Hunter Mods

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Hunter Mods

Postby Flex » Tue May 25, 2010 9:30 am

Since I am leveling a hunter and stings play just a small role in Hunter DPS I was wondering if there was a basic mod similar to this Holy Paladin one for tracking Stings and Black Arrow?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Re: Hunter Mods

Postby sherck » Tue May 25, 2010 9:39 am

I use the addon Classtimer for all my toons. It gives you three movable bar areas where you can track your buffs / debuffs. The default is to set them to yourself, your target and a focus (myself, focus the tank and target the mob/boss when healing for example).

On my bar, I can see the duration on a disappearing bar of any buffs that I put on myself and on my target bar, I can see the duration on a disappearing bar of any debuffs that I put on my target. I put the focus bar right next to the focus pane on the left side of the screen (under the party of 5 panes), my personal bar just above it and the target bar just under the target pane (I use the default U/I). That puts all three right in a column that I can check at a glance.

Anyway, there is probably a personal Hunter mod that does it but I have found Classtimer to be great for any class.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Shoju » Tue May 25, 2010 10:29 am

heh. Its funny, I compare every timer mod to CLCBPT. Truly a FANTASTIC addon. I haven't found one, but once you get high enough as a Marks hunter (if that is still the way you are leaning) you just sting once, and move on. Chimeara will refresh it for you.
Shoju

Postby Palmela » Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 pm

[url]http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/shotandawe.aspx
[/url]

ShotandAwe, like the shaman shockandawe displays all the relevant info. for cooldowns on shots and can be set for a priority list. Shows cooldowns for rapid fire and time left on your mark I think. I dont like the shot priority as if I have to move my rotation is gonna change, works for all shots and shows time left on your SS or VS. One thing I wished it showed was your current AP so you would know optimal times to refresh your SS. Bad sentence structure, sorry Im really tired.
Palmela

Postby Flex » Wed May 26, 2010 7:36 am

Shoju wrote:heh. Its funny, I compare every timer mod to CLCBPT. Truly a FANTASTIC addon. I haven't found one, but once you get high enough as a Marks hunter (if that is still the way you are leaning) you just sting once, and move on. Chimeara will refresh it for you.

That doesn't help me being Survival now!

Shot and Awe looks really close. Hopefully the cruft can be moved away.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed May 26, 2010 9:29 am

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:heh. Its funny, I compare every timer mod to CLCBPT. Truly a FANTASTIC addon. I haven't found one, but once you get high enough as a Marks hunter (if that is still the way you are leaning) you just sting once, and move on. Chimeara will refresh it for you.

That doesn't help me being Survival now!

Shot and Awe looks really close. Hopefully the cruft can be moved away.

all i use is class timers and poweraruas and im surv....

maybe thats why i can kick ass in demon spec on my lock (similar rotation/ same addons)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby cerwillis » Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 am

I like ViperNotify, it has an egg timer that dings when you hit 80% mana, and continues to harass you until you switch it off
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Wed May 26, 2010 11:38 am

I just used power auras. I have icons of the abilities that pop up when the spell is off CD and a timer below the longer ones (Sting, Mark, BA) that show how long they have left. I also have a giant blue circle that pops up while I'm in Viper and a red circle when I have lock and load.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Barthilas, Horde - <Tribo>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 100 Combat/Subtlety Rogue
Shamora

Postby bldavis » Wed May 26, 2010 1:06 pm

cerwillis wrote:I like ViperNotify, it has an egg timer that dings when you hit 80% mana, and continues to harass you until you switch it off

i forgot to mention that one!

i use viperwatch, visual and audiable reminders to switch aspects at low/high mana (just one reminder at high, might switch addonds)

adn i use auto tracker, automaitaccly switches tracking to whatever im shooting at

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:11 am

Class Timers with color coding by debuff type is what I was looking for. I can glance and see that the "green" is almost gone so I need to refresh my sting. Awesome.
Flex

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes