[Holydin] FoL on GCD?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Holydin] FoL on GCD?

Postby valura » Tue May 11, 2010 2:30 am

Is it possible to stack enough haste to push the casting time of FoL from 1.5 seconds down to instant casting speed (.95 seconds), and how much haste would be needed?

I know this isn't usable per se in regular healing, but I'm wondering if I could tweak my offspec to specifically benefit from this to heal Valithria as fast as possible.

I can't provide any current numbers right now (being at work sux), but I'll provide them asap.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Re: [Holydin] FoL on GCD?

Postby hoho » Tue May 11, 2010 2:40 am

It should be easily possible considering how many haste talents-abilities paladins have. As a shadowpriest I'm very close to GCD cap without any haste increasing talents at 1.26k haste. With all the relevant buffs active (5+3% from raid, 15% from talents) you should need only around ~600-700-ish haste I believe.

For dreamwalker you shouldn't be using FoL. HL+glyph will be WAY higher output as that spell scales a lot better.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby sherck » Tue May 11, 2010 4:14 am

If you are raid buffed with your Judgement haste buff up, you need 676 Haste to have 1.0 second FoL casts.

But I agree that a HL spam is MUCH higher output on Val UNLESS you are not entering the portals and you are just putting a Beacon on Val and healing around the raid. Then you would go OOM with HL pretty quick while your FoL spam would extend much longer.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby valura » Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 am

I agree about HL being more efficient, but since my sole task is the healing of Val, I have her SS'ed at all times (except in the portals), and I'm using 4pc T9 to boost my FoL/SS

Code: Select all
(4) Set: Increases the heal over time effect from Flash of Light in conjunction with Sacred Shield by 100%.

I was just hoping to get FoL on instant cast, so I could rotate a bit more than just chainspam HL (which would also benefit a huge amount from increased haste) and throwing in a HS from time to time.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Rhiannon » Tue May 11, 2010 6:12 am

Even if you have FoL at sub 1s (which is very easy with full raid buffs, JotP + ICC gear) it's still not instant, you have to stand still to cast it. And even with 4p t9 and SS up, HL spam with proper abuse of glyph of HL will be much higher throughput.
Rhiannon

Postby Flex » Tue May 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Also I'm pretty sure the HoT from the FoL+SS interaction is overwritten with each cast.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Vorianloken » Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 am

Flex wrote:Also I'm pretty sure the HoT from the FoL+SS interaction is overwritten with each cast.

It is.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby Shathus » Thu May 13, 2010 1:45 pm

what others said. Just spam HL. Near the end pop BL and wings, 130k crit heals are tasty! I don't think I've actually healed that fight since the 5% buff (maybe once on 10%). I should do it again sometime just to see the crazy #s.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Sun May 16, 2010 7:49 pm

As others have said, FoL and HS are going to be a straight-up hps loss all the time, except perhaps squeezing off a HS while you're falling out of the dream and re-positioning. I haven't made a successful attempt on her myself, but my understanding is that the best use of the "falling CGD" is to use a macro to re-target Val and renew Beacon. Then you stand on top of her and HL yourself (or better yet a warlock or tenacity pet) like mad so that she gets Beacon heals and HL glyph splash. Don't forget to pop LoH on her while all your +heal bonuses are up.

As far as I can see, 2pcT10 is going to be much better that 4pcT9. Between that, AW, and trinket the throughput should be insane. I just got this bonus today, hoping to test it next weekend if I get get another decent PUG or GDKP run.
rodos

Postby SherKhan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 am

Portalling and using your Bacon on Dreamwalker with HL is the best bet. And this is coming from a FoL pally too, but something else to keep in mind with this fight is to have a hunter in party whose pet has this particular talent;

Blood of the Rhino (Rank 2)
Increases your pet's total Stamina by 4% and increases all healing effects on your pet by 40%.

Now your buffed heals are increased by 40%, as well add the glyph heal to that...thats a lot of healin's.
"I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."

SherKhan

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 pm

The 40% doesn't transfer through beacon, however the glyph splashes will be 40% bigger.
Rhiannon

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes