Remove Advertisements

[10] Lich King Solo tank

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Lich King Solo tank

Postby warden » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 am

Belloc wrote:
Nexiv wrote:Really you shouldnt have 2 spirits up going into phase2. The spirits are the dps priority during the phase transition, and you shouldnt be putting any dps onto the shamblings or drudges, thats what the plague is for. You will always exit the transition phase with a spirit up, as it spawns just before the start of phase2, but if you still have another left alive before that spawn, then your dps need to hit harder and get it down faster.

I agree with this. My current guild is, by no means, a serious guild, and even we can kill a spirit as the next one is spawning. If we were solo-tanking it, the extra dps would cause this to be even less of an issue.

So, uh... work on that.

Yep.. the big problem here was we were having to stop to AOE down the ghouls that were still up when the 2nd spirit spawned, and losing that uptime on the 2nd spirit. In retrospect, it was probably as a result of running a very ranged-heavy comp with no residual aoe whatsoever. We went back in the other night with a more balanced comp that included a ret and a fury warrior. This time the ghouls were dying off a ton faster, the plague was stacking on the shamblers a ton faster, and all in all, things were dying at a nice, happy rate. I know the ret just ran his normal dps priority, and the fury subbed in a few WWs (tryin to pad his meters, but we caught him :P), but overall it just helped a lot.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 am

Before you give your Fury a hard time it's worth remembering Whirlwinding on cooldown is part of their single target rotation, I think maybe you meant Cleaving instead of Heroic Striking?
Levantine

Postby Kitmajere » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:37 am

For solo tanking LK 10H, how do you handle soaking vile spirits in p3? Do you just use things like spriest dispersion/ret pally bubble/mage iceblock?
Kitmajere

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 pm

You kill them. Simple as that.
Treck

Postby Kaory » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Kitmajere wrote:For solo tanking LK 10H, how do you handle soaking vile spirits in p3? Do you just use things like spriest dispersion/ret pally bubble/mage iceblock?

Exactly. No damage to spirits at all.
Kaory

Postby Belloc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 am

Awesome, two completely opposite replies.
Belloc

Postby Soralin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 am

Belloc wrote:Awesome, two completely opposite replies.

Either option will work. If you have ret paladins/mages/spriests you can soak, otherwise kill them.
Soralin

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 am

Well to kill the spirits you usually want at least 2 between sp and locks (doomkin helps too).

None of those? Soak :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 am

Belloc wrote:Awesome, two completely opposite replies.

To be fair, I think Kaory meant no damage *from* spirits.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kaory » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:10 am

fuzzygeek wrote:To be fair, I think Kaory meant no damage *from* spirits.

I meant no damage TO spirits, just soaking via bubble, ice block, sh priest. And ofc we have to damage them in the room.
Kaory

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:31 am

Kaory wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:To be fair, I think Kaory meant no damage *from* spirits.

I meant no damage TO spirits, just soaking via bubble, ice block, sh priest. And ofc we have to damage them in the room.

In a pinch, a DPS feral druid can also comfortably soak spirits with cooldowns rolling.
baleogthefierce

Postby Treck » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 am

Kitmajere wrote:For solo tanking LK 10H, how do you handle soaking vile spirits in p3? Do you just use things like spriest dispersion/ret pally bubble/mage iceblock?

Id be amazed if a group had that many soakers available in the same raid group.
Id guess 3x shadowpriests with glyphed Dispersion could do it, maybe 2, not to sure about if theres time or not, but then with that many SPs, just kill them and be done with it.
Pally soaking works once, possibly twice if that phase is long enough and your there in time.
Iceblock works, but since you cannot move you will most likely have some getting through, and the CD is to long to do reliably iirc.
Treck

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Out of fm room phases are 60 seconds, inside fm is 45 seconds. Apart from after the first fm room, you need to soak two waves between every fm room. So two waves every 1 min 45. Glyphed dispersion is a 1 min 15 cd, so two shadowpriests is more than enough. Alternatively: holy / sp ret / sp mage / sp holy / sp ret / sp would work fine with one shadowpriest. Alternatives such as dk/feral with cds running should do the job as well.
Rhiannon

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 am

If your running 2x SPs, its 10times easier to just kill them off.
And if your gonna soak them with dpsers with CDs, you might aswell just bring another tank to make P1 easier for yourself, aswell as making the last phase easier with that kind of HP soaking.
And your still not useless in the other phases.
Treck

Postby andx » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 am

Starfall.... Nuff said.
Maybe I just have a disease or an addiction to tanking, my gf says I'm a masochist I say I like it rough, either way I'm a tank and I can't escape it.
andx

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel