Remove Advertisements

Timed Loot chest

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Splug » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Hrm, we had a fairly close run last week, but I think we're just burning too much time distributing loot. We were about to enter the temple with the Lynx boss (4th target) with 5 minutes left when our fury warrior got mind controlled and intimidating shouted a few of us into one of the two groups in front of the temple. We survived the overpull but it took too long to clean up. If not for some issues with an AFK, I think we could manage the timer.

Ran with 2 healers (resto shaman / holy paladin), 1 fulltime tank (they made me bring the warrior... something about a gear gap, even though I'm convinced we could have run it faster with the paladin), and a feral druid for tanking bosses which required two tanks. Two mages, one lock, one fury warrior, one hunter, and an elemental shaman for dps. Dual bloodlusts were a nice little edge on dps.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Aalryn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:00 am

Splug wrote:Hrm, we had a fairly close run last week, but I think we're just burning too much time distributing loot. We were about to enter the temple with the Lynx boss (4th target) with 5 minutes left when our fury warrior got mind controlled and intimidating shouted a few of us into one of the two groups in front of the temple. We survived the overpull but it took too long to clean up. If not for some issues with an AFK, I think we could manage the timer.
-Splug


After completing 3 consecutive sucessful timed runs i can say that the only way to do it is to forget about loot. Keep it on group loot. Need if you want it pass if you dont. A disenchanter rolls greed. When the boss dirs, loot your badges mount up and start pulling the next area.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
User avatar
Aalryn
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Postby Aalryn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:39 pm

oh and an added note: a little secret.

Of course if your going for a full timed run for the mount, you can't spend time getting chests.. they dont despawn no matter how long you take so just let the npc's sit in there cages for now. After you kill zul'jin go back for each box as a group (that's what we do anyway).

The secret is that you can at this point bring in alts and release the guys from the cages and get your alts loot (potentially sell loot) etc.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
User avatar
Aalryn
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Postby Comma » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Aalryn wrote:oh and an added note: a little secret.

Of course if your going for a full timed run for the mount, you can't spend time getting chests.. they dont despawn no matter how long you take so just let the npc's sit in there cages for now. After you kill zul'jin go back for each box as a group (that's what we do anyway).

The secret is that you can at this point bring in alts and release the guys from the cages and get your alts loot (potentially sell loot) etc.


How long the chest lasted till you down zul'jin? say 1hour, 2hours or even 3 hours? I think some reply was saying it lasts at least 1 hour, but no one could safely say they last forever yet, or can you?

To loot chest for your alts/customers, I think when they werent there for the boss kill, they probably wont be in the loot list, just my guess though.
User avatar
Comma
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby Aalryn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Comma wrote:How long the chest lasted till you down zul'jin? say 1hour, 2hours or even 3 hours? I think some reply was saying it lasts at least 1 hour, but no one could safely say they last forever yet, or can you?

To loot chest for your alts/customers, I think when they werent there for the boss kill, they probably wont be in the loot list, just my guess though.



Well from event start until zul'jin dies is about 1 hour 15 minutes for us. So the chest lasts definitely over an hour, but I've never been in the zone for over 2 hours... We dont even let the people out of the cages until we finish it all, so it's hard to say, but we never open chests until the zone is 100% cleared.

(if you fail any part of the event, you can still let the people out of the cages in the parts you did succeed in.. dont worry about that)

Our mains really dont need anything from these chests, so I know for a fact people who are not there for the boss kill, but are there for the initial chest opening can get loot. We have and actively gear alts doing this. If you are not in range once the chest is initially opened though, your screwed... even if you were there for the boss kill. (so you can't see the loot, decide you want it on an alt and bring them in)
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
User avatar
Aalryn
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Postby Comma » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:29 pm

Ah, thanks for that info. :P
User avatar
Comma
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Postby Splug » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Hrm, we had planned on releasing the captives and riding off, to return to the chests later. If they don't burn when the timer ends, that's much easier/cleaner, since it removes risk of out-of-range issues. Thanks very much for the info and suggestions!

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Previous

Return to Zul'aman

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?