem for the raid is that we have a grand total of 2 dispeller, me an another paladin who promptly died because she wasn't paying attention about cleansing herelf. So we end up using grounding totem to and me cleansing whenever possible.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby GothicPL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:25 am

Dianora wrote:Tank Maiden for the first time tonight (yes, I tank Fathom-Lord before Maiden), and didn't have much of an issue with aggro. Bigger problem for the raid is that we have a grand total of 2 dispeller, me an another paladin who promptly died because she wasn't paying attention about cleansing herelf. So we end up using grounding totem to and me cleansing whenever possible.


I was the only dispeller when we downed her. It is quite fun multi-tasking - keeping HS up, moving her to healers and back to break repentance, and dispelling Holy Fire. Good times. Her silence is interesting - it actually doesn't seem to last long, I had to wait maybe 2 seconds at most to cast any spell I needed, but you do have to press buttons rapidly (I recommend quick gentle tapping, as mashing hard is actually not as fast.) As for the original question in this thread, dropping JoC on her relieves threat pressure quite a bit.
GothicPL
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:16 pm

Swagger wrote:
Bayne wrote:being honest i've not had a problem tanking maiden since i started out as tank (saying that i geared up spamming FoL so came into kara with decent gear) did my 1st night of solo tanking the place last night we took down everything bar nightbane and netherspite (didnt do nightbane due to lack of hunter for MD)

all i do on maiden is spam the spell i want to cast hehe ensuring HS is down a minimal amount of time as possible have no problems with aggro at all


...


what.


srsly. AS + Exorcism ftw?


In any case, the consecrate silence is predictable if you watch your debuffs closely. After a few I've never had a problem timing whatever I want in between...you'll just have a couple extra seconds in between your threat rotation because you have to wait for holy shield instead of re-sealing or consecrating or whatever.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests