Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby ceela » Tue May 25, 2010 2:25 am

I was kicking myself for missing out of a Healing Power recipe for 2.8k, then I picked up Spellpower for 50g last night. And now the remote AH works for EU accounts, so I'm a happy seller :)

Interestingly, there appears to be cheaper saronite during the mornings. Buybuybuy time.
Ceela <XW> Neptulon-EU
Ceela | Emeta
User avatar
ceela
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:24 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby hoho » Tue May 25, 2010 2:43 am

ceela wrote:I was kicking myself for missing out of a Healing Power recipe for 2.8k, then I picked up Spellpower for 50g last night.
Thanks for the hints, I'm now a proud owner of both recepies for a combined price of ~2.5k :)

I think I might resell spellpower one though as golden pearls are non-existent on my realm and it's pretty close to impossible to farm them. Mats for healing power are much easier to get in comparison
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:05 am

hoho wrote:
ceela wrote:I was kicking myself for missing out of a Healing Power recipe for 2.8k, then I picked up Spellpower for 50g last night.
Thanks for the hints, I'm now a proud owner of both recepies for a combined price of ~2.5k :)

I think I might resell spellpower one though as golden pearls are non-existent on my realm and it's pretty close to impossible to farm them. Mats for healing power are much easier to get in comparison


Isn't healing power more SP anyway? Seems like an overall better deal.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3880
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby ceela » Tue May 25, 2010 3:13 am

Healing Power's 29 and Essence of Water (? Or something like that), Spellpower is 30 and golden pearls. There's always a handful of pearls at ~130g on my server, rarely any water. That said, I've never seen a Spellpower recipe (my AH data only lists the 1, which I bought) and 2-3 Healing Power, so it's possible this is because I'm the only enchanter actively bothering with the recipe so nobody buys the pearls.

Still tempted to pick up the healing power recipe for 2.5k just to see which sells better, but there's 2-3 people selling scrolls of that one so I'm not sure it's worth the camping fight.
Ceela <XW> Neptulon-EU
Ceela | Emeta
User avatar
ceela
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:24 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby daemonym » Tue May 25, 2010 3:18 am

EDIT: Ceela beat me to it.


I bought both recipes and am selling both scrolls rather often. My reasoning is why limit yourself to just one? If somebody is smart enough to see that 30sp is way more expensive and goes to buy healing power why should you let somebody else ahve the sale eh?
Last edited by daemonym on Tue May 25, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
User avatar
daemonym
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: With Cats on Mars

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby hoho » Tue May 25, 2010 3:31 am

ceela wrote: There's always a handful of pearls at ~130g on my server, rarely any water.
From what I remember I got a bunch of water from just leveling. On two different (very) high-pop servers I've seen golden pearls go for around 300g+ a piece. On my main server there was only a single one on sale a couple of hours ago for 500g.

It's kind of weird reading some of the wowhead comments saying golden pearls went for <10g. I wonder if it's a typo or did something drastically change and I missed it.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby ceela » Tue May 25, 2010 3:38 am

hoho wrote:
ceela wrote: There's always a handful of pearls at ~130g on my server, rarely any water.
From what I remember I got a bunch of water from just leveling. On two different (very) high-pop servers I've seen golden pearls go for around 300g+ a piece. On my main server there was only a single one on sale a couple of hours ago for 500g.

It's kind of weird reading some of the wowhead comments saying golden pearls went for <10g. I wonder if it's a typo or did something drastically change and I missed it.


Heirlooms. The enchant was useless for TBC because nobody at the top end needed (TBC enchants were better) and nobody levelling could afford/be bothered with it. It's now the best enchant for heirloom caster weapons, hence the sudden value.

Edit: Well, I got the Healing Power recipe for 2.5k anyway. Amusingly, there's still half a dozen pearls and not a single water on the AH.
Ceela <XW> Neptulon-EU
Ceela | Emeta
User avatar
ceela
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:24 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Levantine » Tue May 25, 2010 3:55 am

I probably should have observed the market for a bit longer (It's been a long while since I was on this server last), but I started testing the water of a couple of markets. O:

If this goes horribly wrong I'm totally blaming you, daemonym.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby ceela » Tue May 25, 2010 4:14 am

I have just realised the absolute best use of the website AH.

You don't need to show as online to post. Take that, damn campers.
Ceela <XW> Neptulon-EU
Ceela | Emeta
User avatar
ceela
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:24 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby daemonym » Tue May 25, 2010 4:18 am

ceela wrote:I have just realised the absolute best use of the website AH.

You don't need to show as online to post. Take that, damn campers.


They will take it and use it with a smile. They'll still be standing around spamming cancel/post. And now you won't even know it.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
User avatar
daemonym
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: With Cats on Mars

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Levantine » Tue May 25, 2010 4:19 am

K lol at the ridiculous markups on Eternium and Adamantite rods. Ta for the heads up on those, I wouldn't have thought to look.

So it's just as well some of the BC stuff is going well cause it appears the local goblins are in the middle of a game of "lets see who has the money to force the other out of the titanium weapon chain and eternal belt buckle markets".
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby ceela » Tue May 25, 2010 4:47 am

daemonym wrote:
ceela wrote:I have just realised the absolute best use of the website AH.

You don't need to show as online to post. Take that, damn campers.


They will take it and use it with a smile. They'll still be standing around spamming cancel/post. And now you won't even know it.


Well, there is that. Pretty certain there's a couple using friendlists, though.
Ceela <XW> Neptulon-EU
Ceela | Emeta
User avatar
ceela
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:24 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby theckhd » Tue May 25, 2010 5:02 am

daemonym wrote:However if the price of singles are way higher than stacks then it's people counting on the laziness of others who will then buy up all their expensive singles so they don't have to scroll through 50 pages. Of course the opposite could be true and people will buy expensive stacks so they don't have to buy a few hundred singles. It's aggravating, it's wicked, and it's also very effective.


Make sense?

I switched from Auctioneer to Auctionator a while back. Auctionator gives you an alternate "buy" window similar to what Auctioneer did, but when you purchase items that are in many stacks of 1, it lets you type in how many you want to buy. Really rather convenient. There are other things it doesn't do as well as Auctioneer, but I don't miss most of the extra stuff, and it's a lot more lightweight.

Levantine wrote:I probably should have observed the market for a bit longer (It's been a long while since I was on this server last), but I started testing the water of a couple of markets. O:

If this goes horribly wrong I'm totally blaming you, daemonym.

If you weasel into my enchanting/engineering market, I will cut you.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7655
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Pizbit » Tue May 25, 2010 5:08 am

hoho wrote:It's kind of weird reading some of the wowhead comments saying golden pearls went for <10g. I wonder if it's a typo or did something drastically change and I missed it.


During classic they were expensive(for the time) then blizzard went and significantly increased the drop rate for them shortly before TBC came out so they became near worthless.

Price has only gone up because there's demand again, they're no longer a traditionally farmed item and less levelers.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Levantine » Tue May 25, 2010 5:10 am

theckhd wrote:If you weasel into my enchanting/engineering market, I will cut you.


Fear not! Liberté is still without gears (I wonder how much longer that'll take, actually)! (I'm on a different server trying to grab a little bit of the blacksmith/enchanting market to make any casual alting I do less painful.

And rofl, I checked the mats cost of the weapon chains and the goblins had driven the price down to below mats cost. Chain = 1.5g, Mats = 2.5g
Last edited by Levantine on Tue May 25, 2010 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest