I'll just leave this here

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: I'll just leave this here

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue May 04, 2010 9:24 am

This thread makes me lol. If I've learned anything over the course of my 19 years, it's that some puzzles don't want to be solved. While it's admirable to attempt to stem the tide of misinformation, I feel this lad is a lost cause.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 am

I think you ka-boomed the thread Theck. There hasn't been a single other post in there.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed May 05, 2010 7:59 am

Nikachelle wrote:I think you ka-boomed the thread Theck. There hasn't been a single other post in there.

Yeah, I noticed that when I went to check on it this morning. That's OK though, I don't really feel like continuing to argue with the guy. Part of having a successful debate is knowing how to concede gracefully when you're demonstrably wrong, so that you can focus on the points where you're right.

It doesn't seem like he's going to ever admit to making a mistake, at which point it ends being a discussion and begins being a pointless e-peen slapping contest. Essentially all the things I hate about modern politics, actually - I'd have much more respect for a politician that admitted he was wrong about something than one that tried to sidestep the issue with talking points. The entire culture of "I must be right at all times, and all 'facts' presented must support my view in some way" needs to die.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 05, 2010 8:01 am

theckhd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I think you ka-boomed the thread Theck. There hasn't been a single other post in there.

Yeah, I noticed that when I went to check on it this morning. That's OK though, I don't really feel like continuing to argue with the guy. Part of having a successful debate is knowing how to concede gracefully when you're demonstrably wrong, so that you can focus on the points where you're right.

It doesn't seem like he's going to ever admit to making a mistake, at which point it ends being a discussion and begins being a pointless e-peen slapping contest. Essentially all the things I hate about modern politics, actually - I'd have much more respect for a politician that admitted he was wrong about something than one that tried to sidestep the issue with talking points. The entire culture of "I must be right at all times, and all 'facts' presented must support my view in some way" needs to die.

SWORD FIGHT!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 am

Nikachelle wrote:
theckhd wrote:It doesn't seem like he's going to ever admit to making a mistake, at which point it ends being a discussion and begins being a pointless e-peen slapping contest. Essentially all the things I hate about modern politics, actually - I'd have much more respect for a politician that admitted he was wrong about something than one that tried to sidestep the issue with talking points. The entire culture of "I must be right at all times, and all 'facts' presented must support my view in some way" needs to die.

SWORD FIGHT!

Uh, is that a challenge? Because I'm not sure you're... um.... "equipped" to ... uh.... "handle" that sort of contest. :?
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby lythac » Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 am

theckhd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
theckhd wrote:It doesn't seem like he's going to ever admit to making a mistake, at which point it ends being a discussion and begins being a pointless e-peen slapping contest. Essentially all the things I hate about modern politics, actually - I'd have much more respect for a politician that admitted he was wrong about something than one that tried to sidestep the issue with talking points. The entire culture of "I must be right at all times, and all 'facts' presented must support my view in some way" needs to die.

SWORD FIGHT!

Uh, is that a challenge? Because I'm not sure you're... um.... "equipped" to ... uh.... "handle" that sort of contest. :?

Industrial Strength Rope + Hammer of Judgement
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby theckhd » Wed May 05, 2010 8:12 am

Wow. Just, wow.
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 05, 2010 8:16 am

theckhd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

SWORD FIGHT!

Nope, just a keen observer! :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed May 05, 2010 9:25 am

:shock:

im not sure i want to watch this, but i cant seem to peel my eyes away! *glances around for invis*

/munches on popcorn

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 am

bldavis wrote::shock:

im not sure i want to watch this, but i cant seem to peel my eyes away! *glances around for invis*

/munches on popcorn

I'm afraid he's at work. Can I be of service?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am

Nikachelle wrote:
bldavis wrote::shock:

/munches on popcorn

I'm afraid he's at work. Can I be of service?

no no, just here to watch the bloodbath

just not sure if he would be bouncing for the arena :D

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Awyndel » Tue May 18, 2010 8:15 am

I'd vote for you.

But see part of the problem here is the pressure from the public. They just won't accept any leadership wich is not flawless. The only politicians allowed to admit mistakes are the ones stepping down.

Leading a guild/raid can be similar at times.
Awyndel

Postby theckhd » Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 am

Awyndel wrote:I'd vote for you.

But see part of the problem here is the pressure from the public. They just won't accept any leadership wich is not flawless. The only politicians allowed to admit mistakes are the ones stepping down.

Screw that, my guild knows I make mistakes. I'm usually the first to point them out. I think it gives me a little more license to point out their errors, because they know I'm being equitable about it.
theckhd

Postby Meloree » Tue May 18, 2010 10:43 am

theckhd wrote:
Awyndel wrote:I'd vote for you.

Screw that, my guild knows I make mistakes. I'm usually the first to point them out. I think it gives me a little more license to point out their errors, because they know I'm being equitable about it.

I agree 100% with Theck. I'll even go you one further, I tend to be significantly harder on myself when I make a mistake than I am on anyone else. I also make a point of making less mistakes than anyone else.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 18, 2010 10:58 am

theckhd wrote:Thanks. I probably wouldn't have bothered, but this whole "death in the family" thing has put me on edge and made me especially ornery today.

/hugs
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations