[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby guillex » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Please go ahead and discuss how much of a jerk Halion is in this thread... Thank you!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Re: [10/25] Ruby Sanctum - Halion

Postby Amirya » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:09 pm

A huge jerk.

Seems to be an easy fight. Except for lazer beams of doom.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Anyone skipping straight to hard mode?

I'm of two minds whether to do easy mode this week as a warm-up.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Amirya » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Not us, I had issues enough with other things.

And I'm not sure if Saviana is stupid or not. The only way to dispel her enrage is a hunter or a rogue?

We got her down, with 4 healers, and me using DSac+DP every cooldown

Am I missing something obvious in my irritation?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nexty » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Have not managed to get to phase 3 yet. Lazar beams of doom did us in. I tried moving through it twice. First time I didn't seem to take any damage, but it could have just been eaten up by pre healing and priest bubbles. Second time I took a ton of damage. I don't think I moved as fast through it the second time though.

Had bigger issues with the first large set of trash that's past each of the first two mini-bosses. Wiped several times to them til we just had me pull the pack, grab what I could with another pally tank grabbing the commander and aoe taunting off me and just taking whatever he got.

I heard Saviana enrage can be purged by a shaman, but didn't test it. I wonder if it can be spell stolen.
Nexty

Postby pfunkmort » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm

we decided to work on hard mode tonight, and forgo normal mode. IDK - it'll be interesting to see how quickly people get the boss down. I have a sneaking suspicion that adds in p3 will be a bit of a cockblock, even for some higher guilds, as the dps requirements get really sticky and it's a long burn. I sort of wonder if you can just use an OT for the little guys and have the MT tank the big adds with a really really heavy melee cleave setup to burn everything down.

edit - p1 is easy enough, p2 is a lot harder, but honestly I can't imagine it being THAT much harder than normal mode, except the damage levels are higher, and with four orbs, you're a little more constrained in terms of space. p3, I'd imagine, is insane - and from what I've heard from others, it pretty much is.
Last edited by pfunkmort on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Yeah, it took us about 5 pulls to kill on 10 man normal...if you're looking for a challenge I'd skip straight to hard mode.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Nexty wrote:Have not managed to get to phase 3 yet. Lazar beams of doom did us in. I tried moving through it twice. First time I didn't seem to take any damage, but it could have just been eaten up by pre healing and priest bubbles. Second time I took a ton of damage. I don't think I moved as fast through it the second time though.

Had bigger issues with the first large set of trash that's past each of the first two mini-bosses. Wiped several times to them til we just had me pull the pack, grab what I could with another pally tank grabbing the commander and aoe taunting off me and just taking whatever he got.

I heard Saviana enrage can be purged by a shaman, but didn't test it. I wonder if it can be spell stolen.

Easiest way to handle those packs is just to have the commander tanking separately from the rest. Mage cannot spellsteal the enrage from Saviana.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Faro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 am

We went straight into hard mode for 10 mans and made reasonable progress. Eye beams of doom and bad players having RL problems held us back but we made significant progress. People need to realize that the most important part of this fight is running away with the debuff asap. We used two healers for a while and kept dieing during the downstairs when the hpally had to move; we used a resto druid/disc/hpally and the fight was a walk in the park.

We used one group standing at mid range for eye beams, and when eye beam/void zone overlap happened we had the void zone run towards the beam that was moving away from us, get dispelled at 4 max, then hope the eyebeam stopped or they had a way out of the snare. Downstairs/Upstairs groups were me, rogue, hunter, resto druid, hpally/feral tank (kitty main), mage, warlock, spriest, disc priest respectively. Upstairs damage is so minimal that the spriest can probably handle it on his own. Upstairs/downstairs split doesn't matter, just toss whoever doesn't die to beams downstairs and tell upstairs to not stand in fire.

The fight's a lot of fun and brings some pretty awesome mechanics to the table (void zone interaction between realms) but it's nothing difficult if people can dodge eye beams and run out to get dispelled.

Question for anyone who knows: Does the gravity bomb downstairs pull someone upstairs into it's center on dispel? I saw something that might be evidence to the contrary, but it could've just been being out of range.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby knaughty » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 am

We did easy mode 10s, then easy mode 25 for giggles.

Massive alt-fest in 10-man, still got 3 10-mans through it, then one-shot the 25-man version. Total time for 4 kills under 2 hours.

Prob should have gone with hard mode.

Then again, nice break from wiping on LK-hard-25.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:04 am

Amirya wrote:Not us, I had issues enough with other things.

And I'm not sure if Saviana is stupid or not. The only way to dispel her enrage is a hunter or a rogue?

We got her down, with 4 healers, and me using DSac+DP every cooldown

Am I missing something obvious in my irritation?

The enrage is 150% melee haste, so it's not a big issue to heal if your raid is avoiding the other damage she puts out.

When she takes off, just spread out toward the center of the room and focus on staying away from the conflag target(s) (red arrows get placed over their heads).

One issue we ran into last night was that she seems to target a random raid member and breath in that direction immediately after descending from the flight phase (regardless of the tank's position), so standing near her when she comes down is a bad idea unless you are a tank.
baleogthefierce

Postby Meloree » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 am

Since hardmode is open, we'll be doing all our pulls on hardmode until we run out of time.

On the other hand, with July 4th weekend taking a raid night, and Tuesday hyper-extended maintenance taking a raid night - we'll get one and a quarter raid nights on it, at most.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:26 am

A group of us took alts in and killed 10-man normal mode in about 5 pulls. Most of it was figuring out how to keep the tank alive downstairs in P3, but having 2 healing mains (rather than alts) would have nullified that problem, I think. We ended up going with 2 healers downstairs and 1 upstairs.

RE: Heroic. I keep hearing about these adds in phase 3, but I didn't see them on Premo's video (linked from mmo-champion this morning). Are they not present on 10-man heroic?

Better yet, does anyone have a concise list of the differences between the 4 modes? i.e.:

10N: No adds
10H: No adds, void zones are cross-phase, ?

25N: ?
25H: ?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 am

Normal has two orbs/one cutter while heroic has four orbs/two cutters. On 25 man heroic, in normal realm periodically a large fire elemental spawns along with a bunch of small elementals. On 10 man heroic there are no elementals.
Last edited by Rhiannon on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhiannon

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:34 am

Meloree wrote:Since hardmode is open, we'll be doing all our pulls on hardmode until we run out of time.

On the other hand, with July 4th weekend taking a raid night, and Tuesday hyper-extended maintenance taking a raid night - we'll get one and a quarter raid nights on it, at most.

Yeah that's why we elected to do the normal mode kill. Stupid summer killing my raid nights :P
baleogthefierce

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel