Remove Advertisements

Attempting to AOE tank Moroes

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Attempting to AOE tank Moroes

Postby holysoldier » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:25 am

our kara group will be attempting moroes tonight for the 2nd time, last time i repsecced holy to fill the void of an absent healer, so tonight i'll be main tanking him. i'm wondering if my gear is good enough. i'm at 486 def but i'll have flask of fort on me. the other buffs i'll have for the fight are MoTW and prayer of fort. we'll have 1 priest to shackle, and some hunters who's trapping skill are questionable. last time we tried the adds were all over the place. i'll have a druid OTing for me. with my gear how many adds do you think i can aoe tank at once if any? and is there a macro i can do to place BofSac on the OT when it's up? thanks for any advice.

EDIT: i looked at the other aoe moroes thread but the guy who was gear checked was from August and appeared to upgrade is gear alot since then.
Whatever you are, be a great one.
-Abe Lincoln
holysoldier

Postby Alanyor » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Depends on your healers and which adds are there.

So if there is the Prot Warrior: tank him and ignore him until Moroes is dead.
If the Prot Warrior isn't there, just take Moroes and no add.
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

A little undergeared

Postby Calyse » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:29 pm

I would think that you may be a little low to tank Moroes and the adds. I would recommend having the druid tank Moroes and you take all the adds (maybe just shackle one, especially if its the arms warrior). You can keep OT agro on Moroes through consecrate. It works well for us.

Just make sure to not cast your shield. It's hard for the other to gain agro off of you. Just be near the stairs and consecrate, and you should be good.

--Calyse
Calyse

Postby holysoldier » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks for the advice, when you say don't cast shield i'm assuming you mean don't pull with AS and not don't cast Holy Shield? just want to clarify.

Thanks again for the help.
-Abe Lincoln
holysoldier

Postby Alanyor » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Yep, he means Avenger's Shield. But that's not the problem.
Just use it to one of the adds assigned to you that's position is on the very left or the very right and you should go fine with that...
If the druid is totally newb and can't get Moroes off of you, it's not your fault. :D
But be careful with tanking >all< adds. I don't think you will have a chance against the Mortal Strike Warrior and the Retribution Paladin at the same time, and if one of them is the target for shackle, the Holy Priest/Holy Pala dispell the shacke --> not good. :P
And you have less options for becoming threat #2 on Moroes because you can't block, he doesn't hit you and such things.

Well, try it and then tell us how it was. :D
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby holysoldier » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:39 pm

well we tried moroes but we had 3 priests so they where on shackle duty then dps was supposed to just burn down one add at a time and then after 2 adds were dead dps down moroes. with me main tanking moroes and druid on OT duty. it didn't go so hot, first attempt wiped at 15% second wipe not even 50%. our healing is not there and that's what i believe is our problem. we had 3 healers holy pally, disc/holy priest, and holy priest. only the pally was over 1k healing, the other 2 were at 825 and 550. so i'm pretty sure that's our issue:( we'll try again next week though:D
-Abe Lincoln
holysoldier

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:27 pm

550 healing? For what kind of masochistical reason you let such undergeared person join Kara? A lvl 60 healer would have had more effectiveness.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby holysoldier » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:55 pm

ya i know :oops: i'm not the raid leader so i just go in with what they send me. it's a casual guild so i think they just turn 70 and get kara attuned. trying to find a polite way of telling them we need to gear up a bit better before we keep going on.
-Abe Lincoln
holysoldier

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:28 am

Well, i'd strongly suggest you to tell them to not bring such undergeared people. If anyone else in the raid had similar gear, i'm no surprised you had troubles on Moroes even with 3 CC.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zeels » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:56 am

When I tried AOE tanking last week, the adds on me let go of aggro when I got gauged, they didn't do so the week before... Anyone noticed this as well?

Someone told me that you can pervent the garrote if you have your back against a wall (thinking about healers and low hp ppls), is this true?

Downed him, but the gauge thing bugged me since it wasn't like that previous weeks.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Zhalseran » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:23 am

When you get gouged, mobs will always run off you, same is if your hit with Hammer of Justice. The only thing that will change this, is if the effect is quickly removed, ie you take damage or in the case of HoJ, it gets dispelled

as for the back to the wall thing, I can see how that could work I spose, but I wouldn't count on it
Zhalseran

Postby Korath » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:31 am

When I tank moroes DPS burn down 2 adds and 2 adds are CC'd (shakel or trap) untill the end. The adds that are killed are normally the Holy and Shadow priests.

I also keep blessing of sacrifice on either a garroted person or the one who is 2nd on aggro, this means soon as you are gouged you pop out of it very quickly and re-gain aggro. Means you dont need a OT.

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Euphoria » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Throwing BoS on a garrote target (or on the offtank) helps a ton.

I tanked the ret pally, holy priest, and shadow priest along with Moroes last night (priest didn't get the shackle off on his target before it was in consecration range and the raid leader said, "Screw shackle, kill them Euph) without any issues. I'd get gouged, Offtank would get hit, all the adds took two steps back to me. Smooth kill.

My gear is by no means stellar either...I'm sitting at 12.9k with kings only.

One of the healers also got mana burned on the pull so I only had two healers for the fight.

Next week I'm going to "accidentally" keep aggro on Midnight and Attumen.
Euphoria

Postby Xanatos » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:20 am

FYI, mobs will turn from you if you get gouged/blinded but not if you get HoJ for the ret pally. In the latter case, they will still keep hitting on you and you can't block/parry/dodge. This means you take a lot more damage so your healers have to be prepared.

Other than that, keep BoSac on the OT or a garrote target. I love getting garroted during this fight since it means i can lay off trying to keep BoSac up every 30 secs.
Xanatos

Postby Zeels » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:46 am

Xanatos wrote:FYI, mobs will turn from you if you get gouged/blinded but not if you get HoJ for the ret pally. In the latter case, they will still keep hitting on you and you can't block/parry/dodge. This means you take a lot more damage so your healers have to be prepared.

Other than that, keep BoSac on the OT or a garrote target. I love getting garroted during this fight since it means i can lay off trying to keep BoSac up every 30 secs.

I usually bubble during vanish if I'm garroted to give the healers some slack.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Next

Return to Karazhan