[Resto Druid] Gemming?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Resto Druid] Gemming?

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:16 am

Quick question... I glanced briefly through this area but didn't see an answer to my question.

My resto druid is currently level 63 and as she progresses towards level 80, I realize I have absolutely no idea what to gem her for. I kinda think spell power and I kinda think spirit, but I have no idea if I should gem full spell power, or full spirit gems, or go for combination gems. Also, what socket bonuses are worth going for? I believe gemming for intellect on druids was considered retarded (although that's going off a few people I know, not math, but they played fantastic druids.)

Thanks for the help!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: [Resto Druid] Gemming?

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:19 am

Haste cap>Spell Power
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

[Incoming retarded question]What's the haste cap?

And you wouldn't gem for spirit at all?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Hokahey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 am

Nikachelle wrote:[Incoming retarded question]What's the haste cap?

Its not a retarded question. I don't know the answer.

No, only gem spirit when you need it for a socket bonus or to activate a meta, or both, preferably.
Hokahey

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:35 am

Nikachelle wrote:[Incoming retarded question]What's the haste cap?

It greatly depends on your group make up but this link has the run down.

http://restorationdruid.com/2009/12/10/ ... ruids_3-3/
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 am

Thank you!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 am

So now I go and look at all the resto druids in my guild, and none of them are gemming for haste and hover around 500 haste rating. Hrm. Not so good...
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jedah » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:01 pm

This is a stupid question from someone who knows nothing about casters (three level 80 tanks (pally, DK, warrior) and a lv 80 rogue).

Aren't a majority of a resto druids heals instant cast? Why is haste so important? Does it reduce the GCD from 1.5 down to 1.0 seconds? I guess that probably answers my own question, I just wanted to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong when I play my wife's resto druid on occassion by not using cast-time heals very often.
Jedah

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Jedah wrote:This is a stupid question from someone who knows nothing about casters (three level 80 tanks (pally, DK, warrior) and a lv 80 rogue).

Aren't a majority of a resto druids heals instant cast? Why is haste so important? Does it reduce the GCD from 1.5 down to 1.0 seconds? I guess that probably answers my own question, I just wanted to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong when I play my wife's resto druid on occassion by not using cast-time heals very often.

That be out. Can push out the HoTs faster
Flex

Postby Shathus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Plus, depending on what you're doing. faster nourish/regrowth, and rejuv affected by haste if you have the right glyph. And of course what was said above about getting your GCD to 1.0
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Whoring Keeva again, but she has a great gemming guide on her blog with the reasons behind gemming that way.
Levantine

Postby anthony » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 am

Nikachelle wrote:Quick question... I glanced briefly through this area but didn't see an answer to my question.

My resto druid is currently level 63 and as she progresses towards level 80, I realize I have absolutely no idea what to gem her for. I kinda think spell power and I kinda think spirit, but I have no idea if I should gem full spell power, or full spirit gems, or go for combination gems. Also, what socket bonuses are worth going for? I believe gemming for intellect on druids was considered retarded (although that's going off a few people I know, not math, but they played fantastic druids.)

Thanks for the help!

y u so bad :P Any more trees and we'll be more a forest than a guild
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:10 am

anthony wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Quick question... I glanced briefly through this area but didn't see an answer to my question.

Thanks for the help!

LOL Very true. But I can't help it... they're so darned cute!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby anthony » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:13 am

Nikachelle wrote:
anthony wrote:

Thanks for the help!

LOL Very true. But I can't help it... they're so darned cute!

wat. Tree druids....cute? Well, I guess they got wood (bad joke was bad)
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 am

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes