Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby ImzadiDax » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am

Which is what I had read before I attempted it, will definately have to try again. I haven't attempted any of the WoLK ones on heroic, sounds a bit chewy still.

Dax
ImzadiDax

Postby Shoju » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:39 am

Anyone have much luck in BWL? I have done Broodlord, the drakes, and I got about 15 minutes with Chromaggus before I dropped like a rock.
Shoju

Postby Belloc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Sarutankah wrote:
Maddok wrote:I'm working on TBC reps that I never got around to getting to exalted as I didn't care at the time. Soloing Heroic Mana Tombs for consortium isn't bad at all. Wondering if I could do Heroic Black Morass or if it would be faster to just zerg through it on normal, repeatedly.

I didn't pay attention at the time but if you just left all the guardians up on normal and killed the trash that came to you (in black morass) it might work out to be an awesome way to grind rep - I can imagine 17 portals worth of constantly spawning trash to be pretty epic, I wonder if you would make it to the last boss at all.

Just tested... doesn't work. Portal trash doesn't give rep.
Belloc

Postby Tropicana » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Shoju wrote:Anyone have much luck in BWL? I have done Broodlord, the drakes, and I got about 15 minutes with Chromaggus before I dropped like a rock.

Those are really the only solo-able bosses in there. I'm sure Nef could easily be solo'd, but would just take a long time since he will use blessing of protection fairly often. 3 manned Razor, Vael, and Nef, but all of which could be duo'd with the right classes/gear.

Chromaggus is very long, but not too difficult. I've only solo'd him once, but multiple times with my 80 rogue main auto attacking him to speed things along since he takes reduced holy damage.

I use normal gear, fire resist aura, SoV and judge light for as long as I can before the red debuff stacks too high, then switch to seal of light. Bring plenty of hourglass sand, I usually go through 20 when with my rogue, but the first time I went through about 80-90 solo. Dispel as much as you can, sometimes the red debuff will stack too quickly, in which case bear with it as long as you can, then bubble and clear it. I usually try to keep it dispelled down to 10 or 20. If it stacks quick and gets to 30, that's when I stop and just survive as long as I can, save some mana, and bubble/heal.

My prot gear is pretty awful, haven't raided since Naxx and even then was ret and only collected prot when nobody else needed them, and I've only died when I was first attempting, or when I get disconnected mid-fight, which happens a lot unfortunately.

Try it out again if you enjoy soloing tough bosses. Just be prepared with hourglass sand, for a very long and slow fight, and be sure to dispel what you can.
Tropicana

Postby Ardrhyst » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 am

latchee wrote:Well, after a long long try, I realised that it is impossible to solo him.
In fact, at 25% HP he summons Water globules http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=37854 which pull all the room to you.

So if someone discovers a way to kill the depth-seer, morogrim should be easily soloable ;)

I've actually found that with concentrated DPS you can kill the Seers, even through the Tranquility and Rejuvenation when there are two Seers in one group. I use a well-geared threat set and use Avenging Wrath, but so long as you're maximizing output you should be able to beat out their self-healing.

After that, Morogrim is just a twenty minute snoozefest for 250g.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 am

phaqueue wrote:
level 70 Outdoor Bosses

Doomwalker: (2-man with healer) ~250g per person
(Also doable solo - just bring plenty of block - see posts later in this thread)

Is this still current? If so I think my girlfriend on her hunter, my druid friend, and me will go smash this guy everynow and then for some quick $$ different from the norm...
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Ardrhyst » Thu May 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
phaqueue wrote:
level 70 Outdoor Bosses

Doomwalker: (2-man with healer) ~250g per person
(Also doable solo - just bring plenty of block - see posts later in this thread)

Is this still current? If so I think my girlfriend on her hunter, my druid friend, and me will go smash this guy everynow and then for some quick $$ different from the norm...

Doomwalker is pretty easy to solo with the current gear available. With two people he's a walk.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Tropicana » Thu May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Been awhile since I've accomplished anything new, but with so much easily obtainable new gear, I gave Fankriss a shot:
My plan was to use my rogue to kill the worms, but got crit for 18k by an enraged one at around 70%. But the fight went pretty well. SoV 90% of the fight, switched to SoL when the MS debuff wore off if I wasn't killing a worm. Strangely I only got web wrapped maybe 5 times total. Last time I attempted this boss I was getting wrapped what seemed like constantly.
Tropicana

Postby Ardrhyst » Fri May 28, 2010 7:51 am

Soloing Fankriss is definitely doable now, but if you get boned by wraps, there's pretty much nothing that can save you. There's a luck element there that's difficult to overcome.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby latchee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 am

I tried C'thun with 140 RN and Shadow resist aura, it was very easy to down him to phase 2.
But when you are in his stomac, he kills you (with 0 dmg, you just die) because there is nobody outside of him, I think.
So unfortunately not soloable ><
latchee

Postby Rhaegon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:45 am

Just Soloed full Zul'aman ^^

I dont know if someone already killed Malacrass...maybe it's a world first :P

did some SS

damn I forgot to ss Linx boss :P

I frapsed Malacrass kill also...if i find a way to edit it a little bit I'll post it on youtube

:mrgreen:

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZCmRyqHeQ
Rhaegon

Postby Kestrel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Does ZA still require 5(or whatever number) people ringing the gong at the beginning to be able to open the gate?

Been meaning to solo that place forever, but always thought it took a group just to open it. So I've put it off.
Kestrel

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Kestrel wrote:Does ZA still require 5(or whatever number) people ringing the gong at the beginning to be able to open the gate?

Been meaning to solo that place forever, but always thought it took a group just to open it. So I've put it off.

No.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Kestrel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Kestrel wrote:Does ZA still require 5(or whatever number) people ringing the gong at the beginning to be able to open the gate?

No.

Sweet. thanks. time to go get my gnome army trinket and conquer the world then.
Kestrel

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 am

Was there ever a point where you were close to wiping?

I'm curious about trying this, but I'm a 10m paladin in 10m gear. It looks like I'm a good 7k HP behind you :( I could toss on another stam trinket, but that's only going to be a brewfest trinket, or the black heart.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats