League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Hayz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:45 pm

So i shouldnt buy eve to try her out? shes marked as an assassin character, which is what i found I'm good at, I miss akali (last game i played as her i went 22/1/17, got triforce by level 7 :D ) Lately ive been playing teemo a bit, had a successful game or 2, but im still learning how best to use him. Ryze being free doesnt help, he just DESTROYS nearly anything if he catches them with a full combo. What are some other fun assassin champions? I kinda wanna try kat and i really wanna see how shaco is.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 am

Don't get eve. Wait till she becomes free to test her, because you might just join the legion of eve-tards who make people leave queues when they see her in your team.

Katarina is a glass cannon, her ult deals a lot of damage, but you can interrupt it, and she's not very good at up front team fights.
Argali

Postby Euphoria » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 am

Hayz wrote:So i shouldnt buy eve to try her out? shes marked as an assassin character, which is what i found I'm good at, I miss akali (last game i played as her i went 22/1/17, got triforce by level 7 :D ) Lately ive been playing teemo a bit, had a successful game or 2, but im still learning how best to use him. Ryze being free doesnt help, he just DESTROYS nearly anything if he catches them with a full combo. What are some other fun assassin champions? I kinda wanna try kat and i really wanna see how shaco is.

Eve isn't super easy to play and she brings zilch to a team fight. She's bursty with her E but her R isn't as strong as most of the other champs ults; she also lacks any CC other than her puny stun and her autoattack sucks unless you build AD which doesn't scale ANY of her abilities. AP is always the better choice but her ult scales her AS...So go figure. Oracles also tend to shut her down a lot more than they would shaco or twitch. I highly recommend you wait until she's free (as was posted above). She's also quite a bit more powerful on TT than on SR so keep that in mind.

Teemo is hardcore map control with his shrooms. Build him AD/AS though. AP Teemo makes baby jesus cry. Protip on shrooms: Don't place them directly on a wall. Put them out just a bit so that when champs move through bushes or around a corner they'll get hit. If they're right on a wall they won't always trigger.

Ryze is a glass cannon. He'll blow his full combo and leave you at 1/4 health. What you need to know about Ryze is that he's got a good 6-8 seconds before he can do it again. You're at 1/4 health and he's autoattacking. Don't run, blow that motherf***er up. If he's fed then a spirit visage and banshees will shut him down totally and he'll turn into a free kill after his Crystal prison is gone. If you've got a Cho'gath (or another silence champ) he'll be impotent for 3 seconds, which is enough time in a teamfight to blow him up.

Kat is awesome once you figure out how to use her. A friend of mine runs her quite a bit in our pre-mades. I'll set up the ganks with Morde and he'll finish them off with Kat. She deals absolutely retarded damage when she's fed.

A properly played Shaco will make you want to rip out your hair. He's just impossible to frekaing kill.
Euphoria

Postby Hayz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 pm

There seems to be a large debate over whether to build AP shaco and JiTB/2shiv or AD shaco and deceive/backstab auto-attack, Im probably about 3-4 games away from picking up shaco and giving it a try, see which one i like better, which works better.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Euphoria » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:57 pm

That's a lot like the debate with Ezreal. I've built him both ways and just prefer AP. I play him more as a support/healer than a carry/assassin though.
Euphoria

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:20 pm

AD Ez is more useful earlier in the game when people are laning, since his harassment is stupid good, but not so good late game in team fights, AP Ez seems to be the opposite, so both works.
Argali

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Ashe is fun.

Also, lolol at all this AP AD and AS shit flying WAY over my head. I should really read the basics stuff more.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Nothing much really, most stats do what they say. Most abilities scale with Attack Damage, or Ability Power, even though there are some that scale with both, they are rare-ish.

Probably what you need to be told is :

Attack Damage also increases your auto attack damage.
Life steal only works on physical attacks, which means auto attacks, and most melee champions abilities, but there's a lot of melee champions that do magic damage with their abilities, so you need spell vamp.
+Attack speed is based on your base attack speed at level one, e.g. if your attack speed is 0.5 at level one, any item that gives you 50% attack speed will give you 0.25 AS. 100% will give you 0.5 AS. So, champions with a higher base attack speed benefit more from +attack speed things.
Crits do 200% damage.
Argali

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Oh no no no, it's more the acronyms that fly around. It's not so bad when I sit down and think about it, but lulz.
Levantine

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Lulz idd at new hero being released and all the n00b buying him and sucking in game because they are trying to l2p their new hero.
Argali

Postby Levantine » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Which was the new one again? I cbf keeping up with this madness. :D
Levantine

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Malhazar, the Prophet of the Void, just got released today, costs 6.3k IP. New hero is new, so anybody playing him is bound to suck.
Argali

Postby Euphoria » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Argali wrote:AD Ez is more useful earlier in the game when people are laning, since his harassment is stupid good, but not so good late game in team fights, AP Ez seems to be the opposite, so both works.

Mystic Shot and Parrrrley are the only two skills I can think off offhand that deal ONLY physical damage. Since mystic shot is so cheap and so spammable it's nasty nasty early game when bolstered with a pickaxe (Ginsoo's is the first item I pick up in my hybrid build, and I buy the pick first because of the AD early game).

Lev, you'll get the basic gist of the game pretty quick. I've played a few hundred matches and there's still only a handful of champs I'd walk into a non-pug game with. Just takes time to develop your favorites.

And yes, Ashe is fun. Make sure you learn to use the arrow effectively, getting KB's off of it while in a different lane is lolz.
Euphoria

Postby Arnock » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Argali wrote:Malhazar, the Prophet of the Void, just got released today, costs 6.3k IP. New hero is new, so anybody playing him is bound to suck.

he sounds like a crazy fun hero to play though, if I had the IP to buy him I would, sadly I'm level 6 without a hero to call my own. I might just go ahead and buy sivir, but I'll experiment with a few more first.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:10 pm

IIRC, new heroes get added to the rotation 2 weeks after they are released. Play him then, oh-ho-ho-ho.

Plus good guides will be up for him on the internets by then, so you won't suck ass.
Argali

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games