Remove Advertisements

Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Aetherial » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Lore -

I've got a pocketwatch, but I've been using Shadowmoon Insignia + Darkmoon Card: Vengeance for the extra stam. From what you've seen, do you think I'm better off dropping the 500 or so hp for the pocketwatch? We haven't seen the enrages yet so I'm still on the fence over what will save my ass more, the extra hp or the extra dodge.
Aetherial

Postby Vanifae » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Lore wrote:Tanked him on Thursday, whee. Couple notes:

- He does indeed hit like a girl until he enrages. I was actually having to mana pot >.>

- Draw Soul is somewhat predictable. He always alternates Flame Crash and Draw Soul, usually pretty close together. That means you've got something like 40 seconds to get him where you want him after a demon phase.

- Pocket Watch is amazing for enrages. He dual wields, which gives him a pretty high miss rate. Granted I'm a bit overgeared for the encounter now as I'm wearing 2 pieces of gear from him, but when I pop my pocket watch I end up having something like an 8% chance for him to actually land an attack. It's up for every enrage too.

Did I mention that I hate you.

Congrats.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:10 pm

Aetherial wrote:Lore -

I've got a pocketwatch, but I've been using Shadowmoon Insignia + Darkmoon Card: Vengeance for the extra stam. From what you've seen, do you think I'm better off dropping the 500 or so hp for the pocketwatch? We haven't seen the enrages yet so I'm still on the fence over what will save my ass more, the extra hp or the extra dodge.

Honestly the Pocket Watch is probably my favorite trinket. It's the only piece of non-BT gear I have left that I have no plans of replacing... and there are certain pieces of my BT gear that I'm planning on replacing :P. Popping the pocket watch every enrage and alternating the insignia and a nightmare seed are probably your best way to go.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:57 am

Meh, we killed Illidan last night and he didn't drop any loot :(

His corpse despawned, apparently its a known bug, its gona take weeks for our loot to get distributed :(
Afraithe

Postby Splug » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:32 pm

GM's have been getting progressively better about that. Last time we had loot despawn on us, it was dealt with that night, and our shadow priest had a hammer of judgment in her mail the following morning.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:54 pm

I waited 3 days to even talk to a GM about moving a mis-looted item from me to another pally. When I told the GM that I was 10 seconds from pulling a boss (Teron Gorefiend) and I couldn't log out to get the item transfered, I was kindly informed that it could be some time before they could talk to me again and get this item restored. I waited 3 days and they couldn't wait 5 minutes.
Cakes

Postby Aetherial » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:39 pm

Chalk up another progression Illidan kill with a paladin MT :D

Aetherial

Postby ari » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:55 pm

Aetherial your UI makes me seriously horny.
ari

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:55 am

ari wrote:Aetherial your UI makes me seriously horny.

I support this post, i want a clean UI like yours, give better screen.

Congratz however.
Lewts?
Pic?
Vid?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:00 am

Gratz, how many raids did it take for you to down him? I mean how many hours of tries just for Illidan.
Afraithe

Postby Aetherial » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 am

Loots were:

Champion token x2
Memento of Tyrande
Cursed Vision of Sargeras
Warglaive of Azzinoth (offhand)

As for a movie, I was Fraps'ing up until I ran out of free disc space around 40%, my own damn fault for not deleting other attempts >.> However, a couple of guildies were doing it as well so we should have a guild vid up soon.

Total time spent on learning the encounter was 3 1/2 raid nights (so approximately 14-15 hours of raiding). Of note, there were 3 pieces of Tier 6 among the healers, and 1 on the tanks (we had a druid, a warrior, and myself).
Aetherial

Postby Afraithe » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:37 am

Grats on the offhand, we got the mainhand on our first kill, also the trinket.

We spent around 1½ raids on him, we got to him on Monday around 21, did a few retard attempts, then got him down late Tuesday. Basically, the first "perfectly" executed Phase 2 (no deaths) we killed him.
Afraithe

Postby Lore » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:25 am

11 kills and no legendaries, yesssssss
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:31 am

I'm so jealous of you guys! We're just finishing up keying the last few bench and associate raiders and plan on our Mount Hyjal / BT climb beginning in about a week.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lore » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:35 am

Mortehl wrote:I'm so jealous of you guys! We're just finishing up keying the last few bench and associate raiders and plan on our Mount Hyjal / BT climb beginning in about a week.

I'm jealous of you, believe it or not; that time period is the most fun I've had in TBC raiding.
Lore
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple