Akil'zon adds -- the birds

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Akil'zon adds -- the birds

Postby utena » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Our range DPS is having major problems taking them down. We have no hunter in our regular group, and the locks have only one instant cast DoT.

What to do? They're doing too much collateral damage.
utena

Re: Akil'zon adds -- the birds

Postby Blaen99 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Utena wrote:Our range DPS is having major problems taking them down. We have no hunter in our regular group, and the locks have only one instant cast DoT.

What to do? They're doing too much collateral damage.

Our 'locks swear by SoC-spamming AKil'Zon himself.
Blaen99

Postby Stylaan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Just SoC spam.
Stylaan

Postby utena » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:34 pm

Uber, danke.
utena

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:05 pm

Last 2 times we downed that boss we just ignored the birds, even with a lock in the group, it worked out better because overall we don't have a lot of dps.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Comma » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:14 pm

DeadlyRabbit wrote:Last 2 times we downed that boss we just ignored the birds, even with a lock in the group, it worked out better because overall we don't have a lot of dps.
:shock: That means you tank all birds untill boss dies? Or by ignore, you mean ignore them completely?...
Comma

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:24 pm

Comma wrote:
DeadlyRabbit wrote:Last 2 times we downed that boss we just ignored the birds, even with a lock in the group, it worked out better because overall we don't have a lot of dps.
:shock: That means you tank all birds untill boss dies? Or by ignore, you mean ignore them completely?...

since you can't tank them, i can't possibly see how he could mean that.
SmurfZG

Postby jere » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:40 pm

We ignore the birds as well. Healers call out if they have some on them so we know that the other healers need to step up a bit on healing to cover, but aside from that, we don't even know they are there.
jere

Postby Invisusira » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:49 pm

Blaen99 wrote:Our 'locks swear by SoC-spamming AKil'Zon himself.

PS-
Comma wrote::shock: That means you tank all birds untill boss dies? Or by ignore, you mean ignore them completely?...

This is the eagle boss, not the dragonhawk boss. Boss names FTL!
Invisusira

Postby Blaen99 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Blaen99 wrote:Our 'locks swear by SoC-spamming AKil'Zon himself.

PS-
Comma wrote::shock: That means you tank all birds untill boss dies? Or by ignore, you mean ignore them completely?...

This is the eagle boss, not the dragonhawk boss. Boss names FTL!

Either one works.

Eagle or dragonhawk, just Seed the boss?
Blaen99

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:17 pm

We have a lock spamming istant dots on whatever eagle he can target. Nothing else, we just ignore them if there's no warlock.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Comma » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:17 pm

~_~ Ignore me, Im the dust in the air, ignore me ````
Comma

Postby Nebuchadneza » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Have your OT tank the boss and strap on your healing gear. :shock: The utility of our class is such that you can do more than just tank.

Assist heals on everyone for the entire fight and assign just one person to killing the birds if you feel they absolutely have to die.
Nebuchadneza

Postby Gerilith » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 am

Nebuchadneza wrote:Have your OT tank the boss and strap on your healing gear. :shock: The utility of our class is such that you can do more than just tank.

Assist heals on everyone for the entire fight and assign just one person to killing the birds if you feel they absolutely have to die.

Bullshit. Tank the boss, every other tankclass can do more DPS than you (while not tanking). Healing should really not be an issue at all in this fight.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Ocin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:36 am

yah...seems silly not to tank the boss on this unless you're OT. we ignored the birds for the most part. i noticed they really didn't get trapped in my consecrate on the boss, unfortunately
Ocin

Next

Return to Zul'aman