25%
No, i have no interest
No votes
I'm not going to Blizzcon
75%

Total votes : 44

Blizzcon, Now with T-shirt poll!

Postby Gladia » Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 am

Since it was announced today, "Tickets to this year's BlizzCon gaming convention, being held on October 22 and 23 in Anaheim, California, will go on sale worldwide on Wednesday, June 2 at 7 p.m. Pacific time for $150 each, with a second block of tickets going on sale Saturday, June 5 at 10 a.m. Pacific time."
Last edited by Gladia on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
“If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.”
-Stalin

Gladia - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Paladin
Aelthena - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Paladin
Veylina - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Druid
Gladia

Re: Blizzcon

Postby Thalia » Tue May 18, 2010 9:07 am

Do you know how many they will be selling?
Thalia

Postby Tenaka » Tue May 18, 2010 11:57 am

So want to go, can afford it too, inc the flights from UK and accom.

Only thing that holds me back is none of my friends can :(
Tenaka

Postby Gladia » Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Thalia wrote:Do you know how many they will be selling?

No Clue, based on previous years, i would estimate 20-30k, but it was pretty packed last year, so they may only be able to fit 20k, and that was the largest space in the building. I like how they changed the times though, last year i missed the first batch from work, and barely made the 2nd batch.

Heres the amount of tickets sold in prior years
2005 October 28–29 8,000
2007 August 3–4 13,000
2008 October 10–12 15,000
2009 August 21–22 20,000
“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
-Stalin

Gladia

Postby Nikachelle » Tue May 18, 2010 12:20 pm

That's IT? God that seems like nothing.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Gladia » Tue May 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Nikachelle wrote:That's IT? God that seems like nothing.

Lol, yeah, i know, but thats a crapton of people.

On a side note, i wonder who is going to be closing it this year, Ozzy was pretty good last year
-Stalin

Gladia

Postby Thalia » Tue May 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Well I will be spamming the "buy" page, hoping to get tickets. I had a lot of fun finding the "maintankadin" by looking for people with our shirts on, and we saw plenty.
Thalia

Postby Gladia » Tue May 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Thalia wrote:Well I will be spamming the "buy" page, hoping to get tickets. I had a lot of fun finding the "maintankadin" by looking for people with our shirts on, and we saw plenty.

I had mine on saturday, but hadnt really seen anyone else there, had a few ask me about it, and say they heard of it, didnt know i ran into people on here until the pictures after i got back, lol like mew.

Maybe this year those who are going could have a meet up kinda thing.
-Stalin

Gladia

Postby Flex » Tue May 18, 2010 2:20 pm

For a trade/event show by one game company that has three properties getting 20K people to come to it is a rather amazing thing.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arnock » Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm

E3's record attendance was 70k apparently, so considering that e3 is the biggest trade show for the entire gaming industry, I'm pretty sure 20k for one company is a pretty good attendance.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Gladia » Tue May 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Flex wrote:

For a trade/event show by one game company that has three properties getting 20K people to come to it is a rather amazing thing.

Based upon previous ticket sales, each day last year sold out in a matter of 5 minutes, the year before, if you were lucky to get into the site, was less than that each day the site was up. Considering there is 10 mil players, you figure atleast 20% of that is in the US, 2 mil people attempting to get a ticket when there is 20k available. Its really not an amazing feat, if they had the space to do 70k, it would sell out just as fast.
-Stalin

Gladia

Postby Flex » Tue May 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Gladia wrote:Its really not an amazing feat, if they had the space to do 70k, it would sell out just as fast.

It is an amazing feat that a single company with so few properties has such a turn out for their events. It speaks volumes about the emotional impact their games produce.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Daeren » Tue May 18, 2010 3:15 pm

150$ Wow, that's alot of cash for Blizzcon. Don't get me wrong or anything, but it's not many years ago that a 5 days music festival (Roskilde) cost that much.

I do see that they have alot of events, and it's expensive to rent the place etc, but still...
Daeren

Postby Gladia » Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Daeren wrote:150$ Wow, that's alot of cash for Blizzcon. Don't get me wrong or anything, but it's not many years ago that a 5 days music festival (Roskilde) cost that much.

I do see that they have alot of events, and it's expensive to rent the place etc, but still...

Imo it is well worth more than that, just for the experience. Not to mention the bag that comes with the ticket, knowing you have an item that was only made/produced for this event. Personally last year, i spent pretty close to 3k on the trip, but that incl'd 2 friends, one from ny and co, 2 hotel rooms, rental car and airfare, and i feel that i got every pennies worth out of it.
-Stalin

Gladia

Postby mew » Tue May 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't think they really profit off Blizzcon. If they do it's not much.

I thought I heard last year was 25000 tickets but I am probably wrong. I trust your number list over my memory.

I love going every year. Minimum cost for the trip (if you are flying in from elsewhere in the US) is around $500, but it is worth it to save up for. ($150 for con ticket, $300 for plane ticket, at least $100 for hotel for 3 nights depending on how many people you split with, food)
I loved the merchandise system last year where you could mail order most of the stuff you wanted before the con.

I'm super excited :D Buying tickets is always the scary part.
ImageImage
mew

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum