Curator Trash

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Curator Trash

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:02 pm

How do you guys solo-tank this? I attempted it once my OT warrior hadn't arrived yet and we had an average of 1 death per pull (healers/dps). No problem doing it with him to taunt the biggie and I'll let the leeches work on me. Any ideas? :?
Dynaheir

Postby Yeti » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:09 pm

I just Consecrate and try to keep them all on me. When the big guy blinks away, I try to taunt and get him back on me. He usually dies pretty fast. The little guys just get AoE'd down.

Sometimes a caster/healer dies due to the blink, but that becomes more rare once your group's dps burns them faster.

Anyone ever actually 1-shot the big one on the pull? I think if a caster pulls, it is *theoretically* possible with a big crit.

Yeti
Yeti

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:15 pm

It's actually not possible anymore... they will drop to 1 HP and then put up Mana Shield.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Yeti » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:19 pm

Sabindeus wrote:It's actually not possible anymore... they will drop to 1 HP and then put up Mana Shield.

bummer
Yeti

Postby Shirak » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:06 pm

And they changed them so that the mana sting from hunters wont work any more.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:59 pm

OT ftw. You'll need one for Netherspite anyways
Zhalseran

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:29 pm

They still keep refusing to consider my threat cause all the damage is "absorb", so i usually let some other kind of tank tank em.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Silrathi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:40 am

These pulls IMO are such a pain, it's too bad they fixed it so you can't 1 shot the big guy with avengers shield anymore :cry:
Silrathi

Re: Curator Trash

Postby Morvant » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:52 pm

Dynaheir wrote:How do you guys solo-tank this? ... Any ideas? :?

We usually have maybe one death through the entire set of pulls. Will occaisionally have no deaths.

I pull, run down the stairs where the DPS awaits, drop consecrate. Warlocks are fearing the worms. I watch the big smog closely ... after hitting him for a while he will drop target, move towards a healer, then pick the healer up as a target. I need to wait to see him target the healer before I can taunt him back. Once I got the rhythm of this, healer deaths went way down.
--
Cenarion Circle, Belfadin
Morvant

Postby Dynaheir » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:56 pm

Yeti wrote:I just Consecrate and try to keep them all on me. When the big guy blinks away, I try to taunt and get him back on me. He usually dies pretty fast. The little guys just get AoE'd down.Yeti
What about mana? Do you have someone cleanse-spam you instead of healing? Or is there anything around that which im missing?
Dynaheir

Postby Shakkra » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:08 am

Obviously shield to pull. Let a consecration bind the little ones. Chaincleanse myself. Taunt the big one as soon as he has cast his ae and locked onto a healer.

No dead healers since doing it this way. Obviously someone else could cleanse me, but cause i cant damage and thus aggro the big one anyway, i believe selfcleansing is most effective.
Shakkra

Postby Jereth » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:33 am

Just as Shakkra says, although I wasn't doing the self cleanse part. Have your RD and BoP macro's to assist target's target bound to a couple of keys.

Once the big boy goes walkies and locks on, hit RD and it drags him back. If he goes off again before RD cools down and it looks like you're about to lose the healer he's on, BoP.

BoP isn't going to be available every time you pull a bunch, but it never hurts to use it when it's up just in case.

We did 'em last night this way without a single death.
Jereth
Maintankadonor

Postby Dynaheir » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:57 am

Jereth wrote:Just as Shakkra says, although I wasn't doing the self cleanse part. Have your RD and BoP macro's to assist target's target bound to a couple of keys.

Once the big boy goes walkies and locks on, hit RD and it drags him back. If he goes off again before RD cools down and it looks like you're about to lose the healer he's on, BoP.

BoP isn't going to be available every time you pull a bunch, but it never hurts to use it when it's up just in case.

I'll give this a shot. Selfcleansing doesn't appeal to me tho. I'll have someone on cleansebot duty ready, mana potions FTL. :wink:
Dynaheir

Postby Grigsby » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:30 am

Dynaheir wrote:
Jereth wrote:Just as Shakkra says, although I wasn't doing the self cleanse part. Have your RD and BoP macro's to assist target's target bound to a couple of keys.

I'll give this a shot. Selfcleansing doesn't appeal to me tho. I'll have someone on cleansebot duty ready, mana potions FTL. :wink:

The whole point of Cleanse Tanking, is that it pulls a TON of threat and keeps the guys off your healers. Not to mention you can still play with the big guy too. Get yourself Decursive, it makes Cleanse-Tanking a lot easier, and is a life-saver in Maiden fights, and just in general when you can remove something to help a raid-mate and generate a little extra threat.
Grigsby

Postby Yawata » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:02 pm

:shock:
this will be my second run at the trash to curator as a OT; up till now I've been healing on my shammie the self cleanse thing sounds interesting i normally spam consecrate and auto attack something. definitely going to try the self cleanse. its bad enough I've got macros for all 3 of my healers to BOP them.
Yawata

Next

Return to Karazhan