PVE - Lock

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: PVE - Lock

Postby bldavis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Levantine wrote:Screw that, go Demo. Lol Immolation Aura.

:twisted:
i love metmorphasis!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Korola » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:26 am

bldavis wrote:
Levantine wrote:Screw that, go Demo. Lol Immolation Aura.

:twisted:
i love metmorphasis!

I wish I had a picture of my face the first time I read the tooltip for immolation aura.

"That does how much damage per tick for how long?" :shock:

Mozen wrote:Then you'll be happy to hear that in 4.0, soul shards will become self-refreshing and limited to three shards per warlock. Soul stones, health stones and summoning will no longer cost soul shards (if I remember correctly). It's the long awaited quality of life improvement for warlocks.

I thought I had missed something somewhere. Even more to look forward to in 4.0.

Mozen wrote:For instancing, really just go Destruction. Seriously. You can just RoF on most packs. It's easier and higher DPS. Affliction won't be of much help until you start raiding, at the current stage of the game, since five-man mobs (especially heroics) just die too fast for DOTs to be worth anything. If they're gonna die that fast, you might as well take the easier way out and use RoF, which means destruction.

It's frustrating to get a big-headed healer that refuses to heal you with his/her full mana bar after you've just spent all your mana throwing seeds.

I really wish I could pay for a third spec tab, I like all 3 and they each have their utilities. I dropped my affliction spec last night to mess around with destruction. A friend of mine gave me a priority of spells that he uses single target, I'll check it here and your feedback is welcome. Curse of elements (on shorter than 1 min sub curse of doom over 1 min), immolate, chaos bolt, conflagrate, then incinerate till chaos bolt is up, conflagrate, refresh immolate, incinerate and repeat. I checked it on a dummy and it looked like it took some decent ramp up time, but once it got rolling was quite consistent.

EDIT for: I'm level 71
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 am

Mozen wrote:It's frustrating to get a big-headed healer that refuses to heal you with his/her full mana bar after you've just spent all your mana throwing seeds.

I have gotten in the habit on my priest of watching the lock mana bar almost as if it is their health bar (because technically it is). I say if they want to shorten my time by blowing their mana pool, I will help them out in whatever way possible.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Korola wrote:I really wish I could pay for a third spec tab, I like all 3 and they each have their utilities. I dropped my affliction spec last night to mess around with destruction. A friend of mine gave me a priority of spells that he uses single target, I'll check it here and your feedback is welcome. Curse of elements (on shorter than 1 min sub curse of doom over 1 min), immolate, chaos bolt, conflagrate, then incinerate till chaos bolt is up, conflagrate, refresh immolate, incinerate and repeat. I checked it on a dummy and it looked like it took some decent ramp up time, but once it got rolling was quite consistent.

My rotation:
CoE, Immolate, CB, Incinerate until Immolate is about to fall off (2-3 seconds), Conflagrate, then start over with Immolate.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Amirya wrote:
Korola wrote:I really wish I could pay for a third spec tab, I like all 3 and they each have their utilities. I dropped my affliction spec last night to mess around with destruction. A friend of mine gave me a priority of spells that he uses single target, I'll check it here and your feedback is welcome. Curse of elements (on shorter than 1 min sub curse of doom over 1 min), immolate, chaos bolt, conflagrate, then incinerate till chaos bolt is up, conflagrate, refresh immolate, incinerate and repeat. I checked it on a dummy and it looked like it took some decent ramp up time, but once it got rolling was quite consistent.

My rotation:
CoE, Immolate, CB, Incinerate until Immolate is about to fall off (2-3 seconds), Conflagrate, then start over with Immolate.

Try to avoid clipping your DOT's. You will want to time it so you apply it RIGHT after the dot disapears. You will lose more dps by clipping the dot when it has 1 or more seconds left than if you have 1 second without the dot. :D
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Korola » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
Amirya wrote:

My rotation:
:D

I use x-perl for my unit frames, I have my spells on the mob set rather large to show the timers. Do you have an add on that you use as a dot timer?
Last edited by Korola on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Amirya wrote:

My rotation:

I think that I like this better. I am guessing that juggling haste (too much, too little) is going to be crucial.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:Try to avoid clipping your DOT's. You will want to time it so you apply it RIGHT after the dot disapears. You will lose more dps by clipping the dot when it has 1 or more seconds left than if you have 1 second without the dot. :D

I picked up that rotation from...somewhere. And I haven't played seriously since the start of the month, excepting raids. But it was my understanding that Conflagrate is an instant cast that can only be applied if Immolate is on the mob.

I'll certainly double check tonight, since I could Be Wrong.

Edit: Ok, I just looked, and I must be having a stupid day. Conflagrate can only be applied if Immolate or Shadowflame are on the mob, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by applying Conflag after either one drops off the mob.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 am

Korola wrote:
Amirya wrote:My rotation:

I think that I like this better. I am guessing that juggling haste (too much, too little) is going to be crucial.

If you're going Destro, you're probably better off glyphing Conflag and using it on cooldown. Destro uses a priority queue that essentially matches what your friend gave you:
CoDoom
Immolate (for the debuff, since it boosts all of your other spells)
CB
Conflag
Incinerate as filler

When glyphed, Conflag doesn't consume immolate. I suppose if you don't have it glyphed, you'd want to wait to conflag until the very end of Immo, but I suspect that'd be a serious DPS loss compared to just picking the glyph as your first major.

I play Afflic most of the time though, because it's got a lot to keep track of and interesting. I got bored playing my moonkin, and Destro doesn't feel that more engaging. Afflic keeps me on my toes.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 am

Amirya wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:Try to avoid clipping your DOT's. You will want to time it so you apply it RIGHT after the dot disapears. You will lose more dps by clipping the dot when it has 1 or more seconds left than if you have 1 second without the dot. :D

I picked up that rotation from...somewhere. And I haven't played seriously since the start of the month, excepting raids. But it was my understanding that Conflagrate is an instant cast that can only be applied if Immolate is on the mob.

I'll certainly double check tonight, since I could Be Wrong.

Edit: Ok, I just looked, and I must be having a stupid day. Conflagrate can only be applied if Immolate or Shadowflame are on the mob, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by applying Conflag after either one drops off the mob.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
If youre destro you DEFINATELY should glyph so that you don't eat your immolate - and yes immolate is required for you to cast conflag.

No matter what spec of warlock you are alot of people will "Clip" the dot.. meaning the dot has say.. 2 or 3 seconds left on it so you just refresh it before it wears off. This results in you losing the FINAL tick of the DoT and causes you to lose dps and eventually even using to much mana (Lol warlocks don't care about mana!). However you will have to learn how to roll your attacks correctly so your immolate doesn't wear off when your conflag comes up or you will lose the .5 seconds you have to wait for the system to read you just put up immolate. So I was talking about your DOTS like immo - curses - corruption.. not conglag
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 am

Hi, I'm Aronus, and I'm a dot clipper.

im gettting better at it though!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Korola » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:55 am

theckhd wrote:I play Afflic most of the time though, because it's got a lot to keep track of and interesting. I got bored playing my moonkin, and Destro doesn't feel that more engaging. Afflic keeps me on my toes.

I might have the same problem, my elemental shaman gets boring to me for that very reason. In fact, now that I look at it it does look pretty damn close to elemental rotation...

theckhd wrote:When glyphed, Conflag doesn't consume immolate. I suppose if you don't have it glyphed, you'd want to wait to conflag until the very end of Immo, but I suspect that'd be a serious DPS loss compared to just picking the glyph as your first major.

I would suspect this to be a dps loss as well. With a 15 second duration on immolate and a 10 second cooldown on conflagrate, without the glyph you would lose a conflagrate once every 5 seconds. Makes sense to just pick up the glyph.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 am

Blast and damn for 24 hour maintenance! I can't go fix my rotation and burn a few dummies.

DoT clipping - Ok, yes, I was having a stupid day yesterday. I am a DoT clipper, but I'm getting better at judging the burns I'm flinging, and I've gotten to casting Conflag when I have less than 1 second. And I hit 77!

Rotation - So the rotation should be CoE, Immolate, CB, Conflag, Incinerate until Conflag is up, then Incinerate until time to reapply Immolate?
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Dakiros » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Korola wrote:I use x-perl for my unit frames, I have my spells on the mob set rather large to show the timers. Do you have an add on that you use as a dot timer?

I use Quartz for this, it has really nice cast bars plus the effect timers. DoTimer good for showing everything on multiple mobs including your dots and cooldowns etc.
Dakiros

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes