League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Euphoria » Wed May 26, 2010 6:56 am

He's so squishy and doesn't have any escape abilities. I might just be building him wrong though. I bought him a month or so ago, won a few TT's with him and never busted him out again so I don't have a great gear setup or skill order yet.

When he's fed, lawls. Until he's fed he's actually semi-hard to play.
Euphoria

Postby Argali » Wed May 26, 2010 9:00 am

Any hero with stealth is a bit OP imo, as based on the dynamics of the game, 2 on 1 can be a total gankfest, thus knowing opponent locations is paramount, and to deal with stealth you need to buy the expensive of the 2 wards, which limit where you can be, as the range isn't that big, or buy an elixir, which eats into your item build a lot, and the fact that you lose it if you die is annoying.

Twitch doesn't really need to be fed as much as you think, you just need a certain amount of +attack speed, since each hit stacks poison, stealth, wait for someone to get distracted attacking a tower, or moving somewhere, unstealth with your bonus attack speed, then just expunge for stupid burst damage with autoattack + 1 skill.

He's just stupid hero, period. He's not n00b friendly though. You actually need to know how to use him, but you can start owning from around lvl 4 or something depending on how much money you have from first blood, kills and last hitting.
Argali

Postby Euphoria » Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Against a decent team at a high ELO he's worthless. As soon as I see a Twitch in 5v5 I adjust my playing strat, as soon as I see an Evelyn in 3v3 I adjust for that (I laugh at Eve in 5v5, she's crap).

Wards aren't that expensive and can be placed in choke points. You know, if you're mid, that twitch is going to sit in one of the bushes on the river while he waits for his stealth CD and the proper opening. You know he'll do the same if you're top or bottom.

With good lane support and a laning partner that's on vent he's not going to kill you if you're awake. And in a teamfight? HAHAHAHAHHA, he's a red smear on the ground or running for his life as soon as spray n' pray gets popped.
Euphoria

Postby Aubade » Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Euphoria wrote:Against a decent team at a high ELO he's worthless. As soon as I see a Twitch in 5v5 I adjust my playing strat, as soon as I see an Evelyn in 3v3 I adjust for that (I laugh at Eve in 5v5, she's crap).

Wards aren't that expensive and can be placed in choke points. You know, if you're mid, that twitch is going to sit in one of the bushes on the river while he waits for his stealth CD and the proper opening. You know he'll do the same if you're top or bottom.

With good lane support and a laning partner that's on vent he's not going to kill you if you're awake. And in a teamfight? HAHAHAHAHHA, he's a red smear on the ground or running for his life as soon as spray n' pray gets popped.

What's is an "ELO"
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Argali » Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 am

ELO is a commonly used ranking system, which while not perfect is quite good.
Argali

Postby Aubade » Thu May 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Look at this RETARDED team I got for TT. The Master Yi went AFK about 10 minutes in, and then the silvir guy just stopped playing after he got owned by a 3v1. And I still managed to hold em off for a while =]

Aubade

Postby Hayz » Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Played a few games, I'm nothing special yet, but just started and have gotten a bit better. Summoner name is RisenHayz if you wanna find me and such.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Lightbeard » Thu May 27, 2010 4:15 pm

LoL still require you to pay for all the heroes?
Lightbeard

Postby Argali » Thu May 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Hayz wrote:Played a few games, I'm nothing special yet, but just started and have gotten a bit better. Summoner name is RisenHayz if you wanna find me and such.

EU or US? Even with the change from GoA to Riot Games, regions are still account separate, like WoW.

LFL
Heroes still need to be unlocked with points, either by coughing up money to get Riot Points, or just playing to earn Influence Points. There is a rotation of free heroes that gets changed per week, and I think you get a random free hero when you make an account, that's the only explanation I have come up with why I have a random Corki unlocked on my account, as the last time I played before restarting was during the beta when everything was unlocked.
Argali

Postby Hayz » Thu May 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Pretty sure it's US, should be anyway. Still trying to find what hero I'm decent at.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Arnock » Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Never was a huge dota player, but the hero I always enjoyed the most was slayer

For those of you who are a bit more experienced with league, any hero in particular that would have the most similar play style to slayer in dota?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Argali » Fri May 28, 2010 7:11 am

I don't think there's a direct analogue of this hero.
Argali

Postby Euphoria » Fri May 28, 2010 8:29 am

I'd say Annie is somewhat close (although not a 100% match). Pure magic user that can stun. Easy to shut down though, and she has to cast a few spells to power her stun passive.
Euphoria

Postby Aubade » Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Aubade

Postby Argali » Fri May 28, 2010 5:31 pm

You know what annoys me?
The first win of the day timer isn't up on the EU servers yet.
Argali

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games